24 coaches online • Server time: 04:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Can you read?

Not minds. People tend to make fatalistic lies in threads like this. So I asked for an answer to a specific question that is not answered above so much as fatalistically spewed forth.

No you basically projected your own wishes onto a thread which had absolutely nothing to do with them, which your folliwing post makes clear. (Also you do a lot of projecting.

Catalyst32 wrote:
Ranked and Box should be MERGED entirely. All this PURITY BS is exactly that.

And here again... to change how Box kinda sucks we see Ranked lose exclusive access to what has always been cool about Ranked... the Ranked Tournaments. 1st it was the FUMBBL CUP and all the XFL's. Now it's ALL the Majors.

And what does Ranked get? A cool scheduler to use every now and then. NOPE.
Just the Uber Killer teams that can only be built in the BOX waiting in every single tournament... bringing the cancer that keeps the Box down into the best part of Ranked. This lack of diversity EXISTS here because only the kiddos with no job and the adults with very specific jobs can play there. And the kiddos love to powergame... I imagine the adults like beating the kiddos with experience playing Elves or whatever teams they use.

Some of us don't have the time to play in BOTH divisions. And some of us don't live in Europe where a healthy Box Environment is even possible. You Euro coaches really don't get it.

We are really stuck in Ranked if we want to have a team built via enough GAMES to be large enough to play in a MAJOR. Sure some of the kiddos have enough time to min-max and play 1000 games until their team is JUST RIGHT. But most of us just barely have enough time to get ANY kind of team over TV1800 where they might be competitive in a Major.

IF we get off work early enough OR work at nights with our days free... THEN we can get enough GAMES played in Box. But if we, like most people around the world, WORK during the day and have free time in the evenings the BOX is virtually non-existent.
I cannot build a team for a Major in BOX because there are not enough GAMES... so I play Ranked (when I can) and so my FAVORITE TEAMS and my BEST TEAMS can only emerge from there. (Actually my best come from LEAGUE but I cant use them and that's OK).

So we get MORE Uber Killer Bash in the Tournaments... and more of the worst kind of Euro coaches in the Tournaments. The guys that CANNOT be bothered to play their games at anytime other than 8pm in their village. I bet 1/4 of my Tournament games the last 4 years are against THAT GUY. So I advance or get booted from the Tournament by NOT PLAYING games. And now MORE OF THAT comes to infiltrate Ranked... and I still can't use the scheduler because of BS PURITY.

Merge the Ranked and Box divisions entirely already. Box already owns all the cool parts of Ranked.

C A P S L O C K

Box purity is nonsense? It is and it isn't, I'm not going to bother discussing it with someone who's utterly one-eyed, biased and has spent an entire post throwing unprovoked ad hominems at an entire division.

But your post is pure "me first" trash. Uber killer teams are built in R all the time - you might want to take off your rose-tinted spectacles and go check out some of the nurgle teams, chaos teams, and chorf teams that regularly get built in ranked playing softer opponents than they'd get in box. They exist - and you see them show up in majors too.

As for a lack of diversity due to outside influence? Jesus man, you're really reaching. Why are you so keen to call everyone that isn't you a child or cancer or so on? You think that's good for the community? The "fix" for NA box is to widen the pool - so either there are more new coaches who join to play it, or you yourself could take initiative with a few others and play in it every so often too.

There's plenty of teams in box that are not minmaxed, are high tv and show up in majors. There's plenty of adults who've made exactly those teams while playing 1-2 games a week.

Your entire post is an argument for never merging box and ranked, because quite frankly I hope you stay in R forever where your attitude is easily avoided.

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on %b %12, %2018 - %07:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, this tribalism is so beneath you guys.
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to the staff that continuously comes up with new ideas! And thanks Christer for explaining!
And for all complaining folks: give it a year and enjoy during the time. Evaluate after.

*me puts a superlock on the thread that only amazon-coaches can open when they next win a bloody major*
;-D
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 10:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Your Orcs will be fine, Joost. Wink

On a different note, what are the Brawls going to look like? Will they just start whenever 8 teams are in? Because that will change the dynamic won't it? No TV grouping at all, so whatever you bring you have to expect being paried against >2000 teams. If going on a "start when enough teams are there" basis, actually the Smack format with the TV brackets might be better suited?

I've always liked Smacks, but I don't think participation was high enough for the format to continue as it was (just me guessing).

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah not on a weekly schedule, but if it's being switched to the RRR principle, as I've interpreted BattleLore's post, then it might be viable again? Maybe if the brackets are reduced again, 1400, 1800 and open end or something like that? I would guess that would be preferrable of just starting a Brawl whenever you've got 8 teams, because then you'd really have to enter high TV teams...
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just checked the mixed Majors we've had on the site, meaning the last two XFL Masters and the last seven Fumbbl Cups. In the final four there were 22 Ranked teams and 14 Box teams. So Box still has a shot in mixed Majors. None of the 14 Box teams were agility teams though except one Skaven.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
None of the 14 Box teams were agility teams though except one Skaven.

Replacing Spiralling Expenses with Expensive Mistakes has turned building a high TV agility team from impossible to easy enough; that needs to be taken into account. High TV agi teams from box will turn up in the future.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
Verminardo wrote:
None of the 14 Box teams were agility teams though except one Skaven.

Replacing Spiralling Expenses with Expensive Mistakes has turned building a high TV agility team from impossible to easy enough; that needs to be taken into account. High TV agi teams from box will turn up in the future.

If my Box Whalelfs weren't tied up in a Brawl, they'd be in the WO. Going forward they'll probably be THE team.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Can you read?

Not minds. People tend to make fatalistic lies in threads like this. So I asked for an answer to a specific question that is not answered above so much as fatalistically spewed forth.

No you basically projected your own wishes onto a thread which had absolutely nothing to do with them, which your folliwing post makes clear. (Also you do a lot of projecting.

NO. Merging of the 2 was mentioned by people who RUN THIS SITE. So I asked. And you shat yourself over me for daring to ask. And you could have kept that too yourself instead of being a DUCK.

I ASKED A QUESTION and you decided you would piss on me for it. So go QUACK yourself you funk of a hipsters shoes.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="ArrestedDevelopment"]
Catalyst32 wrote:
Can you read?

C A P S L O C K

The "fix" for NA box is to widen the pool - so either there are more new coaches who join to play it, or you yourself could take initiative with a few others and play in it every so often too.

There's plenty of teams in box that are not minmaxed, are high tv and show up in majors. There's plenty of adults who've made exactly those teams while playing 1-2 games a week.

Your entire post is an argument for never merging box and ranked, because quite frankly I hope you stay in R forever where your attitude is easily avoided.

1st off I will type the way I LIKE and you can just skip reading it since you are obviously too autistic to handle seeing things that don't fit YOUR little world.

2nd I had a grievance and I aired it. And I am not alone in those grievances.
I aired them inartfully... probably because a certain DUCKHEAD is jumping my case in this thread. DO YOU THINK THAT "helps the community"?

3rd WRONG. What fixes the BOX in NA is the COMBINE the community into 1 Division. Rather than DIVIDING it in 2 Divisions.
Hmmmm... Divide... Dividing... DIvisions... WHY DO THOSE WORDS LOOK FAMILIAR? Why are they similar to each other? Hmmmm

4th You prove my point being that guys like YOU just DON"T GET IT.
I cannot join a pool in Box to play in and lead an initiative. A POOL would require other PLAYERS. There have to be other people to join in with. I'm not going to spend my entire hour or 2 of free time WAITING AROUND to NOT PLAY.

How about YOU stay up really late looking to play games when it is convenient for ME. And see how long you last sitting there NOT PLAYING before you get a clue.

5th Jump off of my HooHa and go back to fondling your own.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Dhaktokh wrote:
Thanks to the staff that continuously comes up with new ideas! And thanks Christer for explaining!
And for all complaining folks: give it a year and enjoy during the time. Evaluate after.

*me puts a superlock on the thread that only amazon-coaches can open when they next win a bloody major*
;-D

I've already seen these changes when they took the XFL away from Ranked and gave it to Box and Ranked got a used up lump of coal... oh wait... Ranked got nothing.
It's just more of the same. Ranked loses. Box wins.
I don't need to give it a year to know the results will be the same or worse.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Dhaktokh wrote:

;-D

I've already seen these changes when they took the XFL away from Ranked and gave it to Box and Ranked got a used up lump of coal... oh wait... Ranked got nothing.
It's just more of the same. Ranked loses. Box wins.
I don't need to give it a year to know the results will be the same or worse.

Cmon buddy - you have evidence right in front of you that several Box coaches consider this a loss.

Also, do you really need to be placated like this? Did you have too many siblings and were the youngest of the bunch? Wink This isn't zero sum like you imagine - having your goofy Box cousins play in XFL didnt take anything away from anybody.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

What did you lose? Seriously?

You had, what? 3 Box Majors AND the FUMBBL Cup and the XFLs and the Scheduler.
Was it 3 or 4 BOX ONLY Majors? It really doesn't matter.

What did you lose? 3 Majors JUST FOR YOU
What did we lose? 4 Majors JUST FOR US

What did you gain? 4 Majors to play in... 1 more than before
What did we gain? NOTHING

Seriously?
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say for bash teams it is easier to build in box as you can take whatever skills you want and no-one can dodge you. Just my two cents. Oh and I think reducing the number of majors is a good thing - will raise their status and importance as people suggested. The pool was getting a bit diluted.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

3rd WRONG. What fixes the BOX in NA is the COMBINE the community into 1 Division. Rather than DIVIDING it in 2 Divisions.

You got it almost right. What fixes the BOX in NA is the COMBINE the community into 1 Division, the Black Box.
Ranked should be deleted and NA coaches would have to play in Box if they wanted to earn their CR and farm their teams for the Majors. That would suddenly increase the Box pool even during NA timezone. Rocket science, eh?
But there is no interest in doing this, so we are stuck with two Divisions and small pool in NA.
Catalyst32 wrote:
I'm not going to spend my entire hour or 2 of free time WAITING AROUND to NOT PLAY.

That happened to me when I played in Ranked.
Either I had to wait for hours or accept an unfair match offer. When I wanted to play my starting Dwarf, Orc, Chaos Dwarf teams I couldn't because only my Elves got match offers.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %12, %2018 - %19:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
 Jump to: