25 coaches online • Server time: 05:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post 5 Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have some questions about the coach ranking that is used for the coach standing. Sorry if something is obvious to you.

I saw that is calculated like this:

Rn = Ro + K * (S - p)

a) p = 1 / [ 1 + 10 ^ ( dR/40 + dT/70) ]

Is that right? If it is wrong please correct it.

b) dR is opponents coach ranking minus my coach ranking or
opponent team rating minus my teams rating?

c) I saw that:

dT = 100 * [s1/min(s1,s2) - s2/min(s1,s2)]

s1 is my teams strenght and s2 is oppenents team strenght, right?

d) K

Ranked games have a K of 2

What about Unranked, DivX, Stunty, Ladder and Fanction games?

Are there any tournaments with K? If yes from where can I see it?

Are extra points gained for winning the months championship or a Fanction title or for winning a tournament?

Thanks for your time and patience! Smile
Colin

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranking, oddly enough, only applies to the Ranked division Wink It used to apply to other divisions too, but it was decided to change this (I suggest you search in the news and forums for 'ranking'), and the Open division was changed to Ranked to make it clear.

Here is the Division specific rules section of the User Guide, to clarify the differences:
http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Division%20Specific%20Rules
Ash

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

That s all the trouble for me... a lot of coach playing unranked game don t care about score... the only point for them is to make the most casualties as possible to make the most SPPs...
As a player, when i enter the pitch it s for having fun BUT as coach, when i enter the pitch it s for winning the game. Don t know how having fun if i m not playing the same game as my opponement...

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have fun on the pitch by winning and maiming my oppos Wink......

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

That s all the trouble for me... a lot of coach playing unranked game don t care about score... the only point for them is to make the most casualties as possible to make the most SPPs...
As a player, when i enter the pitch it s for having fun BUT as coach, when i enter the pitch it s for winning the game. Don t know how having fun if i m not playing the same game as my opponement...

Thats a totally broad incorrect statement. Many coaches play U because they like the more laid back style of S and U. In fact many of us foul less in U because the games are a bit more social. There are plenty of coaches in R that play to maim and get SPPs. They play R because they can get more games.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Colin! It looks like you gave me the answer for question d).

I believe that more people would compite in other divisions and tournaments if there was "K" at them. Ofcourse "K" is not needed at the Unranked and "K" could be different between tournaments, depending from their importance.

Does anyone have answers for questions a),b) and c)?
Laviak

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2004 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I can tell ...
a) yes - seems right
b) dR = opponents coach ranking - your coach ranking
c) s1 = opponents TS, s2 = your TS

one other note about TS -- somewhere it says that handicaps add an extra 5 to the teams TS for the purposes of ranking.
e.g. a team with TR/TS of 154/130, playing a team with TR/TS of 130/140 should be even if the coaches have the same ranking.

Please correct me if I'm wrong -- I don't know that what I've said here is correct .. but it does seem like its about right Smile
 Jump to: