30 coaches online • Server time: 11:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
milnestar

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2004 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent tourney BB_Pad. I am enjoying it a lot. Mainly because it has been one of my most succesful. But you are a great organiser and I like the way you have structured and run this event. I would recommend anyone to join future tourney's you host ( after I win this one that is )
I'm in the playoff's, I'm in the play off's

I hope - better just check the table.......................

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2004 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep - I'm in the play off's bring it on.

I'M GONNA GET YOU

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not in....This year. Now that I improved TR, and If Russen does not belong to my group (ouchi mama) I maybe will be able to loose my underdog status and start to compete a bit.
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2004 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 5 Summary

The group season is over and the Play-offs are about to begin!

Div A

Cyric612's Black Plague Reloaded booked their ticket to the Play-offs with a fantastic 3-0 win over Nukeall's hopefuls, Astronautes. Struggling with a crippling injury list, Astronautes decided against recruiting for the long term and went for broke by enlisting the help of star Ogre blitzer, Morg N'Thorg and star Human blocker, the Mighty Zug. Alas, their gamble failed as both Zug and experienced Ogre, Buzz Aldrin were knocked unconscious early on by the unusually ferocious skaven, leaving only Morg to defend the dilapidated Astronautes team. Black Plague took full advantage, but rather than running in a quick touchdown, they set about pounding the remainder of the human team, much to the surprise of Astronautes coach. With the humans firmly downtrodden and overrun, Black Plague scored their first on the stroke of half time. Preparing to receive at the start of the 2nd half, the skaven were further buoyed by the news that Astronautes medics were still unable to rouse Buzz Aldrin from his impact-induced slumber. However, Nukeall rallied his team, identified debutant rat ogre Ghost-Maker as the major threat in the Black Plague team and set about to taking him out of the game. But despite trying every available tactic, Ghost-Maker pulled through much to the adulation of the skaven fans and even managed to seriously injure Neil Armstrong with just a wild animal roar, as the human catcher tried to flee but only managed to slip and land with a agonising crunch on his back. Things didn't go all Reloaded's way as Astronautes managed to regain the ball and almost scored through Morg N'Thorg powerhousing his way through, but even he couldn't resist the scurrying mass of skaven pulling him down. Black Plague gutter runner and UMT top scorer, F toun picked up his 2nd touchdown of the game to put the game beyond reach of Nukeall's team before attack partner, gutter runner Xah scored just before the final whistle to send them into the play-offs in fine style. So the end of the tournament for Astronautes, but after this season's performances they are certain to be challenging again for the play-offs come the new season.

In Div A's other game, AloneAndBurned's Shiv Sena Party came through unscathed in their final game against Diamond5119's Nuit de L'Epouvante with a 2-1. Nuffle certainly hasn't been with Diamond5119 this season as their injuries and fatalities continue to mount for the Rotters team. Veteran Beastman, Batard le Rejete II, must've thought things had changed for them as he had a blinding game scoring Nuit's 3rd touchdown of the tournament and looked to have a very promising career ahead of him before his overconfidence took him into a fateful encounter with Norse blitzer, Shri Raj Thackeray. Nonetheless, the commentators posthumously awarded Batard the Man-of-the-Match award for his bravery which may have appeased his family but certainly not Diamond5119 who felt he living players were far more deserving. For Shiv Sena Party thrower, Shri Divakar Ravate took his tournament completions up to 11 with two more good passes and now looks untouchable for the Top Passer award. The Norse touchdowns came from catcher Shri Anant Geete, his 4th of the tournament, and blitzer Shri Subodh Mohite, who capped of a fine performance with a completion and a casualty that left another Nurgle player missing a game to recuperate.

Div C

The fears of DödaKungsholmen fans were realised when for the 2nd successive time their team missed an important match that could've seen them through to the play-offs. The forfeit sees A.S Roma Trues Elves through much to the delight of their fans and coach Gary_Gygax. Fellwesterion, the DödaKungsholmen coach, has disappeared so mysteriously after leading his team to the brink of success, that it has been rumoured that UMT officials are investigating a possible link between Gary_Gygax and Elite Mortality, an agency of lethal female assassins disguised as fashion models.

In the only Div C game played this round, SerXes' Evil Intentions continued the misery for MCSEMan23's Rack Destruction with a 3-0 thrashing that saw the undead team crowned as Champions of Div C with a 4 point lead over their nearest rivals. This takes Rack Destruction's losing run to 4 games and they will certainly be looking to reassess their team and tactics. The Intention's win came through two touchdowns from pacy Ghoul, Evil Gurra and one from rookie Ghoul, Evil Gargamel. MCSEMan23's chaos team did manage some destruction as zombie, Evil Limp left the field in a bodybag following a terrific block from experienced Beastman, Horrorwarp, and Intentions' top Zombie, Evil Lefty was left nursing a dislocated jaw that will see him miss the first round of the play-offs. Nevertheless, SerXes' undead team will definitely be one to beat in the knock-out stages and their fans are already demanding nothing less than some silverware for the team's trophy cabinet.

Finally, BB_Pad's Tuck Shoppe Raiders were due to take on ChrisB's Welsh Dragon (and Werewolves) in a battle to avoid the dreaded Wooden Spoon, but the deadline passed with both sides driving around in their team buses looking for a stadium to play in. The Raiders were left disappointed after hoping to continue their good form with another win but managed to regain their high spirits with a huge feast to celebrate their survival to the end of the tournament!

Div D

After leading the way for so long in Div D, Milnestar's Femoral F.C were in danger of missing out on the knockout stages following their defeat in Round 4 and with Dementor's Zooropa hot on their tails. Fortunately despite losing in the last round against chaos dwarf opponents, they came through their game unscathed and were able to field a full team against Dementor's challengers. Both sets of fans in the stadium of 81,000 were confident of their team progressing, although with Zooropa's good recent form, Khemri fans should be forgiven for expecting their team to stroll into the play-offs. Both teams fought hard, with Femoral taking the lead through human catcher, Popliteus from a pass by agile Elf thrower Digitorum Longus, but Zooropa were able to respond through Thro-Ra Tragelaphus, scoring his 3rd of the tournament. With the score at 1-1, Femoral were the happier as they would progress unless beaten but their patient play paid dividends and with Zooropa stretching to get that winning touchdown, it was Digitorum Longus, the elf thrower involved again, who used his remarkable agility to nip in and grab the ball before running beyond reach to score. A bitter end for Dementor and his khemri team, but they can take some consolation that their good performances this season should bode well for next season's tournament.

Well it seems that Necromancer Gitzbang's powers of animation have failed him as his team, Set The World on Fire fail to show for their final league game against LurkingGrue's Zharr-Naggrund Zealots who romp away with the Div D title by default.

In the 2nd game in Div D, sk8bcn's growing Axes of Terror took on a powerful Russen side lead by Hindsberg and the Chaos Dwarves were given a harsh lesson through some brutal play by the Chaos team. The game saw 8 casualties but unfortunately for Axes coach sk8bcn his side suffered 7 to put the brakes on their team building for next season. Russen fans will certainly be expecting more from their team after they showed what they are capable of! Top performers for the chaos team were their two emerging stars, super-strong minotaur Smellnov and beastman Rumbekov both picking up 3 casualties apiece as they sailed through this game trying to outdo each other. Their fine work saw the Terrors' chaos dwarf blocker, Hapshur and hobgoblin, Geliman taken home in a hearse. But while that was going on, cheeky hobgoblin Bobblin, who was supposed to be resting after suffering a nasty injury in the previous game, was up in the stadium office emptying the safe of the gate receipts! The Terrors managed leave the stadium with a nice 80 grand that will go some way to replacing their team losses, while Hindberg's team were left with a measly 20K and only managed to get that after the stadium manager emptied his personal bank account while Russen minotaur Smellnov ate his way through 4 of the manager's 5 wives. Drenched with perspiration and quaking in fear, the stadium manager was reported to have asked Smellnov to finish the job as without any money his surviving wife would make his life not worth living!

So the following teams go into the draw for the playoffs:
From Div A: Shiv Sena Party (AloneAndBurned) and Black Plague Reload (Cyric612)
From Div B: Dominus (Britnoth) and Undefeated (Afro)
From Div C: Evil Intentions (SerXes) and A.S Roma Trues Elves (Gary_Gygax)
From Div D: Zharr-Naggrund Zealots (LurkingGrue) and Femoral F.C. (Milnestar)
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2004 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The next season of the UMT will start once the 1st round of the play-offs has finished.

This should allow anyone currently in the play-offs to join the UMT for another season if they take a bashing in the first knockout game. After the 1st round, those teams should be too strong to play in the UMT and will be invited to play in the Super UMT.

If you're not in the play-offs then you're free to get some games outside the group to build up your team. Remember you must not exceed TR160 when the tournament starts though!

It looks like we'll need about 12-13 new teams for the UMT and I will be recruiting in the news shortly. However, if you are going to play in the Super UMT, then you're welcome to have a 2nd team in the UMT. Also if you know any reliable coaches that might be interested in this tournament, get them to apply - we need all the good coaches we can get!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget to kick some teams out Wink
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, Milnestar and I should be getting our game in some time this week, all right? Sorry about the delay...

Z
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2004 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Recruitment for season 2 is pretty much complete and it's looking like it's going to be a tough tournament with lots of strong teams and good coaches in there.

I'll be setting up the round robin divisions on Monday (27 Sep), so you've still got a few days left to play some games (inside or outside the group) to build up your team. Just remember not to exceed TR160.

Pad
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The Shiv Sena Party had a hard line up... first they had to fight Coach Milnestar's Femoral F.C... and after pulling through with a 2-0 victory, they lined up against their dreaded opponents, the Dominus of Britnoth. Now, after the game with the Old World team, the Shiv Sena Party ditched a player who would not have been available the next game, and sacrificed him to the chaos gods, who replied in the form of a reroll. However, the Chaos Gods were not with the Norsemen, as the Dominus's Amazon's butchered them, killing 2 players, and hammering another to the point where he had to be sent home for the week. But through perseverence, the Shiv Sena Party scraped by with a very hard earned 2-0 victory.

Now, with only 9 guaranteed players, 1 definitely out of action, and 2 who might fake injuries to skip playing against their opponents, a depleted Shiv Sena Party awaits news of their next opponent... either the Undead powerhouse known as Evil Intentions, coached by Serxes, or the Zharr-Naggrund Zealots, evil Chaos Dwarves led by an age old opponent, LurkingGrue.

Things are not looking well for the Shiv Sena Party... and they have to decide whether to hire a blitzer for one game, or buy a lineman and pray for protection from the harsh beatings they are sure to receive. Either way, the final is going to be a tough one for the Shiv Sena Party.

Z
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2004 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Pointy Eared MoFos 1 vs Kermit's Killers 1</b>

Well these stupid elves started the UMT season by watching the Killer Skinks fumble the ball, once, twice, 3 times. PEMF led 1-0 at half and almost made it 2-0.

Second half and the elves retards remembered who they were, missing dodges, fumbling passes, etc. Soon the 1-0 lead was gone. Soon we were in danger of losing 2-1.

We capped off the 2nd half perfomance with a wonderfull double skull on the only skink that could score. Fortunately Kermit freaked when Miss Piggy went to the SI box and instead of handing off to the skink for the win, they tried a short pass.

hehe skinks dont pass.

Well - we lost a Mv9 leaper when I forgot to use my apoth so we have 10 for next game. Whoopee

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Remove Iksars Revenge from the tourney. they are retired
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Quitting after 1 game. That is so farking lame.

Remind me not to invite you into any of my leagues.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Not even a full game! Another coach to add to my growing list of timewasters.

I guess I should vet the applicants more carefully. Mully, you're an experienced commish - any suggestions as to how to go about this?

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey can't we put together a list of "do not invite teams". I've also have such one. At least he said it. Not everybody do so much
Dementor

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dynamo Lund 1 vs 2 Zooropa

Zooropa starts into the new season with a victory.

Dynamo Lund offense tried to run around the slow moving but hard hitting Khemri mummies and to minimize their opponent's scoring chances by delaying their touchdown. But a quick response by Pongo who scored his 6th touchdown equalled the score.

In second half the Khemri played to their strengths: blocking the opponent into the ground and off the pitch while slowly stomping towards the endzone until finally Thro-Ra Tragelaphus scored the winning touchdown.

On their way each mummy injured an opponent resulting in two niggling injuries and a death. But Dynamo Lund caused four casualties, too, but none resulting in a permanent injury due to regeneration.

Taurus received the MVP award and earned himself the Guard skill. Pongo finally learned how to Block. Mummy Ursus (14 casualties!) and Thro-Ras Phascolarctos and Tragelaphus will reach Emerging Star level soon.

Zooropa's next opponent is the human team Astronautes who defeated Total Viking Power! 2-1. They are a threat on offense with their skilled throwers and cold blooded catchers but suffered a RIP last game. So they will have to spend their 80K gold on a new player to be able to start the game with full squad of 11. But Zooropa's mummies will make sure the pitch is rather empty by the end of the game! Very Happy
 Jump to: