15 coaches online • Server time: 08:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post killing by fun?goto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Idea: Each coach can have 1 team in the C division which he declares as exempt and that teams results will have no effect on the coaches own stats (opponent still gets stats provided they are not using an exempt team themselves).

Why?: To encourage coaches to experiment with new races and sub-optimal lists without ruining their hard earned stats.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You could just play in the [L]eague division.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I don't want to commit to playing in a league, and would just like to see a bit more variety in C.
Carthage

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I kind of get what you are going for, but this could have a vastly different impact than you are intending. If I see a team with a juicy target, I could declare that race to not count. Then I can play the game without concern for the scoreboard and instead hunt to kill their star players.
MercutioT

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Carthage wrote:
I kind of get what you are going for, but this could have a vastly different impact than you are intending. If I see a team with a juicy target, I could declare that race to not count. Then I can play the game without concern for the scoreboard and instead hunt to kill their star players.

Are you suggesting that a coach would form an exempt team, then build it to high enough TV to compete with teams with high-value players, then proffer matches against their nemesis coach's teams that feature such players, then that the other coach would feel inclined to accept that match, all on the off-chance that they would get to knock down, break armor, and permanently injure these exact players (Apo failing, of course) and thus emotionally wound the intended coach....?

Respectfully, this sounds absolutely batshit crazy. Such a thing has never happened, and would never happen. But I would welcome any evidence suggesting that any coach would ever waste their time on such a long con, with such an absurdly low chance of a payout.

For cryin' out loud — if a coach did this to me, I would consider it the finest possible act of worship!
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Carthage wrote:

Not quite, you build a team as normal, designate it as exempt and it stays exempt and is the only team you have which can be exempt. And because it is in C div you could offer a tasty target a game but they would be under no obligation to accept.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
koadah wrote:

I don't want to commit to playing in a league, and would just like to see a bit more variety in C.

You don't have to join a league.

If you do, you don't necessarily have to "commit".

Also, the Stunty Cup is comming. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

MercutioT wrote:
Carthage wrote:

Are you suggesting that a coach would form an exempt team, then build it to high enough TV to compete with teams with high-value players, then proffer matches against their nemesis coach's teams that feature such players, then that the other coach would feel inclined to accept that match, all on the off-chance that they would get to knock down, break armor, and permanently injure these exact players (Apo failing, of course) and thus emotionally wound the intended coach....?

Respectfully, this sounds absolutely batshit crazy. Such a thing has never happened, and would never happen. But I would welcome any evidence suggesting that any coach would ever waste their time on such a long con, with such an absurdly low chance of a payout.

For cryin' out loud — if a coach did this to me, I would consider it the finest possible act of worship!

Are you saying you haven't seen the throne of blood meta group? That is literally what the meta group does haha
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=12654&op=view
361 teams in there all kill hunting and they give bonus points for dwarves. So they would pick dwarves with this rule, ignore the scoreboard and go for kills because thats what the meta group scores for.
The Borg Invasion is another meta group that would likely do that to hunt for specific skills.
And that's all without the very high density of shadenfreude enjoyers that would do it just for the kicks.
Carthage

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhhhhhhhhhh okay I misunderstood what was being said. I thought you were saying when you made a team, you picked another race as an exempt team for that roster to not count against its record.
You are saying you select a team when you make them to be your 1 freebie team so you can lose games without it affecting CR.
DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Also, the Stunty Cup is comming. Mr. Green

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to apply?

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I miss stunty leeg!
koadah

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Lowballerz do NOT count as "Stunty" for Secret Stunty Cup purposes.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Lowballerz do NOT count as "Stunty" for Secret Stunty Cup purposes.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be interesting if there was a way to see your average rating across all teams, in addition to CR. I imagine it would go a long way to incentivize coaches to try to improve with teams that otherwise drag their rating down.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Why..? Just.. play good rosters? Why is there this idea that encouraging people to play bad rosters is useful?

Sorry, no need to respond to this. I just completely disagree with the premise. I'd rather encourage everyone to play the conpetitive tier 1 teams (not the four tier 0 teams that are too good).
 Jump to: