41 coaches online • Server time: 08:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dscore20

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that BB2 legendary edition has mixed races of teams, does anyone think they can have that in fumbbl?
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

BB2 is completely independent on Fumbbl and as far as I can tell will have no impact here. However, in league play you could certainly have something like mixed race teams.

Oh, pact and underworld are certainly mixed races.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You can do what you like in L, and fumbbl had custom rosters long before now. It is just a matter of setting up the ruleset.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't there a CRP Ultra custom league which allowed coaches to select players from every roster? I'm not sure if anyone is still actively playing such teams, but it was out there.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive got a couple CRP Ultra teams. could never find any one to play against
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Jim_Fear wrote:
Wasn't there a CRP Ultra custom league which allowed coaches to select players from every roster? I'm not sure if anyone is still actively playing such teams, but it was out there.
There still is, but no one plays it
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed CRP Ultra.

I'll setup a new league if enough of you want to play it.

They mostly looked like mirror matches, which I think ran people off. They chose the "optimal" builds and everyone copied. A few of us tried themes, but that's a different story.

Let me know and we can do some silly custom league.
sonrises

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If you look to set up a CRP Ultra league, ruleset number is: 315
and page below
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10329&op=view

CRP Ultra was an experiment to see where an open roster/huge pool of players would break. Below, some of the lessons learned if you planning to use this ruleset:

1. Limit big guys. If you let coaches to choose freely, someone will come up with a roster like 4 x Tomb Guardians + 2 x Flesh golems + extra Saurus + Wardancers and build a wall of meat from one side of the field to the other. Fun spoiled.
2. Limit players with access to other powerful tools...AG, Killer skills ...

So, give it some thought would be our advise. Just don't open the doors. With the right ruling, you can have lots of fun.

If anyone interested, from what we learned in CRP Ultra, we started a very successful league with long term and passionate coaches. We are already in season 6 and 1 year running very healthy. Soon, we will start season 7...good chance to join us Wink
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10527&op=view

Moreover, we are developing a new league, even closer to CRP Ultra spirit. We are pouring into this new project all the learnings from CRP Ultra and OBBL in managing open rosters. It will take time though...it is a massive project involving over 350 players pool...so it wont be available in a few months i guess. So, joining us in OBBL will for sure satisfy your need for experimenting with open rosters in a balanced ruleset...and at the same time you'd be very close to other open rosters league projects developments lol

In any case...Have fun!!
 Jump to: