52 coaches online • Server time: 21:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Moon-Shark

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

How in the hell can the die go from both sides having ok die in one half then the die just go completely fudged in the second for one side and good for the other. We both made mistakes but when this happens nothing else but to give up.
This game can be fun but when the die gets fudged like it did which seems to happen more than not it completely ruins any fun Evil or Very Mad

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4503079
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

That game is orcs against dworfs.. theres nothing fun in there, no matter what dice.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

IT'S A CONspir0cy! RNG is broken. No other explanation is possible. Also Christer hates you personally : what did you do to him?

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Fudge dice would be great. if thing are going badly, you could eat them to cheer yourself up
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Moon-Shark wrote:
How in the hell can the die go from both sides having ok die in one half then the die just go completely fudged in the second for one side and good for the other. We both made mistakes but when this happens nothing else but to give up.
This game can be fun but when the die gets fudged like it did which seems to happen more than not it completely ruins any fun Evil or Very Mad

Welcome to world of randomness!
I suggest not to focus on the single game with odd, not average dice distribution, but to play many more games. A lot of them. Dice will average out, eventually.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Can see dice stats by clicking Image on the report
They look pretty average to me
You did roll an above-average amount of of pushes and 1's, but not game-breaking

The thing that stands out, is the number of turnovers on the turn tracker thing at the top Image
So many! for both teams, particularly in the first half.
In the second half, the dwarves stop getting turnovers, and so they eventually get a touchdown

Mouse-over on those shows why there was turnovers. There was a lot of 4+ rolls that failed, and a lot of 1dice blocks that also failed

You're probably too emotional about this currently... but if there's something to learn from this it's that you want to try reducing risk, to reduce turnovers

Suffering turnovers on risky moves is what cost you this game. I've not watched the replay but the stats make me pretty sure that's what happened
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

Can see dice stats by clicking Image on the report
They look pretty average to me
You did roll an above-average amount of of pushes and 1's, but not game-breaking

The thing that stands out, is the number of turnovers on the turn tracker thing at the top Image
So many! for both teams, particularly in the first half.
In the second half, the dwarves stop getting turnovers, and so they eventually get a touchdown

Mouse-over on those shows why there was turnovers. There was a lot of 4+ rolls that failed, and a lot of 1dice blocks that also failed

You're probably too emotional about this currently... but if there's something to learn from this it's that you want to try reducing risk, to reduce turnovers

Suffering turnovers on risky moves is what cost you this game. I've not watched the replay but the stats make me pretty sure that's what happened

Great write-up & a perfect response to help someone learn & grow
in the world of both FUMBBL & Blood Bowl Exclamation

Edit: I withhold my comment until Sp00keh also watches the match to put the dice rolls into context.

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %24, %2023 - %17:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
Moon-Shark

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Die stats dont tell you every thing
If you had watched it, what was game breaking was the turnovers on fumbling the ball and yes tried a hand off to give ball to a blizz.
by time I managed to pick up ball a few of my team injured and most on the floor so the 1d blocks was all i could do to try clear ball carrier, from then on didn't get any better, by turn six i think just gave up trying and yes we made mistakes. Loosing is one thing but when die go good for one and sour for another thats not what i call a good game
CL

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

i watched it. turn 4 you stood up then, skull skulled your blitzed and basically skipped your turn based and proceeded to get wrecked. Nothing you could do other than play table top, and lie about having 1 more reroll.
SanKuKai

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

conspiracy is growing mates... and tahts due to Poutine, certainly... HE roll the dices from the Kremlin !!!
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

/tucks in for seventy pages (hopefully)
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Moon-Shark wrote:

ok let's start the 70 pages!Very Happy

So I watched the game and I think you should post your 1st drive under the Lessons Learned
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32794
Let's develop little bit the 1st half:

0/0: you gain Blitz! so you were lucky: but allow me to say blitz! could be little bit better: players #4 and #7 put them too far forward

0/1 : your opponenbt here gets 2 skulls on two one-dice blocks (but pick the ball a 4+ with sure hands) i think is in the average.

1/1: you make a lot of blocks with the Bubs without a block: you did not get a double both down (so far so good). players #6 and #12 are too far forward while #7 and #14 are completely inactive (why?) so: turn in your favour for the dice, but the placement is not perfect (and this is nothing with dice)

2/2: #10 too far forward you are unbalanced

2/3: your opponent gets a SKULL on 1D6 : turnover: he was unlucky (1)

3/3: you were unlucky with double both down (but you have 3 rr not a problem) and you sack the ballkeeper -> stunned, ball lost falling in 3 of your players... perfect turn for you

3/4: your opponent gets a DOUBLE SKULL: turnover: he was REALLY unlucky (2)

4/4: . You continue to make blocks with BuB that have no blocks but you get never a both down,
you manage to pick-up the ball under rain w/o sure hands (4+) without need to reroll: lucky; after this you make a rush (not really necessary) 1: which oblige you to make a reroll and you remain with 1 reroll only.
then you make 1 block at 1 die with the number #6 and get skull. HEre the big error is to block: your ball keeper is protected and your opponent cannot blitz him (he need 4+ reroll w/o roll): stay! You get skull... and now you are obliged to reroll (your last reroll) , another skull bad luck, But the unnecessary risk here was to make 1d roll when you have 1 reroll only and you opponent without reroll: so in this turn you have lost all your rerolls and you are in the middle of the drive and in the next turn he can blitz your Ball keeper (a lino, can be blitzed 1D with a dwarf and get 50% of chance to be hit, 83% of the case to mark and 17% to KO the opponent(which happened after)

5/5: You opponent blitzed your ballkeeper lino in turn before: you make a rush and you fail before ending all the 2D blocks : ok unlucky but anyway... here you feel the lack of reroll (which you vasted in turn 4)

5/6: your opponent makes A SECOND DOUBLE SKULL: turnover!
(so at the end your opponent rolled 3 skull single dice turnover + 2 double skulls 2 turnovers)--> 3 snakes for your opponent!

6/6: you make block with #14 but actually you should have started the block with #7 who is a blitzer and has the block skill (this IMHO is a risk ). The thrower could assist blitzer 7 to block troll 2D ( i would have tried before make a risk 1D blitz with Lino vs Blocker w/o block)

6/7: your opponent makes a resounding misclick with #11: turnover after 1 movement ( you can consider this luck on you)

7/7 you manage to take the troll slayer KO , you make 1 block with a lineman without block against a dwarf who also has block and you POW!
Than after ALL these lucky dices (consider the start of the turn) you try to pick up the ball at 4+ (rain) with a lino after 2D blitz and w/o reroll: It's bad for you because you can't pick up the ball but ...

7/8 your opponent makes yet another SKULL another half snake: turnover!!

So the summary is that you mentioned: the first half was extremely unlucky for your opponent and yet you failed to score. Therein lies the key to the match
That in the second half your opponent had a lot of luck and scored OK I'm in. But if you only stop to think about your opponent's luck and don't have the intellectual honesty to understand your mistakes then you will continue to cry and blame the dice and will never improve.

And this is coming from a mediocre player (me) who after hundreds of games has a win rate of 51%. But it's not the dice's fault it's my fault

please do not take my criticism as personal attacks. I don't know you I don't know who you are I'm just allowing myself to make a judgement on some plays on a game that I think was very lucky (for you) on the first drive and very lucky (for your opponent) on the second drive and that if played correctly by both sides probably would have ended in a draw.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2023 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Moon-Shark wrote:

It's not even that bad...talk to me when you suffer 5 or more deaths in a match.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2023 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Wot is intellectual honesty?
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2023 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Happy_Amateur wrote:
Wot is intellectual honesty?

Pardon …
In fact, I am not sure if the term translates well into English.
I mean the ability to be self-critical about something that went wrong before blaming external factors (Dices, the cat jumping on your keyboard, BB rules, client causing misclicks, blackout, whatever....) besides the simple fact to recognize that your opponent made fewer mistakes than you and/or played better.