48 coaches online • Server time: 13:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if you take passblock on all your players you deserve to be able to move them all during a pass.

And besides if you don´t want your opponents to intercept the ball then take safe throw and put players in the way so that your opponent cant move up next to your thrower or reciever.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

And besides you could actually end up with all your players prone on the ground.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass Block is in no way overpowered.

I am now at a stage of rule consideration that I just can't hear any part of the game being labeled overpowered without insisting that the dwarf roster is looked at, and the Chaos Dwarf roster for that matter.

actually, a whole Dwarf Team of Pass Blockers would be cool, but only because they start with Block and Tackle and Av9 and Thick Skull.

Only one person ever has mentioned how powerful the skill Block is compared to other skills, and I pose you this thought experiment - a team that chose Pass Block instead of Block against a team filled with block.

We move closer to equality with a team of Block, Pass Block players, vs Block, Dirty Player (or perhaps Block, Dodge).

But nonetheless, Block is a much better skill than Pass Block. Sure Hands is about equal in usefulness to Pass Block, I would say. Maybe Strip Ball, too.

However, considering the power of a skill if used en masse is different to choosing it for your team... If you want Pass Block on catchers, you must forgo an Agility skill - so after you've taken Block (of course) then Dodge (sometimes), you face the normal skill choice of, for example, Sprint, Sidestep, Diving Tackle, Leap, Sure Hands, Tackle, Shadowing, Pass Block.

Pass Block is useful on defence, it's true. Then again, Diving Tackle is pretty good, too, as is Sidestep.

If you are taking Pass Block on linos, you are forgoing Tackle (unless you are broken broken Dwarves), and don't forget, a little over every six skill rolls or so, you roll up something special - doubles or +AG. So unless you are a real maniac, of three linos getting two skill rolls each, two get Pass Block, and none have Tackle.

Calling it overpowered doesn't hold water.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about raising an old thread from the dead (it rhymes!), but I was just amazed noticing that after years of playing bloodbowl I just realized from reading lrb, that it really doesn't say that only one pass blocker could use pass block. I was amazed. After my last game where there were multiple pas blockers, I was just convinced that hey, this guy broke the rules etc. But i was corrected and thought, well, this must be one of the differences in the client. I checked those, no it wasn't. Then reading the LRB, heureka! After all these years, I was proved wrong not only by my fellow fumbblers, which happens often enough, but LRB too, which I thought I knew by heart.

You live and learn they say, but I'm just amazed. How could I have missed a thing like that?

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I beleive back in 3rd edition, you could only move one pass blocker into a possition to intercept the ball..but you could still move as many as you wanted/could to put TZ's on the passer and/or the thrower.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SixFootDwarf wrote:
Yeah, which is bogus. Having the ability to move eveyone with PB (that's in range) really makes PB over-powered. Now all of a sudden half of my team is moving in his turn. Not only that, but with guys like Pro Elf catchers it's insane.

How hard could it be to limit it to 1 per pass action?

Oh no, now the allmighty all-PB Elf teams are starting to appear in every division... Very Happy
 Jump to: