56 coaches online • Server time: 23:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

neverborn wrote:
keep in mind that all teams which leave the qpool will need to be tr 150 or below to enter the picnic or to go into the divisions or swamp.

clayinfinity wrote:
Conference Leagues will be 4 divisions of 8 teams each. Seeded 'roughly' on TR each season, the 4 winners of the Conference Leagues will promote to Premier League. Winners will be on 1st past the post.

This means that the SWL (Premier and Conference) will be restricted to 40 teams only!

Essentially, all teams in this seasons Premier League and Conference Leagues will be in the 40. There are a few dropouts already, so places will be opening up.

The remaining spots to take us to 40 teams will be taken from the current Regional Leagues.

To qualify from Regional, we look at 3 factors. One, you must have a team of TR150 or more. Two, you must be a committed coach who has demonstrated that he plays games. Three, and only if really needed, racial considerations may come into it, but as far as I know this hasnt yet been called upon.

Is it just me or does this sound a little conflicting? I was considering swapping out the Wonders for my Dark elves in qpool. In order to make sure I could (as per what Clay wrote) I worked hard to get them up to the 150tr mark. Since Bloodbowl isn't an exact sience, of course I ended up going over 150. As anyone who's had a team in qpool for an extended period of time, like my past Jezebell, you'd know how hard it is to get the tr exactly to 150. The worst I remember was that I was forced to retire a player because I didn't win enough money to just get rid of it down to 150. Since all my players were really skilled, my team rating ended up dropping to 143ish. If this situation had occured and I'd wanted to put them into the big leagues, I'd be rather screwed.

After this season when qpool goes up to 170, and Swamp goes to 190, this situation will never occur. Don't you think maybe for this one season it could be waved that a qpool team has to be at exactly 150 to enter the big leagues and/or the picnic?

Please let me know your thoughts admins. I hope this was clear rather than a long babbly post.

SonofSharkboy
chunky04

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

No, the Swamp is strictly for those who miss the cut for the Conferences. You may only have one Swamp or Conference team.

The Swamp is NOT just another qpool. The idea is that this will be where recruits for the conferences will be drawn from, particularly should they be needed midseason. I myself will probably be going down to Swamp next season while I get my work situation sorted out after graduation. I'm also hoping once the structure is fully established (ie after next season), that teams already in the Swamp, will get preference over teams being swapped in from qpool for entry into Conference play - ie if you want to swap in your qpool team, they'll probably require a season of Swamp play first. Otherwise there is simply no way for Swamp teams to advance to Conference play. It will also make coaches think twice about abandoning their current Conference or Premier teams.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

So if I want to swap my team this season and/or enter the picnic does my team rating need to be exactly at 150 like these posts seem to indicate? After this season the answers are obvious, Im asking in regards to where we are at right now.
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My understand is that all that stuff is taking place NEXT SEASON.....

meaning that That to enter the PICNIC\CONFRENCES\SWAMP from the end of this season you will have to maintain the qpool cap of 150... the extretins on the TR cap only take place after the next season starts..

if it worked anyother whay the cap may as well be extended now...
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

admins!

i have created a goblin team and applied to the swl. I intend to try to work this goblin team all the way through and win the premier league. If doing so requires retiring the Prince Reagents, then so be it.

please approve my gobbo team application, so i can start gouging Qpool.

moo hoo hoo hoo ha ha hah a ha ha...

PS. Of course, if the gobbo team disintegrates, the Wicker Men will still be strong. Also, despite the fact that the Wicker Men are TR 148, may i enter them in the picnic? their TS is 163, with an mng. And of course, their reputation will scare early opponents into conceding, giving me extra cash. Laughing
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I went ahead and retired a player, bought a reroll, and axed a coach. Now my team rating is at exactly 150, which is what it looks like I have to be for this season alone.
XZCion

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Just quietly, next season's arrangement sux! (just to make sure i have your attention)

extending the tr to 170 and 190 will do nothing except raise the level at which you start culling your extremely skilled 11 players. we'll get 10 or 11 guys to 190 with skills galore and change them over for my poor little regional team who's only had 7 games in the season. then i'll get my old regional team kicking by firing all the niggles, playing a load of games and getting some replacements, skill them up and change them over again. nothing to stop this sort of abuse bar pure bloody mindedness to keep a team going.

on the other hand, keeping it the way it is sees me putting in a 'fun' team into the pool. preferably one that'll get pasted at every opportunity so i always have things to spend the money on.

I'd rather see the giant swiss comp, or some other competitive competition below the conferences and the premier. Currently it seems that you guys don't want to have another 'promotion' level below conferences. that's cool, fine, dandy and all that. But there should definitely be a competitive competition for the coaches that aren't in the confrences.
This is better because it means that the games mean something beyond "how many spp get and how many cas's did i take?" Which in the swamp will be everyone's thinking.

to recap:
leave the qpool alone, 150 tr is a brilliant number for getting a team a few skills without getting too spooty, while allowing newbies to come in and play against 'experienced' teams with a chance of winning.
you guys lucked out the first time, don't change it because teams are getting to big for it. It's a sign that you need a new competitive league (see above rant) than a sign you need another pool with higher limits!

please speak up if you agree, otherwise we're just going to have 2 pools, both of them much more cutthroat than before, and no where for the teams that bang on the tr limits to go anyways!

save the SWL before our commishes ruin it with their good intentions! (is that last line too harsh? no, it's the sad truth as i see it :[ )

p.s. the giant swiss comp idea, while likely to work, may not the be best idea! if you have something else to offer SPEAK UP!!!!
XZCion

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahem.. humble pie.

apparently it's one team in pool, and one in swamp/divs/prem. which is much better than i read it to be first time round. that gets rid of most of my complaints :]

i still believe the pool should be left at tr150 cap.

i still believe that there is a better solution to the 'gap'.

if it does turn out that those people in the swamp are only interested in occasional rough and ready games, all well and good.
If there are only 40 coaches who want to play with an unlimited tr and in a structured tourney, then the proposal for season 7 will work fine.
I doubt that all the 'occasional' players will be satisfied with a tr cap, even the raised one.
too many ifs, hence my quest to find the perfect 'gap comp'.

See previous post for how interested i am in hearing from other coaches with ideas about this. It may even be a fumbbl wide issue. i have no idea how other large comps get around the tr / structured / comitment problem.

I'm still gonna be very interested in how the tr cap affects gameplay in the swamp, even though i intend never to have a team in it.

Finally i want to make even more clear that i think the admins do a brilliant job of running the tourney, and my post in no way meant to imply otherwise!
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I do kinda hear ya XZcoin.. but i have to dissagree with ya in mainly the "gap" as u call it, is a very large one and EXTREAMLY DEADLY ONE... a team of say chaos tr 150 (fresh and still wet behind the ears) plays a choas team that is in the confrence at say a average 200-220... can u say CARNAGE... yes coatch skill comes into it, but still the belive no coatch should be pushed into that kinda enviorment, yer the swamp is only 190 cap but u can manage ya team so u can have a damm good sqaud at the 190 cap stage.. pretty much each player gets to about the 2 spp's per player stage.. i for one belive the TR cap being raised is a excellent idea.

thou the only 1 team in in premier\confrence\swamp i kinda think is a bit of a DRAG. i would liek to see it split into 3 stages, coatches can have a team in Premier\confrence then 1 in swamp (could be turned into a swiss style play as fast as you can type comp) then qpool , THOU only 1 team for any coach in each, but that just my opinion...
chunky04

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2004 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Sparticus hit the nail on the head on that one. With the intermediate step of the regionals gone, it's a rather big leap in terms of how good a team is. This is partially allowed for in the Swamp.

The real reason this change in structure has happened though is none of the above.

It's quite frankly because there are too many useless shites around that don't play their games and don't communicate. The way I see it, there simply aren't enough dedicated coaches around to make another proper division under the conferences, which is why Swamp has a fairly loose structure, so that we can much around with it as need be.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2004 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Oki, I have been away for about 4 days and am just catching up with all the above posts.

I welcome all your comments and ideas (even if a tad pissed off) and am happy to consider the views.

But chunky has hit the nail on the head... the main driver is that we cannot maintain a 80 team structured comp, deal with drop outs and maintain that everyone plays the games whilst keeping sane...

It has been a nightmare this season... we hate forfeiting games but have been forced into it on too many occaisions. So the answer must be make the third tiered unstructured and flexible.

Secondly, teams of TR150 (and less!) are getting slaughtered in the structured leagues. Now that most of the Premier and Conference teams are at TR190+, it is time to up the ante.

Teams now have a TR170 barrier and THEN a TR190 barrier before getting to the uncapped Premier/Conference leagues. TR170 is high, but newbie teams will be able to, dare I say it, cherry pick there way up. Any TR100 coach who plays a TR170 team in QPool is able to do so, but the risk is on them.

Teams like the Donuts and co will be available as always...

They are the two drivers...

Now my next post will be the coach listings for those in the Premier/Conferences, then a listing of Swamp candidates and then the rest will be QPoolers.

Of course all coaches in the Premier, Conf or Swamp will also be in the QPool.
Clobba

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2004 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

looking forward to playing again, think it was SWL2 or 3 last time I played fumbbl, so long I forgot my old account lol rock on the Qpool Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

SEASON 7 TEAMS ANNOUNCED

Please refer to the SWL Main Page for the new team structures.

At the bottom of the page where every team is listed, I have altered the "Score" column.

Teams with a "1" are Season 7 Premier League Teams - there are 8 of you

Teams with a "2" are Season 7 Conference League Teams - there are 32 of you to be grouped into 4 divisions of 8. This will be done randomly.

Teams with a "3" are Season 7 Regional Teams. There are 15 of you and you will be placed in an Open Round Robin Tournament with a 5-2-1 scoring system. If required, teams will be promoted from here to the Conference League. This league will have a TR cap of 190. I have relaxed the TR150 minimum rule here to ensure a decent number of teams.

All coaches with a Team in the 1, 2 or 3 brackets are allowed a second team in the QPool.

QPool Teams are scored with a “100”. You are only allowed one team here unless you have a specific exemption. A few dead teams are here to be replaced when newbies join in. The TR cap for the QPool is 170. QPool will be scored as 1 point for playing. The purpose here is to develop teams rather than winning. It also tells me clearly who is actually playing a lot of games rather than winning a few…

<b>What you must do…</b>
1. Please check that the teams you have are in the right category. Each coach is only allowed one team in the 1, 2 or 3 categories. No correspondence will be entered into though as to why you are a 1, 2 or 3.
2. If you have unwanted teams or too many teams in the QPool, please cull them. Select “Leave”. It is a long process to kick a team out and I would prefer that coaches would be diligent in keeping unwanted teams off the league page.
3. If you want a league to play a dead team in, please join the Veterans League page.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

More Shamless Plugs...For those up at such an hour I will be on the Sunrise Program on Channel 7 at around 8:15am tomorrow (friday Oct 15) It is only a 7 min spot so don't miss the beginning Wink Failing the visual contact please tune in your radio dial to 702am at 5:30pm for T.G.I.F on Richard Glovers show. There will be an announcement of vital importance made in the Winners of the week section of the show. Don't miss it!

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Picnic Is Up</b>

First round due by Sunday night... rounds will be approximately 3 days in duration after that.

Also, winner and runner up get to share the spoils with an Ogre or Vampire team. Same deal as last year!

Good luck, may the best (or luckiest) team win!
 Jump to: