47 coaches online • Server time: 20:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr_Suplex

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2023 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
Why do we think that Chainsaw can't be used for the blitz in a Blitz kick off?

p41:
Quote:
D3+3 Open players on the kicking team may immediately activate... One may perform a Blitz action.

p46 and p59:
Quote:

a single Standing or Prone player on the active team may be activated to perform a Blitz action; an action that allow the player to combine a Move action and a Block action. When a player Blitzes, they may move as normal. In addition, they may perform a Block action (or a Special action granted by a Skill or Trait that can be performed instead of a Block action)

p84:
Quote:

Instead of performing a Block action (on its own or as part of a Blitz action), this player may perform a 'Chainsaw Attack' Special action

I thought I'd made my peace with not being able to use a chainsaw on a blitz kick off, but reading these three again I now feel convinced that it should be possible to saw somebody in half on the kick off event.

Exactly. And as far as I know GW has not written an errata about these specific interactions so I question the FUMBBL choice here to limit them.
Mr_Suplex

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2023 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
You didn't quote the part in Chainsaw where it says it can be used "once per turn". It does leave open the possibility that the Blitz kick off event is a turn, just not a team turn... or it could be a series of activation of players outside any turn.

By this logic you cannot Block either since the Block action references its use in a "team turn".
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2023 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Stab, Chainsaw, and Projectile Vomit are all special actions.

Special actions arent allowed on Blitz! kickoff

10 Blitz: D3+3 Open players on the kicking team may immediately activate to perform a Move action. One may perform a Blitz action and one may perform a Throw Team-mate action. If a player Falls Over or is Knocked Down, no further players can be activated and the Blitz ends immediately.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2023 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Special actions arent allowed on Blitz! kickoff

Where do the rules say this? They just say you can use a Blitz action, and a normal Blitz action allows the Block portion to be replaced by Stab, etc.

Following your logic, the Block action within the Blitz action is also not allowed as it is not specifically stated as an action that can be taken during the Blitz Kickoff event.
razmus

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2023 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Suplex wrote:
[...] as far as I know GW has not written an errata about these specific interactions so I question the FUMBBL choice here to limit them.

Like any environment, when there is something in the rules which is unclear, a definitive ruling must be made. I very sincerely ask you to write to GW at bloodbowlfaq@gwpic.com to ask them to clarify the what appears to be unclear rules. Perhaps if they receive enough feedback requesting clarification they WILL write an errata about those specific interactions.

Mr_Suplex

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2023 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Mr_Suplex wrote:
[...] as far as I know GW has not written an errata about these specific interactions so I question the FUMBBL choice here to limit them.

Like any environment, when there is something in the rules which is unclear, a definitive ruling must be made. I very sincerely ask you to write to GW at bloodbowlfaq@gwpic.com to ask them to clarify the what appears to be unclear rules. Perhaps if they receive enough feedback requesting clarification they WILL write an errata about those specific interactions.

My league already has written them, but based on the rules as written I see nothing that indicates stab, chainsaw, and vomit can't be used in the Blitz for a Blitz kickoff event. Nothing in the event's wording indicates that the Blitz action is modified in any way and all of those skills are usable in a Blitz.

What is unclear about the usage of these skills in a Blitz action during a Blitz kickoff event? Honest question as my league is still thinking through all of this as well.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2023 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Because special action is not blitz action.

Its action that you use instead of blitz(or block) action, but that action is not stated on kickoff to be usable.

If you want to use those actions in blitz kickoff, you can easily houserule them as usable actions.