44 coaches online • Server time: 09:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is a 250TR Ogre team wrong to accept ALL lenges in Unranked.
YES the ogre team should be able to prey on the brave/stupid
26%
 26%  [ 29 ]
It is morally wrong, but in the rules, therefore YES
17%
 17%  [ 19 ]
NO this shouldn't be allowed even in unranked
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
i dont give a flying ****
50%
 50%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 110

Molt

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

<Lord_Splutticus> I like playing and since BB is an unequal game from the start I play for fun, it's more fun to get more matches and more equal matches, but since I don't have a lot of options, I take any match ! I have played twice against a team with more than double my TR just to get a game, and have had to play teams that were way to weak to challenge me but wanted a shot to make money because of my high FF

<Britnoth> all divisions are competitive
<Britnoth> all games should be reaosnably fair, unless its a fixed tourney
<Britnoth> 4 of yrou last 5 games have been against 100 or near 100 TR teams

<Lord_Splutticus> if they challenge me I warn them it will be a lobsided gazmes, but when they still want a shot at it, I play, just like I challenged the Terrifying Anarchists of Naggaroth to get a game and got BB-lessons from then
<Britnoth> why play it when one side has no chance?
<Britnoth> we had this arguent when jahira played down 200 str against halflings with dwarves
<Britnoth> this is why we got the 40 str limit in ranked
<Britnoth> because people made strong teams by abusing the game
<Mastermind> Good old Jahira
<Mastermind> Well I've had too many martinis so I'm off to lie down.
<Britnoth> jsut because its unranked doesnt mean you can play any old fixed game for spp

<philman-afk> look, at the end of the day, unranked is there for those coaches who think that the +/- 40 St rule is silly, and there is no way of stopping stupidly huge difference games, if both coaches agree to a game, both knowing the consequences, it doesnt matter how diffrweent the ST/TR is, and there is no way of stopping it, this has gone on too long now, so just shut up about it
Brownstone

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

britnoth is a brithnut
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming you let the other guy know what they're in for, if they still want to play, then go for it. Possibly they enjoy getting smashed up, they might be hoping they're most frustrating team dies horribly or something.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It would only bother me if it was two coaches who where actively working togethor to exploit the system on a regular basis. For example, if coach a and coach b both have high tr teams so they each make a fling or gobbo team to throw away and feed the each others teams spps then retire and make a new one for the same purpose or something silly like that. As long as it's two coaches who just want to play a lopsided game and are really just doing it for fun i don't have any problems with it.

Edit: The above is assuming the game takes place in unranked of course.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

i only read some of this topic, but i stand by my online motto if someone want something postet on a forum they would most likely do it.

dont copy / paste things, maybe someone did not wanted that to be public and there for said it in a privete chat PM irc msg or whatever.

some lamer left my UT clan once, because i told another lam0r that i won against him in a 1on1, then he postet things about me being better and all other stuff, sucks i knew i was not better but i was happy i won a map from him even though he won the other 5 maps
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

anyway i had some fun matches when some godlike coach cherry picked me, i learned alot well not enough since i still loose more then i win
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
It would only bother me if it was two coaches who where actively working togethor to exploit the system on a regular basis. For example, if coach a and coach b both have high tr teams so they each make a fling or gobbo team to throw away and feed the each others teams spps then retire and make a new one for the same purpose or something silly like that. As long as it's two coaches who just want to play a lopsided game and are really just doing it for fun i don't have any problems with it.

if i wanted to play some guys Ranked team with my divx rats i could do that for fun right? since it cannot upload?

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban wrote:
thmbscrws wrote:

if i wanted to play some guys Ranked team with my divx rats i could do that for fun right? since it cannot upload?

You can play every team you like, as long as you don't enable the fumbbl login...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

You can play every team you like, as long as you don't enable the fumbbl login...

A very good point... I sense a new poll coming on...

Any mymLaban just went up several points in my estimation for even asking.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I've only followed this thread from Badmrmojo. Anyone who knows me know i absolutely hate ogres, about as much as i hate, and i really mean hate khemri. I've noticed from match reports that hardly any matches have been played between Khemri and Ogres. Maybe there should be a division set up for:

"Crappy, Untalented, Purile, I don't want to die morons"

Ogres and Khemri only need apply. Then once these no talent, can barely carry a ball without fear of getting hurt a'%e munchers have finished, then we should disband the entire arse idea of ogres having the higher brain functions to get along long enough for a match, along with the thrice accursed addition of Khemri. What was Jervis thinking of when he released this pile of shite.

Although before i get the flames, i appreciate it wasn't intiended for fumbbl obviously, but I've spec'd quite a number of Khemri matches and it seem quite a number of players thrive on completely destroying the opposition through the small matter of 4 crusty mummies and a batch of dp skels. One recent match i spec'd on versus a chaos team was only ended once the Khemri had successfully fouled the crap out of the chaos resulting in no players left on pitch. The victors crusty comments were "Well that was a massacre".

Khemri in my opinion have the abilty in a average length tournie to completely dominate. They suck, they blow, killl them all, outlaw necromancy with a vengeance in Araby, whatever it takes but Khemri deserve to be rooted out and spat on at all levels.

Maybe a good idea would be to release a team of fundamental fanatics full of stakes and stuff.

Who knows:

A Grand Inquisitor 7439 Frenzy Dauntless, SF, Leader G S £160k (quite simular to the good ole indomitable questing knights)
0-4 Inquisitors 6338 Frenzy Block £90k
0-2 Epistoleries 6338 pass, sure hands normal thrower cost
0-2 Witch hunters 7337 catch, frenzy, stakes £100k
the rest normal humie liners.

Don't be too harsh i can barely focus as i write this

Ps Khemri suck
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:

A very good point... I sense a new poll coming on...

Any mymLaban just went up several points in my estimation for even asking.

Roger that hook me up with a nice avatar an ill call it even.
Azmo

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

oops my error. rr cost 80k

inquisitors and g inquisitors have access to strength and general
epistoleries have access to passing and general
witch hunters have access to general only
Morgion

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

azmo.. i sense much passion in ur post. cool Smile hey where's the free avatars at. btw. should always check out the other persons team before the match then u can guess what kinda match ull have. nuf said Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

My avatar is a crappy copy of a really cool band i like called Spacehog. You are right though I can't say anything against you point - totally valid. I just hate Khemri Twisted Evil kill every one of them. Release a KMU League, anything, as long as we can rid ourselves of these fetid, pustulent, unrelenting, man manglers of filfth. Very Happy
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring them to me and my team "called" "family friendly" and i shall make chaos spawns out of every last khemri that thinks he can escape the grave or the wrath of NURGLE

Sick Sick Sick
 Jump to: