37 coaches online • Server time: 10:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Legend's League is making it's long awaited return, and with the return come some changes.

Have you ever wanted to take on the challenge of playing in a super high TV league where teams start developed, and only get better from there? If so, than this is the League for you.

Welcome to Season 2 of The Legend's League.

League Rules

*Join us on Discord

*Money will never be an issue, each team starts with an obscene amount of cash. This cash will be for replacing players on the roster. That said, Spiraling Expenses are in play, but won't hit a team until they reach 4750TV (AKA not likely to happen)

*Inducements:
due to the previous rule, coaches are not allowed to transfer money into petty cash before a match. Rather, each team will be given 50,000 to spend on cards each match. Yes, that's a free Magic Item or Dirty Trick for every team in every game.

*Roster size:
Seriously guys, this is NOT the league to min-max in. It's just not happening. Absolute minimum players on a roster is 14 (set by ruleset), this allows up to 2 slots for Star Players in the event of huge TV differences, though I have a feeling most coaches would prefer a full 16 man roster of skilled players.

*Spiked Ball will be used in all matches. Our players are the best of the best, so the added threat of Ball! makes for a more exciting game.

*Right Stuff negates Tackle on blocks, even our stunties are the Best of the Best

*Sneaky Git will act as guard on foul assists.

*Piling On exists
Piling On does not require a RR
Piling On can be used any time
Deal With It

*Skill Progression:
Star - 0 SPP (teams will get a click-through match to get players skilled. Essentially, a player gains 4 skill rolls after their first game)
Super Star - 6 SPP
Legend - 16 SPP
Legend+ - 51 SPP
Legend++ - 76 SPP
Chosen - 176 SPP

*Retiring of Healthy players is not allowed. Heck, these players are Stars, they deserve a death on the pitch. Exceptions will be made for stat losses on a case by case basis. If you have a player you want considered for retirement, then consult with the league commissioner (me) for a decision.

*All races are allowed. Everything, from CRP to Secret and Stuntee Leeg. Custom Rosters to be considered on a case by case basis

*Due to the Previous, there will be a limit of one roster per race. There are over 100 team options to choose from, and Custom races (needs good fluff, and some level of balance) will be considered. This is a hard limit, no exceptions. Returning coaches have priority when it comes to selecting races, followed by new coaches.

*All decisions made by League Commissioner are final. Near the end of each season, I'll put a rules discussion to all coaches in the league, where comments and concerns regarding rules within the league can be addressed.

*Have fun:
Seriously, I shouldn't have to make this a rule, but I've seen such a wide variety of personalities, my own included, where this needs it's own section. Remember, winning isn't everything. We all have bad dice, we all get beat.

*Concessions:
Concessions are, simply put, not allowed. Consider this your only warning on the subject. If you concede a league match, then the commissioner will assume that you are dropping from the league and act accordingly.

*Scheduling and Forfeits:
Coaches are responsible for all scheduling with an opponent. Rounds will be one week long, you have 7 days to get a match played. Extensions of up to 24 hours will be allowed if the League Commissioner is made aware of timing issues. Each week advances at 0000 Server time on Sundays.

Positions Available, Inquire Below

Splash Page Maintenance:
I suck with bb code. If you have talent, and want to design and maintain the splash page, to make the league stand out, then feel free to let me know. I'd love to give the league a proper front page to help draw in attention.

Co-Commissioner:
Running a league is a lot of hard work. I'm looking for one or two individuals who are willing to help in that respect. Duties will include recruiting, mediating rule disputes, and filling in for the League Commissioner in the event I am not around to do so.

Artist:
Custom Rosters are a thing that I highly encourage the use of. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue how to kit out or design sprites. So if you have such a talent and want to help out on things such as custom team designs, then speak up and offer.

Ideally, Season 2 should begin no later than April 1st.
The goal is to have at least 10 teams ready and willing to go. Ideally, I want 20.

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on Feb 01, 2018 - 18:23; edited 1 time in total
gpope

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This looks absolutely nuts and I'd love to be a part of it!

As far as art goes, I've been trying to get into sprite work for custom rosters myself. I have my own projects I'm working on but I'd be happy to chip in, I could use the practice.
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to join!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently up to 8 coaches, looking for at least 4 more interested in super highTV play
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2018 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks. Is there an open version of Legend League?

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2018 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You're more than welcome to make a team in the ruleset and try to arrange a match on our Discord channel, but haven't seen too many coaches that interested in open play of yet.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2018 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
koadah wrote:
You're more than welcome to make a team in the ruleset and try to arrange a match on our Discord channel, but haven't seen too many coaches that interested in open play of yet.

I might just do that. It sounds kinda crazy Mr. Green

Do many people have old league teams kicking around?

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Where and how does one apply?
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Kaze wrote:
Where and how does one apply?

I suppose I could create yet another group.

You can chat here

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I just signed up and I need to know about PO. Is it available for full use without a reroll?

I need to know before I start assigning skills.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2018 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I just signed up and I need to know about PO. Is it available for full use without a reroll?

I need to know before I start assigning skills.

I should have thought to check that before assigning skills. Smile

It looks like full use but I'd wait for Antithesisoftime to answer to be sure.

Jump to: