20 coaches online • Server time: 03:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2019 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

This is a question to all the experienced Lizardmen coaches out there.

I've recently started playing Lizardmen on FUMBBL. Now after four matches the team is doing pretty soundly with 3/0/1, but I'm starting to question whether I'm doing the right thing in my MVP distribution.

So far I've managed to purchase all positionals and keep five of my starting Skinks intact (+1 N), and, as expected, the Sauri are lagging in development.

I've got one block Saurus with 11 SPPs, one with 5, one with 2. That's it. Skinks I've got one +MA with 11, two side steppers with 6 and 7, and two with 3. The Kroxigor caught an MVP (and two Skaven) and now has guard (good enough for me).

The conundrum: my Skinks are my designated TD scorers, but they're also expendable stunties and all already have a core skill. My Sauri are the backbone of the team but lack any skills and are attending as a small army of hollow, SPP hungry caterpillars.

Normally I'd nominate anyone in need of an MVP for a levelup with a bias towards positionals. With six work horses in need of one core skill for efficiency plus one extra to get anything of a defined role, should I throw all MVPs at them, or only those with nothing? Do I nominate the only one with block aiming for an early second skill? Or should I focus on my disposable little friends to some degree to develop them into blodge 1TTD machines and pesky ball sackers?

TL;DR see title.

Thanks in advance!
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2019 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Mvps are for Saurii exclusively (after krox have guard). I would say until they are all 76+ spps.
Skinks will skill anyway from touchdowns and you don't really need skills on them.
Also no apo for skinks.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2019 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

mvp goes always ALWAYS to saurus and krox, giving priority to those that would skill up with it, followed right after with the ones that have the LEAST spp, this way all get to develop together.

Also, if a game is going well, say you are on the lead, oponent is out of position and ball is yours, try to hand the ball to a saurus
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2019 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it's better to nominate the Saurus.
You can nominate a Skink if he's special (for example if he has +MA, double roll skill, + AG), don't bother to skill up Skinks if they don't get something special within their second skill up roll.
Assuming this is your team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=927439
I suggest to fire the niggled Skink and the Side Step Skinks if they don't get either +MA, a double skill, or + AG next skill up roll.
If you want to nominate a Skink the +MA is the best candidate at the moment, but Saurus should have the priority.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2019 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, what they said.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2019 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Give your Sauri eith mo SPP mvp chance first, also block extra with them to try to get them a cas.
Keep a Sauri who is within 3 if a skill off the LOS on offense in case of an out of bounds kick to give it to him to score with.
If you're up 2 TD and you have man advantage, you can even try to hand off to a Saudi for the score.
Camerhawkins plays lizzie's pretty decently..
Maybe watch a few of his games and see how he tries to develop and skill his team

Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2019 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the clear replies, everyone!

Chivite wrote:
mvp goes always ALWAYS to saurus and krox, giving priority to those that would skill up with it, followed right after with the ones that have the LEAST spp, this way all get to develop together.

Also, if a game is going well, say you are on the lead, oponent is out of position and ball is yours, try to hand the ball to a saurus

Check checkity check. Will do.

MattDakka wrote:

If you want to nominate a Skink the +MA is the best candidate at the moment, but Saurus should have the priority.

Thanks, solid advice!

MattDakka wrote:

I suggest to fire the niggled Skink

Fact. Although I'm fine where he is right now, costing me nothing and being available after next game if some tackle dwarf herder decides to bury a couple of skinks. I'd prefer a N skink over a loner.
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2019 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally... Take the loner over the niggled one. The rookie skink will just be screening most of the time anyways so loner won't matter
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2019 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Krox wants mvp until he has Guard
Saurus want mvp until they all have Block

These 2 things are about equal priority
After that, mvp is saurus-only.

Prioritise it to the lowest-skilled ones, getting Block on all saurus is more important than getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th skills on them

If you get a touchback, let a saurus carry the ball
If you're winning and have the ball very safe, and several turns and some rerolls left, handover (carefully) to saurus to carry the ball

Skinks basically never need MVP:
Your best skink will skillup fast because he will pickup and run the ball in,
Your other skinks benefit from having diving tackle / sidestep, it won't be hard to get a random skink a couple of touchdowns occasionally for their first second skills
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2019 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The old story is recycle skinks after they get to 3rd normal skill
Diving tackle and Sidestep are great but there's no good 3rd normal

For Krox, Guard and Standfirm are great but the 3rd normal isn't compelling

Krox with guard SF is good value and useful on the team, and slow to replace
So I wouldn't recycle. I maybe wouldn't apoth either, though
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2019 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Always sneaky git Wink
bancobat

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2019 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with all what said but...

I created a new lizard team with the new mvp system, was very happy cause finally my saurus will improve quickly.
So I went all mvp to saurus (and krox for guard) and skink will skill up from scoring
The bad effect of the system is that you usually get a skink as your ball carrier fast (first one with ag4, a double for block or mvt 9), so your others skinks don’t score.
You end up with a big spp skink, good skilled saurus and basic 0 skill skink.
You can tell me why you don’t score a little with your others skinks ? Would be good for the développement of the team but bad for wining the game (better score with your best skink).
So the question is it really a problem to have only one skill skink ? (In reality you will have some 6 spp skink but you got the point)
I think yes, obviously you don’t need lot of skilled skink (they are fragile and only agility skill), but it’s good to have some sidestep/diving tackle against elves, it’s good to try to have a mvt9/10 one for a pseudo one turner, it’s good to have potentially more ag4 stunties. My old lizards teams had them cause skink improved also with mvp and I feel they were better teams than my actual one.

So yes all mvp for saurus but from time to time include a skink in the trio, you need skilled skinks for the team to be really efficient, not just a ball carrier.

This is a way I go for long term development team, now just skill the saurus and give them mvp, but once they all have 1-2 skills, try to get some skink skilled up

And score with saurus every time you can try it safely
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2019 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't really want normal skills on Skinks is the thing. They are really good, efficient rookies, but like any stunty player, they only have Agility access on normal rolls and there aren't many of those skills you particularly want to give them. Sure, Side Step can help protect them and Catch can improve your running game, but... is the marginal benefit actually worth the 20k? Often, it isn't.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2019 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MVPs on Saurii helps limit the silliness of the past with people stalling but then having to hope they actually made the 5+ pickup for a saurus to get a TD, without squandering the win.
Yeah 1 good skink is quite common if he gets sure hands or ag4. If you get 2 like that I think it is worth keeping the option. A couple of 1 skill skinks can be handy too. But I wouldn't mvp them. Maybe they get the odd opportunist TD.