33 coaches online • Server time: 10:40
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post double on MA10 gutte...goto Post ETA on seasonsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PaddyMick



Joined: Jan 03, 2012

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The new MVP rules have been really handy for building ogres, but now all the big guys are past 31spp it's time to start taking a chance and trying to get a dp snot through mvp (the only way snots can earn spp)
Motskari



Joined: Dec 03, 2005

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Dirty players are always worthy. My elf team carries three of them. So much easier to win if you can get rid of opposing players. Most teams have some unique and specialized players, that make your life difficult. Most players won´t protect their key players well enough. And many teams carries too few players. Stun or KO for critical turns is good enough.

Every team should carry at least 1 dp. More the merrier. I personally think that teams that don´t take dirty player, aren´t using their full potential.
mrt1212



Joined: Feb 26, 2013

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I find at least one DP per team is worth it. There's probably at least one player per game on the opposing side you could live without having to deal with and it makes sense to put them into the dirt for the eternal rest sooner rather than later.
Motskari



Joined: Dec 03, 2005

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot the thing, that opposing coaches always find dp:s as a threat. As an elf coach, every blitz against dp:s take blitz away from key players. Catchers and wardancers are spending much more time in pitch when opposing coach uses his blitz against one skill players.
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys are to hung up on TV exchange rates and so forth.

Wood Elfs with 2-4 DP's are a nasty lot to deal with, why?

Well, they take down one of your anti-elf killers and then send in a DP with 5 assists and send him packing for the match.

Then next turn they hit your other tackler and take him down and send in a DP and send that guy packing.

Now, you have a team with no tackle and no Elf killer unless he rolls KaPow. You have put your foes team in a serious bind.

Forget about TV and so forth. Even Elfs need DP's. A Elf Lino with B/D/DP is well worth the invest.

NOW, all that being said.

Elf coaches wimp out because they do not run 15-16 man rosters, once again, freaking out about TV, because they want to stream line a 11-13 man roster. They on purpose elect not take the most powerful skill in BB2016 to de pitch players on a 7+ roll. WHy? freaking TV.

Programming note....YOU CAN AUTO BREAK AV ON A FOUL WITH DIRTY PLAYER AND GO RIGHT TO THE FUN PART OF A FOUL THE INJURY ROLL WITH A +1.

_________________
Comish of the: Image
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I would also like to point out that Zombies who only take DP and only DP with no effort to at least get Block are sub optimal players in a higher TV range of games.

WHY?

Because if you are playing a 2000TV type game they turn into liabilities because they have no Block. They are easy to neutralize and isolate. Thus they never actually get to throw DP shots at the rate you are wanting to.

_________________
Comish of the: Image
mrt1212



Joined: Feb 26, 2013

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
You guys are to hung up on TV exchange rates and so forth.

Wood Elfs with 2-4 DP's are a nasty lot to deal with, why?

Well, they take down one of your anti-elf killers and then send in a DP with 5 assists and send him packing for the match.

Then next turn they hit your other tackler and take him down and send in a DP and send that guy packing.

Now, you have a team with no tackle and no Elf killer unless he rolls KaPow. You have put your foes team in a serious bind.

Forget about TV and so forth. Even Elfs need DP's. A Elf Lino with B/D/DP is well worth the invest.

NOW, all that being said.

Elf coaches wimp out because they do not run 15-16 man rosters, once again, freaking out about TV, because they want to stream line a 11-13 man roster. They on purpose elect not take the most powerful skill in BB2016 to de pitch players on a 7+ roll. WHy? freaking TV.

Programming note....YOU CAN AUTO BREAK AV ON A FOUL WITH DIRTY PLAYER AND GO RIGHT TO THE FUN PART OF A FOUL THE INJURY ROLL WITH A +1.


Painstate, when's the last time you watch me play Wink I'm running that exact playbook and I love it!
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

Painstate, when's the last time you watch me play Wink I'm running that exact playbook and I love it!


Lets expand on that. Elfs should NOT take MB on their positional players and focus on skills that make them better at every other aspect of Blood Bowl.

Let the Linemen do the grunt work of laying out fouls and de pitching players and let the skilled up positional players worry about the important part of the match...WINNING the GAME.

Skill up the Linemen DP's with at least Block or Dodge. If you do not, they are not helping you in the big picture of winning. They become just like the Zombies and are liabilities.

_________________
Comish of the: Image
mrt1212



Joined: Feb 26, 2013

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about that. I think at least one MB on a positional bar thrower is always worth it. Being able to lay a slightly better has it place. In general you're building at least one positional with tackle anyway, if they get a doubles after tackle why not take at least one MB?

I get what you're saying but I like having at least one hitter with MB on elves, positional or not.

But this is what I do take a lot of wrestle on elves. Being able to put a SF player on the ground and foul them is nice.
ph0enyx13



Joined: Nov 14, 2015

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you not take at least 1 MB on pretty much any team?
Kondor



Joined: Apr 04, 2008

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Motskari wrote:
Dirty players are always worthy. My elf team carries three of them. So much easier to win if you can get rid of opposing players. Most teams have some unique and specialized players, that make your life difficult. Most players won´t protect their key players well enough. And many teams carries too few players. Stun or KO for critical turns is good enough.

Every team should carry at least 1 dp. More the merrier. I personally think that teams that don´t take dirty player, aren´t using their full potential.


Dude, your woodies are at almost 3000 tv when the main players are on the pitch.

At what TV do you start investing in DPs? Surely not too soon.
Grod



Joined: Sep 30, 2003

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the wrestle+dp combo: opposing player blocks and rolls both down. DP wrestles player to ground. Next turn, DP stands up and fouls said player...

PainState wrote:
I would also like to point out that Zombies who only take DP and only DP with no effort to at least get Block are sub optimal players in a higher TV range of games.

WHY?

Because if you are playing a 2000TV type game they turn into liabilities because they have no Block. They are easy to neutralize and isolate. Thus they never actually get to throw DP shots at the rate you are wanting to.

_________________
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde
Antithesisoftime



Joined: Aug 20, 2014

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
I like the wrestle+dp combo: opposing player blocks and rolls both down. DP wrestles player to ground. Next turn, DP stands up and fouls said player...

PainState wrote:
I would also like to point out that Zombies who only take DP and only DP with no effort to at least get Block are sub optimal players in a higher TV range of games.

WHY?

Because if you are playing a 2000TV type game they turn into liabilities because they have no Block. They are easy to neutralize and isolate. Thus they never actually get to throw DP shots at the rate you are wanting to.
that typically my end goal for most zombies

DP Just normally comes first
Guardikai



Joined: Jun 23, 2009

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

DP and Wrestle? Nice! Gonna do that next on some folks.
Inforthepain



Joined: Jul 10, 2013

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

With humans do I like to put DP on a catcher because he only cost 10k more than a linemen in bb2016. They have better mobility and can serve other purposes than just fouling.

_________________
Proud coach of DBK
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits