23 coaches online • Server time: 04:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Flesh golems in starting roster or not?
List 1
73%
 73%  [ 54 ]
List 2
26%
 26%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 73

Milman

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2019 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Want to know what you guys think about the flesh golems for a starting roster in a necro team? I never played or faced them and i see there are 2 camps on this.
Some say they are just better zombies and not taking them deneys you the chance of taking the more speedy dudes. And thats what this team go’s for compairing them to a chambling undead team.
So what list would you take and why do you like or dislike flesh golems?
(Gonna be for a tabletop league)

List 1) 2FG,2W,1WW,1G,5zombies and 3rr’s
List 2) 2W,2WW,2G,5zombkes and 3rr’s
Irgy

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

They skill slowly so take them early. And they're worth skilling, once they get some skills they're awesome, and doubles and stats sit really well on them (well maybe not +Ag though I'd prob still take it if I rolled it). Admittedly the choice of MVP makes that less critical than it used to be but it's still relevant.

If you really want to win your first handful of games before you get enough cash for the second werewolf then get a second werewolf, but if you care more about the long term start with the fleshies.
King_Joffrey

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Every Necro roster I've seen so far, always took both flesh golems. You can't go wrong with their statline even though they're slow. The skill 'stand firm' is pretty good at pinning other targets down, coupled with AV9 thick skull and regen they're really hard to remove.

The most common dilemma I've found, is if you take both werewolves straight away or start with only one and a pair of ghouls. Dropping Wights are not an option, atleast for me.
Milman

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So option 3 would be a better option to compaire then being :
3) 2FG,2WW,2W,5zombies and 2rr’s
So not taking any ghouls and dropping 1 rr to take the 6more agressive players?
King_Joffrey

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Third option is the more resilient option on paper since everyone has regen and no AV7. However the 2RR means you have be to kind of conservative and not pull any crazy stunts. It also lets you skill your two wolves ASAP as you will want to score with them to begin with.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

My approach: Higher Strength comes first, Block fails 1 in 6 block attempts while St> fails only 1 in 9 block attempts.
Secondly more Block on the roster comes before reroll. A reroll lets you reroll one attempt in each half while one more block saves you from that inevitably skull/block, which can appear more than once per half.
So 2 FG, 2 WW, 2 W, 5 Zombies and 2 rerolls is fine although I believe to start with a Ghoul and 1 Werewolf only but 3 rerolls instead could be more efficient. Dodge on the ball carrier and one reroll more while you do not have to fear 2x Frenzy without block is worth considering.
spinball

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on if your making a resurrection team or a evolving team in my opinion.

If you're playing in a table top tourney, most of the time, FG are not as valuable.

If your team is playing like on fumbbl here, then yes every time take the FG. They are super durable, have strength access and are 4str. All things that help.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Format is everything.

Option 1 is optimal in most progression cases, where you can feed MVPs to key players.

Option 2 is better in very short formats, where the Golems won't have a chance to shine.

Option 3 is not as good in standard progression Blood Bowl, but in a resurrection format with a free double for a Leader Zombie, it makes a lot of sense.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Milman wrote:
Want to know what you guys think about [...] ?

Your question is missing some crucial information, in order to get useful answers:
Which division?
If L, what are the rules of that league and what's the opposition likely to be?
In all divisions: What's your focus, i.e. get them to a high-performing level (in terms of TV), quickly or win games from the start?
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Deffo option 1.
You need skilling the FGs fast, and one rookie wolf is enough to take care about early on
kummo

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Format is everything.

Option 1 is optimal in most progression cases, where you can feed MVPs to key players.

Option 2 is better in very short formats, where the Golems won't have a chance to shine.

Option 3 is not as good in standard progression Blood Bowl, but in a resurrection format with a free double for a Leader Zombie, it makes a lot of sense.

I think option 3 is by far the most "long term" plan of the choices.

What you said about 1 i think fits to 3 much better since you actually don't need to feed ghouls until you get them (after 3rd rr, around 1300-ish tv or higher). Also you want to give mvp's to your s-access positionals or wolves anyway.

Sure, the start might be rough so might not be best for formats where you want to win as much as possible (box trophy run, if you want to qualify to playoffs/win your division during 1st season) but if you lean on long term - i think option 3 is the to go option. (And even with 2 rerolls i have seen people doing amazing with the roster, its so versatile).
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It's probably unpopular but I don't even start with a ghoul usually. Skill the wolves up fast by using one as a carrier. Then, when it rolls something awesome at 6SPP then carry with the other one...

But back to the point at hand, take both the fleshies. They are very useful and need the time in the squad.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think most of the reservations against Flesh Golems are rooted in the Clawpomb era. With the killstack they were too easily removed from play for their price.
Milman

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

finsterface wrote:
Milman wrote:
Want to know what you guys think about [...] ?

Your question is missing some crucial information, in order to get useful answers:
Which division?
If L, what are the rules of that league and what's the opposition likely to be?
In all divisions: What's your focus, i.e. get them to a high-performing level (in terms of TV), quickly or win games from the start?

Its a tabletop league. But very short. Only 8games.
Ealry games are gonne be in this order.
Chaos-skaven-nurgle-wood elves-undead. Last 3 i dont know yet
Milman

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2019 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Now i’m leaning most towards 1wolf,2fg,2wight,1ghoul,5zombies,3rr’s
But i’m thinking about the 2rr,2wolves no ghouls list also...
 Jump to: