41 coaches online • Server time: 00:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2023 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

They just listen to people who whine. They also changed the aging system due to people whining. And it was perfect.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2023 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't realise this was a controversial subject.
I love maiming and killing especially when it happens to the opponents players so I would never play resurrection.

I'm just thinking mercenaries got much less reliable by the scumming nerf.
I can live with the current situation, I fired my skilled chorf and bought a new one.

I think bomber is somewhat overrated but I don't understand how he can cost 50k when fungus is 80 and chainsaws 130-140.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2023 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The LRB4 Ageing? I didn't like it. The player could age at first level up and that was very unrealistic, even for a fantasy game.
I would have liked an Ageing check starting at third level up.
I'm not against the idea of Ageing, but it should "trim down" players with some skills, not at first level up.
I still remember a friend of mine who got pissed off by his HE Blitzer Ageing at first level up. I was introducing him to LRB4 and he stopped playing (not just because of Ageing, but it was one of the reasons).

About firing the Chaos Dwarf: we could think that there is a purpose of the rule to encourage firing players, and that makes sense assuming that you have enough gold to buy a new one, but starting teams don't have enough gold to fire&replace expensive positional players.
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2023 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You can sometimes get a star player that is better than a mercenary if you are lucky and become enough underdog. If you were certain of getting a mercenary you would not risk being without any substitute for your missing player but you would also almost certainly not get a juicy star player (except Bomber).
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2023 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the game, over-dogged Bomber was absolutely amazing for you!

But still no win, sad face : (

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2023 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Bomber did fine in our last match but a lot of times he doesn't. Playing Orcs lately I haven't got a chance to buy Bomber very often and it sometimes feel like I'm playing better without him. That's strange as I always take Bomber when I can and think its hard to play against him.

Thanks for the game with your hard hitting vikings BeanBelly. I'm happy with a draw against you Smile
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2023 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we talking about blood bowl? i want cost of Mercs to go down and the cost of anybody with a bomb to go up.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2023 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Chrisdekok wrote:
The new inducement rules make it uncertain if you can use a mercenary to replace a MNG positional in the coming match. If you are a small underdog or at even TV it won't be possible. [...]

This just happened to me as my chorfs met some crazy hard hitting vikings and I don't want to play next match one chorf missing.

I'm not sure if you're referring to this match
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4452380

I watched 1st half and what I can say is that this configuration requires an absolute mastery of risk as 1 RR w/o apo and had to put all your blocker in fron line if you meet bash teams sooner or later some blocker go to the hospital (as the one be fouled): calculate the probability to break AV 10+ in a match where your opponent did 83 blocks rolled 29 time armour value, and roll 6 injury roll + 2 foul and you can see that is easy to have 1 blocker MNG .

Chrisdekok wrote:

I dislike the new inducement rules because they stop me from a lot of ways of getting an unfair advantage over my opponent.

I don't understand here what you mean: sounds like you like to start match with a lof of advantages vs your opponent... maybe i misinterpretate this sentence

The game is beautiful when there is some balance.
Today just watched a RRR match Amazon vs Orc FlickyFlak vs MerryZ:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4452437

pulled until the last second of overtime pure tactical delight unfortunately decided by "penalties" but anyway... That's Blood Bowl.

MNG player management is critical in a perpetual league, otherwise as MerryZ says play the leagues with resurrection not in Box or on GameFinder.

You can tell you have never had to play with Goblins.... where MNG and funerals happen every two games! Razz

Chrisdekok wrote:

This just happened to me as my chorfs met some crazy hard hitting vikings and I don't want to play next match one chorf missing.
What do you think?

I think that if you don't like of having a Chorf Blocker MNG buy yourself an APO, and make a slightly more balanced team Wink
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2023 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Chrisdekok wrote:

I think bomber is somewhat overrated but I don't understand how he can cost 50k when fungus is 80 and chainsaws 130-140.

I feel it's going to be fixed in the next Errata/FAQ G&W usually publish within May ...

So: Enjoy the Bomber till is cheap! Smile
cheers!
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2023 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I played badly in that game like I often do.
I still think the vikings hit hard with 3 10+ on 6 injury rolls.
I don't trust apo enough to invest the TV, prefer some extra skills instead.

For good coaches balance is great for me it's not.
When the knight of the order of fair play armoured in righteousness charges forward expecting to brush away a mere peasant with ease realises the peasant has a rocket launcher, that is the best of Blood Bowl for me.

The peasant often blows himself up but that is the hard life of the unworthy.

I see that you do well RDaneel without any crutches (having a positive record with goblins). Unfortunately not everyone is that gifted and some use dirty tricks to try to level the playing field 🙂
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2023 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this post about balancing game around TV pair matchmaking ?

If so, im hard against.

I dont think there is anything worng with mercaneries used in league games, missing positionals in leagues mean that you are usually down TV and therefore you can afford (usually ?) to pay that extra 30k for one if you want him, you were already lot bigger than oppo would have been so its "more fair" or your last opponent did just what he wanted to do and hurted your team.

Sandbox gaming is just used for to get random games that have not much goal, building your team for tournament or just doing some meta league inside it (atleast here in fumbbl).

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2023 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
Chrisdekok wrote:

I feel it's going to be fixed in the next Errata/FAQ G&W usually publish within May ...

cheers!

It is 'fixed'; GW made Bomber a Megastar to limit his usage in tournament play, decided that would be enough. Unlike Morg, who's had both a price adjustment and Megastar status. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a proper fix for Bomber (like only allowing him for Bribery & Corruption teams, or doubling his price for non-gobbos)

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2023 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Chrisdekok wrote:

For good coaches balance is great for me it's not.
When the knight of the order of fair play armoured in righteousness charges forward expecting to brush away a mere peasant with ease realises the peasant has a rocket launcher, that is the best of Blood Bowl for me.

You have a very good rating you are a very good player, at least more than I am (63% win rate in Box is a dream for me) . 9/3/2 for this Chorfs team is great but unfortunately MNG is always lurking considering you have to keep them in LoS all the time. And concerning the first half I do not find you play bad. Simply the removal was not there (even if you ropponent did a copule of double skulls , he did not suffer during the 1st half any KO or SI and i counted a lot of "POW" ... so also this counted)
Statistics anyway make sense only in the long run: I see you had a good recovery here https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4452464... (here regen did not work for Necros! Smile so be carefull to the statistics! MNG looms in the next match Twisted Evil

Chrisdekok wrote:

I see that you do well RDaneel without any crutches (having a positive record with goblins). Unfortunately not everyone is that gifted and some use dirty tricks to try to level the playing field 🙂

I'm trying to use goblins so I can train for the next Trophy. I've never used them honestly and I'm still not bold enough to use them all the time in BoX (I make a few cherry picks each time). Eventually they can give some satisfaction though. And anyway, for the Trophy I like to use Orcs and/or Necros, they are almost mandatory to complete the squad... We'll see what the final win rate will be after 15 matches! Wink
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2023 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
RDaneel wrote:
Chrisdekok wrote:

cheers!

It is 'fixed'; GW made Bomber a Megastar to limit his usage in tournament play, decided that would be enough. Unlike Morg, who's had both a price adjustment and Megastar status. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a proper fix for Bomber (like only allowing him for Bribery & Corruption teams, or doubling his price for non-gobbos)

sorry I missed this... Where can I see the Bomber is Megastar and why this cannot be used in Tournament? I know in RRR Starplayer are disallowed - One thing I really appreciate about this type of tournament, which is why I participated- but I think is general. Not because they become Megastar?
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2023 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:

sorry I missed this... Where can I see the Bomber is Megastar and why this cannot be used in Tournament? I know in RRR Starplayer are disallowed - One thing I really appreciate about this type of tournament, which is why I participated- but I think is general. Not because they become Megastar?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/d4EGmrdz0lylahgt.pdf

In the end is a list of Mega Stars.

Atm there is option for league play to ban them in fumbbl.

RRR bans all stars now because it was too star heavy and its in way more healthier state atm.