50 coaches online • Server time: 19:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2024 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

During re-draft, can I buy new cheerleaders etc? It says you can carry the old assistant coaches and cheerleaders over from your previous roster or let them go.
It also says to make a brand new roster with the re-draft budget.

I would assume you can buy new staff and rerolls and apo's that you didn't have on your roster in the previous season, but it is a little ambiquous.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2024 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If you keep them or buy them, they’re still counting towards the budget you’re allowed after your initial 15 games.
You don’t usually want to start off with a team full of rookies. You will learn through your first season about how quick/slow certain positions skill up, which you can use to factor in which players you’re willing or able to redraft for their respective redraft tax (+10K for a 1 season vet)
1350’ish isn’t really that much more than the 1000 we first start with after you factor in dedicated fans, 1-2 more rerolls and a couple more players

Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2024 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! I am well aware of team composition and the general re-drafting/tactics. I have been running a 20+ coaches league for 10 seasons now.

This question of hiring new sideline staff just came to my mind because now I have the firstt time that I would want to buy 1 assistant coach, because I have the money and can only afford 1 reroll.

p.s. The re-draft tax for players is 20k per season.

ThierryM wrote:
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2024 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Jopotzuki wrote:
Thanks! I am well aware of team composition and the general re-drafting/tactics. I have been running a 20+ coaches league for 10 seasons now.

This question of hiring new sideline staff just came to my mind because now I have the firstt time that I would want to buy 1 assistant coach, because I have the money and can only afford 1 reroll.

Ahhh 20k ..thank you (=
Are there any leagues on fumbbl doing redrafts?

Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2024 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Jopotzuki wrote:

Ahhh 20k ..thank you (=
Are there any leagues on fumbbl doing redrafts?

My league, Suomiliiga (The Finnish League) is re-drafting it's teams. I'm sure there must be more leagues out here doing re-drafts.

ThierryM wrote:
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2024 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL does redraft.

Under their interpretation of the rules, you cannot buy rerolls during redraft, and conversely you can't drop rerolls during the season. (p100 of the 2020 rules says "team re-rolls may be carried over from your previous team draft list, ... or they may be let go".

p34 says that re-rolls may be purchased during the post-game sequence. I think you could make an argument that the redraft is part of a post-game sequence, but I think that would be a bit of a stretch.