33 coaches online • Server time: 09:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2023 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohh I thought of another reason to not take Kick

- You don't have any good linemen to take it on

Orcs can have 9 positionals (blitzers, big uns, troll) so potentially only have 2-3 lineorcs
You'll be putting those guys on the LOS so they can't kick anyway

Other linemen might not have General access (skinks, halflings, snotlings, goblins, gnoblars etc)
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2023 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Out of curiosity, is there, in American Football, a restriction about the kicker's position on the pitch, like in BB?
I wonder if the BB rule was inspired by an American Football rule.

It looks like it just needs to be inbounds to the sides and behind the 35-yard line for the kicking team -- and the receiving team has to at least be 10 yards beyond that. Hmm... makes it look more like playing 7s than Blood Bowl... Wink
Carthage

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2023 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

From what I remember... no there isn't a lateral location restriction, but you have to have a certain number of players on either side of the ball which effectively limits how far over you can place it. Its usually kicked from the middle because it helps the coverage team by forcing the receiving team to be spread out and reduces the chance of it going out of bounds and causing a penalty.
 Jump to: