35 coaches online • Server time: 00:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
The fact I don't personally care about a thing doesn't mean I should not point at its inconsistency, because I do care about logic. Also, I'm not hammering it down everybody's throat because, at end of the day, I don't play in the Trophy so it won't make a difference for me.
I was just honestly surprised that Box Trophy games could be from tournaments as well. I don't want to hear: "Matt is right" either, as I said, I don't care.
Just, since some people were surprised like me that Box Trophy games could be played outside it, I suggested to change the Box Trophy name and/or description.
That way everybody would be aware of that. For example, a Trophy Box coach not able to find games via Box scheduler due to very low TV could join a tournament.
This is far from wanting to hear people say: "Matt is right". It's just trying to be constructive.
By adding a better description/different Trophy name we can have more games and consistency as well.
There is a larger pool of games if people know fully how to play the Trophy.

Matt, what you need to do is tell your ideas to someone else and let them post them. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
RDaneel wrote:
One can think once redraft would be implemented to have a Trophy accessible to higher TV teams that have already participated in a Trophy and/or allowing to access Trophy to teams with TV little bit higher as CTV= 1150 (a bit like in the rules of the next NAF World Cup in Alicante https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Ruleset-NWC-Alicante-2023.pdf), clearly avoiding the paroxysm of teams of CTV 1800 obviously being out of reality of BB2020 IMHO.

1150? The cap is 1350.

Why shouldn't teams go to 1800? They won't be able to stay there.

I mean : 1150 is the starting TV for NAF World Cup Alicante.
1300 "could be" the redraft cap (this depend how the redraft would be)
So an idea could be in future to open the door to Trophy to teams with TV between two values (or to make a low TV trophy and high TV Tropphy like happen for the https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=7922&p=teams)
But I am perfectly fine to leave Trophy as it is.
RDaneel

Post 18 Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

Still, I am perfectly fine with the choice because I 100% agree with what RDaneel said. Very few coaches complete the Box Trophy Gauntlet with their squads. There's no reason to put additional game limitations to it. Consistency is nice, but a larger games pool is hundreds times more preferable.

NINETY-TWO MINUTES OF APPLAUSE
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:

According to Christer, like this:

- 15 games per season
- Re-drafting budget of 1,000k + 10k per game + 10k per win + 5k per tie + team treasury
- Re-drafting hard cap of 1,350k

source: https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Christer&id=23410
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
RDaneel wrote:

- 15 games per season
- Re-drafting budget of 1,000k + 10k per game + 10k per win + 5k per tie + team treasury

That's quite good, very close that what is suggested in the official BB2020 Rules !
Looking forward for this.
And btw with this ruleset very hard to keep stat-freak players for more than 45 games (3 season). So that's the reason I am not searching to develop team-players too much Wink
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as Re-Draft is not implemented, I have to play with stat freaks because I could face stat freaks on opponent teams.
When Re-Draft is implemented I will play without stat freaks, because I will not face stat freaks on opponent teams.
I just logically adapt to the environment.

edit. with Re-Draft I plan to keep a ball carrier for 30 games, not sure about 45 games. I need to play with the Re-Draft to know it.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %13, %2023 - %20:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:

I mean : 1150 is the starting TV for NAF World Cup Alicante.
So an idea could be in future to open the door to Trophy to teams with TV between two values (or to make a low TV trophy and high TV Tropphy like happen for the https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=7922&p=teams)
But I am perfectly fine to leave Trophy as it is.

I'd quite happily start all teams at 1150. Mr. Green

It seems to me to be a natural step to say that teams can be either brand new or newly redrafted.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
JanMattys wrote:

Still, I am perfectly fine with the choice because I 100% agree with what RDaneel said. Very few coaches complete the Box Trophy Gauntlet with their squads. There's no reason to put additional game limitations to it. Consistency is nice, but a larger games pool is hundreds times more preferable.

NINETY-TWO MINUTES OF APPLAUSE

And now I know for a fact that you're italian Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the same, although when I asked him, he denied to be Italian.
After that quote I'm sure as well! Very Happy
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
RDaneel wrote:

- 15 games per season

That's quite good, very close that what is suggested in the official BB2020 Rules !
Looking forward for this.
And btw with this ruleset very hard to keep stat-freak players for more than 45 games (3 season). So that's the reason I am not searching to develop team-players too much Wink

Eh, I intend to keep ball carriers until I have the next legend (and accepting that I simply dont redraft any players other than those two). If needed, this will mean keeping legends for 100+ games, although I doubt it will ever take that long to make the replacement.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

According to my own experience, you need 40-50 games to build a Legend ball carrier.
So, you shouldn't need 100+ games to build the replacement.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

Eh, I intend to keep ball carriers until I have the next legend (and accepting that I simply dont redraft any players other than those two). If needed, this will mean keeping legends for 100+ games, although I doubt it will ever take that long to make the replacement.

how can you keep a player for 100 games with re-draft? Now you can, when there will be a re-draft you cannot anymore. Better not to be used to play with stat freak players knowing that sooner or later will be impossible to keep them in the team. And for this the Trophy is a very good "boot camp"
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Better to play the way that you most enjoy while you still can.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

?? To both of you, I typically make a legend ball carrier with multiple stats in around 20-30 games, and legend ball carriers are so incredibly good at singlehandedly winning games that I'm fine with redrafting the entire rest of the team as rookies to keep them. My skink will literally be redrafted until I cant afford 10 other skinks and any tier 0 to tier 1.5 team (as defined in my thread elsewhere) except maybe khemri and necro are amazing rookies so I dont care if I need to get rid of every last other player with spp.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2023 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I play in the Box only, to build a Legend I need 40-50 games, realistically speaking.
I could try to build a Legend in fewer games but that would require to take more risks (I checked some of my BB2020 Legend players and I built one in 28 games).
That said, assuming 144 SPPs (it's player-dependant, not all players have the same skill access), and assuming 2 TDs scored per game, that's at least 24 games.
Not all games you can score with the player you want, though. Some games I had to change the plan and score with another player. I don't give priority to developing a player over trying to win the game, that's why I need more games, I guess.
That said, I agree that Legend ball carriers have a great impact of games and give you a chance of score even when outnumbered, so it's worth keeping them as long as you can.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %14, %2023 - %13:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: