48 coaches online • Server time: 21:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2023 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Once again I found a no-show opponent in the Box.
This means that my team will be stuck for hours or days, so, pretty please, is it possible to have an automatic team unstuck function to speed up the process thus increasing its efficiency?

That would remove the hassle of sending a ticket and disturbing the admins and would remove a time waste as well. There is no reason why people committed to Box draws must waste their time due to people not showing up to games. Committed people are respecting site rules, while not committed people are not. Site should promote and reward committed people over not committed people, in my very humble opinion and from my own particular perspective.

Thanks for attention.
JigerJones

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Had an opponent activate, then realize he couldn't run the client. Now I gotta remember how to submit a ticket to get my team free again
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the link to send Support tickets to staff:

https://fumbbl.com/p/support
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Feels like that might be a bit open to abuse.

Get matched
Don't like the matchup
"oh no, all of a sudden I'm having internet problems "
Join the next draw instead.

At the moment, that fact your team is stuck if you don't play probably makes people play more unfavorable games than they might otherwise.

Tracking non-connections for abuse sounds like a lot of admin work
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If you get a loss when you don't join the game, a no-show starts to get less appealing.
I had my Orc team stuck yesterday and I got nothing, no CR points, no win.
This is absolutely not fair towards people committed to the Box draws.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ok, so we're talking concession not just cancellation.

I'm not getting involved in that conversation
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Too hard to do something yourself problem here, again.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't unstuck my team myself. I have to ask an admin and that means team stuck for hours or days due to people forgetting to show up to a draw.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to be granted with a victory by concession you must follow strictly the procedure:
https://fumbbl.com/note/Christer/Disconnections
in the worst case - if I understand the process - 72 hours (3 days) need to be waited but at least could get grant a victory... If you don't have a time pressure (as Tournament with timing constraints) I do not see a tragedy to wait 2-3 days to earn CR points (you can play with other teams meantime).
On the contrary if there is a hard time constraing (as if you are on tourney deadline limit) you can also involve the Commissioneer of the Tourney.

Here seems the game was reset witouth a concession: I think this require both coaches and staff agreement: did you agree (or did you ask) to staff to cancel the game? If yes no reason to complain here that there is no CR or win points.

Did you not agree to cancel the game and the game was reset? In this case the flow was not followed but you should understand why (maybe staff cancel the game after this forum post).

I think it is always better to discuss disputes by PMs with Staff and your opponent than making a public complaint on the forum IMO. This only generates unnecessary nervousness and endless controversy IMO.

Of blocked matches there are so many every day (just looking on Discord channel Staff-Help) and the reasons can be many.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I just reported the no-show, I didn't ask to cancel the game. I had to report it, otherwise I could have been reported by my opponent and be considered a no-show coach by admins.

Yes, there are many stuck matches every day, thus I'm suggesting to make an automatic system so the whole unstuck process speeds up.
I know the site rules about cancelling the games and getting the win by admin's concession.
I know that I can't get the win if the game didn't start at all, but the problem is that, when somebody doesn't show up, he has no penalty to do it (that's why no-shows are not that uncommon).
My team got stuck for almost 1 day so I have been penalized, my opponent suffered no penalty.
And ok it's not serious, in isolation, but finding a no-show opponent it's not that uncommon.
Since I can't get the win I'd like at least to have my team unstuck in 10 minutes automatically (with an automatic report ticket about no-show sent to admins).
That way I could still activate for the next draw.
There is no reason to penalize a guy like me who is committed to the schedule and doesn't forget to check the Box draws.
I have 0 no-shows. It's not hard to check the draw. If I forgot to check the draw I would happily face the consequences. There must be a consequence for mistakes, otherwise people don't pay attention to things.
I don't have to suffer the consequences of opponents' distraction. It's not fair towards me because I always show up to the games and I expect the same from my opponents.
About using other teams:

1) if I feel I want to play as Orcs, I don't want to play as Elves;

2) assuming I activate other teams, it's not sure that I won't find another no-show coach.

So, it would be better to tackle the no-show issue directly, rather than telling people to play other teams.
I have the freedom to play whatever team I want in a specific day and at a specific time (not later). This freedom should not be reduced by other people's behaviours.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I just reported the no-show, I didn't ask to cancel the game. I had to report it, otherwise I could have been reported by my opponent and be considered a no-show coach by admins.

Yes, there are many stuck matches every day, thus I'm suggesting to make an automatic system so the whole unstuck process speeds up.

On the automatic unstuck I am quite against it, and I'll explain why

If it doesn't come with penalties ( and I doubt Staff would agree to give a penalty after 15 minutes and post-penalties if it's a temporary ban frankly who cares, I understand you care about points no?)is a tad favorable to abusers: eg. do I see, for example, that my team in Box is associated vs a team (or vs a Coach Wink ) I don't like? I don't show up anyway I know nothing happens to me and there's the automatic unstuck after 10 mins: easy!

The best IMO is as it is today: a clear and fair process that - yes - requires some patience (max 72 hours) if you want to gain points and then see your opponent penalized, but also give reasonable time to people to explain each other (because is the goal of fumbbl Community ... here we are not on Battle Net where matches are generated at an industrial rate Cool ).

I think the Fumbbl Staff is very careful and also very strict against those who generate repeated abuse. However, one must be patient and follow the rules if want some justice will be done.

And you can't punish a distraction in the same way as a voluntary action but this require some post-investigation: it happened to me to activate teams at the beginning of the 5 minutes... then for a problem/urgency (read: my wife my cat my son my whatever... and wifes usually are NON MASKABLE INTERRUPT- top prio) so I come distracted - I forgot the game activated, I shutdown the PC and then I found out the next day that I had a game ... everything was solved with a thousand excuses and in less than 24 hours.

and remember- speaking about freedom to play: your freedom to play here is graciously offered to you - for free - by the site developers and the community that plays and engages (95% of the time): then exceptions happen and can be managed with tolerance IMO .
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
your freedom to play here is graciously offered to you - for free - by the site developers and the community that plays and engages (95% of the time): then exceptions happen and can be managed with tolerance

this, so much this.

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
I understand you care about points no?)is a tad favorable to abusers: eg. do I see, for example, that my team in Box is associated vs a team (or vs a Coach Wink ) I don't like? I don't show up anyway I know nothing happens to me and there's the automatic unstuck after 10 mins: easy!

Which is what already happens now. People can already do that and dodge games they don't like.
What I'm suggesting is an automatic unstuck with an automatic report.
That way after a while the abuse would be evident.
After 3 no-shows a coach could be temporarily disabled from activating in the Box for a while or another penalty to discourage no-show behaviour.

It's the same system we have now, but automated, hence more efficient. No need to wait for hours or days to have a game cancelled and team unstuck with an automatic system.

Probably it's not technically possible.
 Jump to: