47 coaches online • Server time: 20:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
moph

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You can create a custom ruleset or use an existing one if it suits your requirements.

If you create a ruleset, you can add existing rosters or create new ones of your own.

It's all very cool. Smile

Thanks. Have some more questions about that, but do not want to take the thread of topic. And no time anyway Wink
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh - this is fun.

https://fumbbl.com/p/race?id=6445# -- Chaos+++

I'd like to give them Animal Savagery, too, but can't find it on the drop down. You have to raise some from the dead for a full 16 player roster - which is the second position. With two neg traits (bone head + savagery) they need pro to start.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Are those really Chaos Flings?

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

no.
Java

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
this is my take (mostly Nelphine's input on costs and the Monstruous Mouth idea)

https://fumbbl.com/p/race?id=6147

Still looking for feedback on this

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
Java wrote:
this is my take (mostly Nelphine's input on costs and the Monstruous Mouth idea)

Carvers and Head Carvers had general skill access in the stunty league - but that's down to most teams having some stunties with general in that division. Don't know if they should.

Something had to be able to survive all the block big guys to carry the ball - so it was a defensive bit, too. Everyone went after the carvers, so they were able to get block, too.

A compromise skill is maybe wrestle, rather than general access easily?
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
Java wrote:

Isn't this too cheap vs regular flings, given M access and Monstrous Mouth as an upgrade?

I don't like the saw getting dodge from the get-go: it's a better looney without a clear reason for that.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

@Mnemon

ST3 on a stunty positionals feels wrong in the main ruleset meta TBH, that's why it was dropped

block or wrestle are massive skills for flings and goblins, so I wouldn't start them off with it, most stunty G skills for rookies are non-core skills usually

we kept Carvers as close as possible to existing goblin saw, minus the stats that are lacking on flings, plus dodge/right stuff to make them different enough. Still not sure that the cost is right, or that giving them dodge to start is way too much.

@MrCushtie

what would you suggest instead of dodge? if they lost dodge, they would be justified in costing something like 30 or 35 which is not bad either

mutation access is actually free on renegade and underworld players, that was the rationale. Making them cost more was a way to differentiate them, and so the skill that was picked was "big mouth" (hungry hungry flings) which isn't as useful as Horns on beastmen (who also get strength access, which they pay for)

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Java - I think this is maybe part of the problem here: What teams are you balancing them against?

[The chaos+++ thing up there was me just having fun; were in jest (not an actual suggestion). I'd love to try to play with them, but it's off topic Smile.]

The original chaos flings were balanced against the other stunty league teams, and they all harmonised fairly well with each other. Which is why I'd love all of them to be ported over as is; simply to re-create stunty league but with the opportunity to make new teams - as at the moment all that work is simply lost from fumbbl. Including all the special stunty league stars.

Within Stunty league the G access on a lot of the teams made sense - but they only ever - all of them - played in that environement.

If you want to balance them against the other SL teams, or teams in general, than they probably need way bigger changes.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

and even if you are balancing against SL or core teams, are you trying to make them a tier 3, or a tier 2? (Arguably, there are some SL stunty teams that are way better than core stunty teams)
Java

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If I look at some of the stunty leeg teams, there are clear parallels with current secret league teams, that was what I was referencing there

I always thought of team design as a way to make things fit, rather than making a team strong or weak to a desired standard.

what would you drop/nerf/etc?

costs seem correct at the moment, maybe things can be made to cost more by adding +AV or extra skills to places that don't need it, giving the saws something else instead of dodge?

the Heftys cost a lot because of Fend, for example. What can be the Chaos Halfling version of having Fend and paying for it?

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2022 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Give the carvers Hit and Run, lose Dodge, price them at 50k, that's chaotic enough.

Actually, come to think of it let's do Khornate Halflings and give everyone frenzy

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2022 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Java - I think this is maybe part of the problem here: What teams are you balancing them against?

Gud point. I was really looking deep into the old Stuntee project when doing research for my own leeg projects.

An interesting anecdote to Chaos FLings is that the actual creators were not really satisfied with the actual team. They were one of the earliest teams created in some kind of vague and nearly blank space, while later teams were developed within the context of playing against other already existing Stuntee teams.
Also I think some Gits didn't appreciate the fluff idea of chaos worshipping flings.

So if SL was still a thing, they probably should be revamped big time. Add some of the new BB20 skills that hardly get used otherwise. Also like both of Cushtie's suggestions.
Maybe even change their fluff from chaos to something kitchen related.

SL in general, I mean it was sometimes just insane. I remember a fun tournament were you got points for dead players on either side, so coaches would ignore the ball and start doing unneccessary GFIs in hope to suffer a potentially lethal CAS. Also just fielding two Bombardiers with BB16 Hail Mary Pass was something "special". I don't really think the philosphy of these teams blends well with SL, which is more a one man project and aims to be a more "serious" addition to what Vanilla Blood Bowl offers.

So maybe start a new context/environment with purely chaos overrun teams and use the Chaos Flings as basis? I feel that currently there is more potential in actual events and tournaments than open play.

Sidenote, some former stuntee leeg coaches might be happy to hear that Mad Gark the Tamer and Evil Odster still enjoy playing regular Blood Bowl in XXXL.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2022 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hit and Run doesn't do anything at the moment, and doesn't do anything for chainsaws, as chainsaw actions end the moment they have used the saw

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2022 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So, the OP was "Chaos Halflings for Secret League".

I guess, this thread should concentrate on that and interested parties can launch a new Stunty 2020 project.

[SL]2020 is definitely "a thing" Smile

Jump to: