48 coaches online • Server time: 15:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tofsvipa

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

No way the game was fixed. Annyone who watched the game saw that the all gave it their best.
The last minutes was great =) A good example of stalling =P
farung

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

AJ GO FORR EET ALL ZE TIME!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of weeks ago I had a match with my lizards against a goblin team. I secured the ball deep in my half of the pitch with one skink. The others were fighting fiercely with the relentless gobbos. It was about the fourth or fifth turn when my opponent started to kick my players as a retaliation for my STALLING. Then he started explaining that when I'm in hand-off distance with another payer and he cannot get my ball carrier then that's stalling. Well my fingers crippled and my mouth dropped after his theory. I didn't know that I should be angry for the damage he caused or just laugh at this lamer...
Lorion

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You can stall on all areas of the pitch also your own..... but anyhow I will say this again and again if I have to: STALLING IS A VALID TACTIC. thats it period.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

kick players as a retaliation for stalling is a good tactic too, Frankie...
Obviously, hist theory is just :Shocked:

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

kick players as a retaliation for stalling is a good tactic too, Frankie...
Obviously, hist theory is just ::

I concur Twisted Evil
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never understood why people feel confident that fouling a staller will make them score. I'd just foul back. Just like my old stalling motto (now retired).. "Never put yourself into a position so that your opponent can force you to score by fouling." Just knock someone else down and feed them the boots right back. Or, just don't foul back and let them get kicked out next turn if they do it again.

I don't stall much anymore, but back in the day I was quite good at it. Surprised

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

First, I think the one surrendering was silly and premature as it wasnt even a stall just yet.

Second, Sweden-Denmark was a quite normal game, the only abnormal thing was that due to the standing in the group so was both happy with 2-2 and had no reason to risk playing agressive in the last minutes. Its quite common that soccer teams play defensive when they got a result they are happy with. Infact Italy did the same against Sweden when they was ahead 1-0. It let Sweden play against one-goal basicly and substitute in extra forwards to play a hockey like power play. If anything, that defensive play by Italy is what cost them later.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I simply do not know what to think about stalling. I don't do it myself but I'm fine if an othor do it.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Its especially funny when your opponant isnt very good at stalling and you show them the way. I won two games in the same day where my opponent had tried to stall for an entire half only to have me stop him and repeat the same tactic sucessfully in the next half.

If people would just tell me they dont like stalling in game rather than just dropping out in a huff I might end it...

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Note: I posted the same thing on the other thread. Yep, my ego is big. Rolling Eyes

Now...
Delaying TDs (also called Stalling), is a perfectably acceptable tactic, and sometimes the only way to win (say, when you are facing a running team -elf os skaven- featuring a oneturner).

With my chaos I DO stall, I DO cage and I DO oppose my best to my opponent.

Stalling can be forced into scoring, cages can be broken and I can be defeated. It's just up to you... Don't you really expect me to let your elves score against my slow team and complain about losing 4-0 everytime, I hope...

Stalling is a valid tactic, it needs some degree of skill to be successfully achieved, anc can be messed up by a skilled opponent.

So what? If you can't stall cause your AV7 lizards fall like flies, or if you can't stall because you can't do it safely, or if you don't want to stall because you believe you can win without it, that's your problem. Don't blame those who stall with success when they need to.

Of course, stalling for fun when you really don't need to is sad (I use it as a last resort)... But then again, anyone takes care of his personal coscience problems, right?

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Kenty wrote:
I also enjoyed the end of the Denmark/Sweden game... bye bye Italy.

Yeah, bye-bye Italy.
Hello Beckham.

Anyone seen a ball drop from the sky? If so please mail to 23 Via Pendejos, Madrid, care of one Mr. D. Beckham.

Oh, and is opposition waiting their Gutter Runner on the Touchline when you have Undead with MV4/5 in the middle of the park tied up with Minotaurs and the like, stalling? I just need some clarification...
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just amazed when people conceed a game because of stalling. If someone was pissing me off the very last thing I'd do is give their team free gold. (Not that stalling pisses me off). I guess it's not that simple, maybe the rationale is to quit what they see as a boring game but the side effects are so rewarding for the staller when you conceed.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

phillier wrote:
My opponent concedes because he doesnt play with stallers.

So...the lesson here is not only is stalling a good tactic to help win games, but occasionally it will net you a win, extra winnings, and an extra MVP too! Huzzah! Very Happy
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL @ CorporateSlave3

Very Happy