12 coaches online • Server time: 05:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Glomp

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... obviously not Laughing

But check out these guys:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=104716

At the time of writing this there are 9 experience rolls, 7 of those have been doubles or stat increases (the dodge skill on one of the blitzers was taken after I turned down +MA).

You may be thinking lucky b*****d, but I think all this good rolling has hurt the team. Shocked

Here's the reasoning: I have only 1 re-roll and for the team to be cohesive and to work properly. Ideally for the first roll on my players i'd like the utility skills. Block for linemen. Dodge for Blitzers etc.
It may be dull but it gives me the important skill re-rolls that I'd need to make plays.

Am I whinging when you'd kill for the opportunity?
Am I right (probably not) and this is a major contributing factor to my last 2 games (both losses)

Gimmie some help peeps! Laughing
Gil-Galad

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

well

i think the biggest problem, is you began with only 1 reroll.

not those stats increases and doubles.
quota

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Gil-Galad wrote:
well

I agree. My own DE team, http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=53614, is doing fairly well "despite" having loads of stat rolls. Get those rerolls and enjoy the AG5, cause it's gonna win you at least a few matches, I asure you.

Edit: I can't make links now ;(

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Gil-Galad wrote:
well

Well technically i've got two.

I picked up the leader lineman fairly early on. Surely 2 re-rolls on a 5 game old dark elf team, with its full compliment of blitzers + a thrower is enough.

The point was that without dodge/catch/surehands i cnt respond too well once the team re-rolls are used up.

I dont waste them its just for the team to function these skills appear to be essential.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

quota wrote:
Gil-Galad wrote:
well

I agree. My own DE team, http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=53614, is doing fairly well "despite" having loads of stat rolls. Get those rerolls and enjoy the AG5, cause it's gonna win you at least a few matches, I asure you.

Edit: I can't make links now ;(

You didn't mention all the +ST's.

Jesus christ! Shocked
quota

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My point was that I don't think the stat increases hurt my team Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

well rolling doubles, and + stats is all well and good, but you gotta think as to what the payer does and what role you want him\her to play within the team if it s a line man why would you take the +1 Ma... id take block, as hes a lineman his job is to tie up your opponent, + str,and agilty are diffrent as then you can change his roll, within the team, doubles are always welcome, as you can broaden the team you have ie Guard for darkelves, its all gotta be taken into consideration as to what your team allready has in the way of players and what u want that player to do...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
... Surely 2 re-rolls... is enough.

The point was that without dodge/catch/surehands i cnt respond too well once the team re-rolls are used up...

If you're always using up your two re-rolls, then it's not really enough. If it was enough, you'd have... well... enough. Which you don't.

I can see how sometimes stat increases can be arguably less useful than skill increases. I don't care however. Stat increases are still way cooler. I can never bring myself to pass one up except in exceedingly rare circumstances. Even double 5s on beastmen. It just makes the player more memorable or something.

Regarding certain stats for certain positions (yeah you, Sparticus!), I think people (myself included frequently) are already way too bound by a player's position. Linemen can make great throwers with a lucky +AG and a thrower with +ST is an instant blitzer in my book. Limiting your options according to the title of a player just seems like an unnecessary handicap to your game.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

ahh dunt get me wrong +st on a lineo is perfect, sucks in more defence, but taking the +1Ma why makes no sence id rather have a blodge, lineo, who can suck u one of the opp's tacklers, who is guard my lino now rather lining up my reciver, u just gotta be carful as to what u are giving stats increases too..
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

he! ma7 guard, blodge, jump up linos rock!!! okay, takes the better part of his playing life to get there but to have one additional player with ma7 never hurts imo. darkies are not the fastest team around and you need someone to follow your ma8 blitzers Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Stat increases may be slightly worse than skills in the short term but in the long run you will love them.
I know I would...

Post 6 Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

What you can tell about theese guys:

WE lineman - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=254163 - one of best throwers ever.

Troll - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=254163 - seems he don't need block verry much Smile
tautology

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Surely 2 re-rolls on a 5 game old dark elf team, with its full compliment of blitzers + a thrower is enough.

Nope, no, and not a chance. You should have started with 2 and hopefully purchased a 3rd by now. And your leader should have Guard instead. If you're in it for the long term that is...
Aim for 5 rerolls before you hit TR 200.
Just my 2 cents Wink
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Just commenting on having 1 re-roll with dark elves...

I began that way and they did not lose in their 10 first games.
Somewhere after that they had money to get another one, and then things started going bad.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sparticus wrote:
ahh dunt get me wrong +st on a lineo is perfect, sucks in more defence, but taking the +1Ma why makes no sence id rather have a blodge, lineo, who can suck u one of the opp's tacklers, who is guard my lino now rather lining up my reciver, u just gotta be carful as to what u are giving stats increases too..

That's only if you insist on using the lino as line bait. Once he rolls the +MA, he doesn't have to be line bait anymore. He can be a blitzer or a receiver or whatever you want.

This guy is the top scorer and passer on my DE team. Why? A few stat increases and he's not really a lino anymore, now is he?

Jump to: