55 coaches online • Server time: 18:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Inscription JBL Sais...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

A player can't foul 16 times in a game if he doesn't T16 foul. FOUL ALL MENZ!
Grod

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

My excuse for fouling turn 16 - the fans made me do it. Repeated /stomp by spectators caused me to you succumb to peer pressure. Are you not entertained!

Oscar Wilde
badger89

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

haha I think you it a action that can be use so up the the coach if they use it or waste, then I sometime thank nuffle the waste a action

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, it used to be more of a controversy when this recurring topic appeared in the old days (tm). Certainly there are situations in which it's not nice, or even spiteful, to foul T16. But it's not universal, so there is certainly no case for some sort of categoric etiquette on the matter. Framing this as an ethical question is both unjustified and kind of silly. It's everyone's choice whether they do or don't foul T16. Always expect them to, and don't take it personally.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What about those times when you hire a wizard and don't actually need him?

Are ya gonna waste that fireball? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Happy_Amateur wrote:
A player can't foul 16 times in a game if he doesn't T16 foul. FOUL ALL MENZ!

Brashnag the Rat Molester like that : https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=14355455

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
RDaneel wrote:
if you will ever meet a player with SH, +MA + MA , BLODGE, SIDESTEP , BREACK TACKLE, and with maybe one more stat in the Box or in a tournament

It's "Break Tackle" (without the "c" before the "k")

MattDakka wrote:
the possibility of foul

It's either the possibility of fouling or the possibility of a foul. Also, I'm not sure "the possibility" is the right english term.

MattDakka wrote:
Without T16 foul

Again, either t16 fouls or t16 fouling.

MattDakka wrote:
there would be less thrilling.

I might be wrong but it should be "there would be less thrill" or "it would be less thrilling". "There would be less thrilling" sounds wrong to me.

MattDakka wrote:
One of the things I like of BB

It's "about bb", not "of bb".

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to be corrected by native English speakers, so we can be sure about my mistakes.
For sure "Breack" was a mistake. "Possibility" is an English word.

T16 foul sounds quite right, but if you want to nitpick about that, ok. Still it doesn't change the meaning (<--edit).

Ok about "about".

About the rest, I don't know, so it's better if an English native speaker corrects me.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %11, %2023 - %15:%May; edited 1 time in total
badger89

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I'd like to be corrected by native English speakers, so we can be sure about my mistakes.

T16 foul sounds quite right, but if you want to nitpick about that, ok. Still it doesn't change the sense.

Ok about "about".

About the rest, I don't know, so it's better if an English native speaker corrects me.

I would try but am dyslexic as hell haha Laughing

Last edited by badger89 on %b %11, %2023 - %15:%May; edited 1 time in total
moph

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:
Well done for resurrecting one of the oldest threads on Fumbbl. Also well done to the person who used "it's BLOOD bowl" as a justification. Please can we bring back the "how to be a right bastard thread" next?

Does this the right bastard thread involve not trying to understand what the others post? Wink For clarification: I did not justify any behaviour with the name of the game. I have contrasted arguments for both ways of playing, a little exaggerated I admit, to make it clear that the problem is that in online BB two types of players clash - the competitive players and the role players. (most of them probably lie somewhere between the two) And for the role-players, it is quite correct that the Evil Brainkickers of Hell will kick in the elf's head, regardless of whether this results in a tactical advantage or not.

Last edited by moph on %b %11, %2023 - %15:%May; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

T16 foul sounds quite right, but if you want to nitpick about that, ok. Still it doesn't change the sense.

Ok about "about".

It's "meaning", not "sense". Very Happy

And I can assure you that the other points are valid as well.

And btw, the meaning was quite evident for "breack" as well but you felt the need to point that out anyway in order to belittle the original post. I just wanted to show you how easy it is and why it should not be done.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm happy to be corrected. I guess you thought that I would have been pissed off.
If I really wanted to belittle somebody I would have just shown (<-- edit) my rank 1 Overall.
That said, sometimes I have seen English native speakers writing worse than me, so I don't blame myself too much for my mistakes.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %11, %2023 - %15:%May; edited 2 times in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Well, I'm happy to be corrected. I guess you thought that I would have been pissed off.
If I really wanted to belittle somebody I would have just showed my rank 1 Overall.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thankyou Very Happy
You just made my day.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm glad to make you happy. I'm not only a BB coach, but an entertainer as well. Smile

It should be: "Thank you", with the space, not "Thankyou", right?
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
RDaneel wrote:
if you will ever meet a player with SH, +MA + MA , BLODGE, SIDESTEP , BREACK TACKLE, and with maybe one more stat in the Box or in a tournament

It's "Break Tackle" (without the "c" before the "k")

MattDakka wrote:
the possibility of foul

It's either the possibility of fouling or the possibility of a foul. Also, I'm not sure "the possibility" is the right english term.

[.

863 minnuttes of HapplauZe ! 🤪🤪
 Jump to: