35 coaches online • Server time: 09:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I sent you a PM, but anyway the fact that leavers are not punished and concessions not awarded is something that must be known by the whole community.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

@Everyone - If someone drops in a game against you we will not do everything in our power to deliver the coach to justice!!

We will, however, do our best to keep the site moving along for everyone and try to be as fair as possible. If that doesn't suit your level of rules/entitlement/etc. then I'm not sorry.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I asked not to cancel the game, the site would have not stopped if the game were to be completed, in the hope that one day I would have got the concession, as per rules.
I know that a game was completed after 1 year and there are many games not completed, but after some days my game is cancelled.
Without tools to enforce rules writing to leavers in PM that they are under obligation to finish the game is useless.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

We get it Matt, you don't agree. I made the call so disagree with me not the site. You can even complain if you want. I really don't have the time or the inclination to lose my crap over something so trivial in the grand scheme of things. You know I have nothing against you but this is becoming really tiresome as I try to get through a backlog of tickets over the holiday preiod.

I can't though as I am having this argument with you so others still have their teams locked and will do further as I am running out of my 'FREE' time trying to sort this out.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

We both know we have nothing personal against each other and you know I consider you a good and nice person, but this incident is surely a good reason to stop playing here.
I hate when leavers infringe the rules and are not punished.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Matt, all the best.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
We get it Matt, you don't agree. I made the call so disagree with me not the site.

Though, if you don't have the option to award the concession then that is a site issue.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I suppose you are right in that sense Koadah but I made the call on cancelling it. It isn't high on Christer's to do list as he is pretty busy doing other stuff as I am sure you are aware. Things that will benefit the site a lot more than just appeasing a few coaches because they want some CR points perhaps, or feel that there is a huge injustice in a game where pixels run around throwing blocks and kicking a ball about. But that's just my opinion, others may vary.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Just one thing: it's not really a matter of getting the win and few CR points, but what pissed me off more was not punishing the leaver, especially because he even ignored me and the security staff in the PM.
I can understand genuine disconnections, but I can't stand people leaving from games, then returning to site from time to time (I guess to check whether the game was cancelled), and not even replying to admins and not providing any form of communication in an era where you can connect to internet easily with a phone.
The game could have not been cancelled, with the hope of finishing it or getting the concession in the future.
If tickets spam and create problems then I would have not sent the ticket, so Throweck would have not needed to cancel the game in order to remove the ticket and free some space, but I sent the ticket because I followed the site rules procedure.
Anyway, it's not a matter of getting the win, it's more a matter of principle and trust in rules being enforced.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
Yes I suppose you are right in that sense Koadah but I made the call on cancelling it. It isn't high on Christer's to do list as he is pretty busy doing other stuff as I am sure you are aware. Things that will benefit the site a lot more than just appeasing a few coaches because they want some CR points perhaps, or feel that there is a huge injustice in a game where pixels run around throwing blocks and kicking a ball about. But that's just my opinion, others may vary.

Well, I'm probably one of those that gain the most from the recent set of updates. Mr. Green

But, I think it is a fair point that unpunished concessions and disconnections are a big factor in putting some coaches off playing Cyanide. Though I suppose it is a plus for others.

Heh, heh. With the new changes, commishes can add most of the concession benefits themselves. \o/

But I guess that in [L]eague people are less likely to pull the plug anyway. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that it's a pain. It's a shame Matt is not going to play here anymore. Perhaps I'll see him on BB2.

I think I have said this before...

People don't think the admins have dealt with stuff sometimes. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I would not sanction the other coach in front of you Matt as that is between myself and the other coach. There is a lot people do not see but for some reason think they know. I can't imagine how that multiplies for Christer's role.

I apologised in the original pm to you. I'm not really sure what else I could have done. Good luck in your BB adventures elsewhere though buddy.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't it already stated that admins losing concession power is a bug in the current client?

Didn't Christer just state he's looking for someone to help him prioritize fixing bugs?

Sounds like we should put this on near the top of the list, yes?

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 21:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
We both know we have nothing personal against each other and you know I consider you a good and nice person, but this incident is surely a good reason to stop playing here.
I hate when leavers infringe the rules and are not punished.

This does not explicitly say Matt is leaving. And I hope he's not. I've enjoyed my games with Matt - even if he does sometimes have an overdeveloped sense of the right way vs the other ways Wink
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I also hope he isn't leaving!!

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:
Reading this, basically I'm seeing our core problem, and it seems to be pretty intractable.

Christer is one guy, and he's got a job doing something else. He loves getting qualified help, and it's available, but he doesn't want help that makes him become a project manager, and that's what it's gonna take to make a major upgrade. But the world moves faster than that.

I'm not sure we can change this dynamic, and I'm not qualified to propose process solutions that would improve on the current state of affairs. But this is the elephant in the room.

Exactly. But we aren't allowed to discuss that because "It's a free site" and I'm being entitled/whining if I present any criticism.

To address JR's point: I think the only answer when there is not enough 'manpower' available to make all of the changes and improvements that we would like is to prioritise. Perhaps we could consider making a page similar to the bug tracker, but for site improvement suggestions (so they could be collected in one place and voted on)? Also, is that bug tracker intended to be used for site bugs, as well as client bugs? If so, where is that concession-forcing bug? I want to up-vote it! Wink

I think Desultory's point is a fair one as well. I know the site 'isn't a democracy' and many users aren't paying their way. But, even so, users will vote with their feet, and if we are interested in growing the userbase, then I think the community needs to be more receptive to criticism. If we want people to stay and recommend the site to their friends, then we need to take their criticisms and concerns seriously, not label them as 'whiners' or 'entitled'. It's not going to help.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
 Jump to: