41 coaches online • Server time: 00:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
flashman1234

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2020 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

number 7 in stars cushtie
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2020 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Where would Setekh fit? He's been 'retired' now, right?
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2020 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

dabassman wrote:
Wolbum wrote:

No doubt about that but chainsaw stars are not very consistent. Their impact can be extreme, especially when their dice are going hot, they can straight up win a game but that is few and far between. I put them bottom tier though due to their very low level of consistency.

In this case I wouldn't put Fungus that high, either. And definitely not on par with Ripper. He is a bit more reliable with his blocks (96% with no RR, in contrast to Nobbla who succeeds on 83%), but if he fails, he is out of the game.
And Nobbla can be used as a cheap blodge ball carrier, witch can be useful against undeveloped teams with no tackle.

Fungus is up there as I thought he was the most reliable of the secret weapons mixed with a fairly cheap price and his popularity. I know Dribblesnot is cheaper but he is far less reliable. Nobbla too is great with blodge but the nature of chainsaw stars tends to see them sent off fast due to an accidental kick back or a failed armour break. Fungus, in contrast, is a much cheaper, safer Star Player for Goblin coaches and is fairly popular as a quick pick-me-up for League and Tournaments.

C0ddlefish wrote:
Where would Setekh fit? He's been 'retired' now, right?

Yes. The list only covers BB2016 but if you want, generally all of the old Stars are slightly more expensive but nearly identical to their new incarnations. In this case, Setekh would be in Star, beside Ivan Deathshroud.

Arktoris wrote:
I'd put Wilhelm in legends, and Ramtut is super star.

Roxana, I've never seen anybody take. Surprised she's that high up.

She, like Griff, is capable of some crazy individual plays, like a glory hog. Leaps in, grabs ball, dodges out and scores. Stuff like that. Mainly her popularity within tournaments. Though how that has been effected recently with the SPIKE! Magazine I am not sure.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2020 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting thread. Ratings will of course depend to some extent on the team selecting them too, and their cost effectiveness. For example Boomer may not be too special for dwarfs, but is absolute gold dust for Norse. Norse are usually vulnerable with mass Av7 - the ability to set up a dwarf blocker on the LOS for only 60k is great. It doesn't even matter that he isn't great with his bombs (although he does have accurate). As an added bonus, if he's still standing on your turn and there are none of your team around you can deliberately go for a fumble and blow up the LOS! You have AV9 and Thick Skull! Mwahahaha! And although he may have a secret weapon, he neverthelless can come back after a drive on a 6 under the current rules. He definitely isn't a Rookie, has to be a Legend or Superstar surely for Norse, probably still a Star at least even for dwarfs at that price?
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2020 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Morg should be one or two tiers higher. He's one of the best Star Players, even though he's one of the most expensive ones.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2020 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
Interesting thread. Ratings will of course depend to some extent on the team selecting them too, and their cost effectiveness. For example Boomer may not be too special for dwarfs, but is absolute gold dust for Norse. Norse are usually vulnerable with mass Av7 - the ability to set up a dwarf blocker on the LOS for only 60k is great. It doesn't even matter that he isn't great with his bombs (although he does have accurate). As an added bonus, if he's still standing on your turn and there are none of your team around you can deliberately go for a fumble and blow up the LOS! You have AV9 and Thick Skull! Mwahahaha! And although he may have a secret weapon, he neverthelless can come back after a drive on a 6 under the current rules. He definitely isn't a Rookie, has to be a Legend or Superstar surely for Norse, probably still a Star at least even for dwarfs at that price?

That was a bit of a contention point when making this tier list. While clearly for some teams a star player is kind of mediocre, others they can be exceptional. That said, Rookies tier is meant to be for the secret weapon saws, not because they are crap, but their extraordinary flip flop influence. They are also there for lack of consistency.

NickNutria wrote:

Morg should be one or two tiers higher. He's one of the best Star Players, even though he's one of the most expensive ones.

Morg was fairly hard for me to place. Veterans aren't all bad, but mainly held back by their cost. It is not that Morg is a bad player, just his extortionate price hits him. I was tempted to put him in Star tier, hell a part of me wanted to put him in legend. Because if he is used with the right caution, he can be a huge, huge asset. But the price tag is so painful.
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2020 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:

Roxy is ubiquitous in low tv resurrection play. She completely transforms Amazons by enabling plays that would be impossible for them otherwise. I played at least three different roxyzons in res tourneys last year.

Based on that same format, I would drop Griff a tier. He is too pricy. Karla and Zug are seen a lot more often.

Ripper is arguably a legend. Consistently props up both Orcs and Goblins and is downright ridiculous with Doom Diver for OTS attempts.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2020 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

NickNutria wrote:

Loner really took the wind out of his sails. He's basically just a slightly better version of Mighty Zug...for way more cash.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2020 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
Arktoris wrote:

Roxy is ubiquitous in low tv resurrection play. She completely transforms Amazons by enabling plays that would be impossible for them otherwise. I played at least three different roxyzons in res tourneys last year.

Based on that same format, I would drop Griff a tier. He is too pricy. Karla and Zug are seen a lot more often.

Griff is expensive no doubt and absolutely Karla and Zug are more popular in ress format. However, from my understanding, though ironically I have yet to fight Griff myself in ress, Griff has a much greater impact once included. Expensive for sure, but not too much to be like Morg. The value too in terms of the disgusting plays he can pull off made me bring him up. Not to mention the amount of games he has saved my ass in with solo flashy stunts.

I was also taking into account leagues and the perpetual format too, not just tournaments.

King_Ghidra wrote:
Ripper is arguably a legend. Consistently props up both Orcs and Goblins and is downright ridiculous with Doom Diver for OTS attempts.

Honestly the only reason Ripper isn't in legends Ghidra, is because I thought it would make me look biased. Easily my favourite star in BB and while not a gloryhog player like some of the legends, the extra support he brings to gobbos and orcs, as you said, is huge.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2020 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Bo is pure gold for Brets in the same way Roxanna is pure gold for Zons.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2020 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
I can't see Rumblelow, greatest Halfling Star Player ever, there. Or my eyes are getting bad

I was looking for him, too. Brilliant player.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2020 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
MrCushtie wrote:
I can't see Rumblelow, greatest Halfling Star Player ever, there. Or my eyes are getting bad

I was looking for him, too. Brilliant player.

7th from left, first row in star.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2020 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ramtut and Roxana should be swapped. Roxana is a little better than most of the "star" players. Ramtut is just amazing, with MA5, ST6, Wrestle, and Break Tackle.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2020 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It really hurts when you find the stars of yesterday weren't coke cutter effective and are sub standard:-(
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2020 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Ramtut and Roxana should be swapped. Roxana is a little better than most of the "star" players. Ramtut is just amazing, with MA5, ST6, Wrestle, and Break Tackle.

Ramtut is good. Really, really good. He is one of the very few stars in the high 300ks who is in Star tier. Normally I would have dropped a star at that cost lower but he is a surprisingly reliable and tough player who can do a great job. The only thing which made me keep him lower is, still, his cost. But his value and consistency is so good, he didn't suffer like Morg.

I didn't put him in legend though because, again, his cost. A lot of the teams he works for generally are not normally in a position to get those level of inducements as well as even if you were in a position to take him, he has to compete which cheaper options. Still a great star though, just wish they kept his bulky look in the new BB.

Roxy in contrast is seen fairly often in tournaments as well as is a pretty decent buy for her respective teams in leagues as well but at a much more affordable price point.
 Jump to: