34 coaches online • Server time: 15:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up / wrestle is a cool combo. All that wrestle could lead to an interesting fouling game as well.

Oscar Wilde
DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The fisher-gnome is probably a Star Player.

Let's imagine :
"Secret Weapon - Each turn Teddy Stabby can try to stab a remote player within a 6-square perimeter.
Once per game, he can try to "fish" the ball from his opponent's hands."
40k all tax included, it's a bargain.
DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

As already stated by Garion, the gnomette is maybe able to swap (or teleport?) the ball?

Look at the gnomette's miniatures : they're in "mirror"...

Let's imagine:
"If targetted by a blitz, the illusionist is able to teleport the ball into her twin sister's hands. Success on 3+"

Last edited by DoctorMidnight on %b %04, %2024 - %09:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Garion wrote:
I'd love khenri and chaos Dwarf too. Don't get the hold up

I wonder if they are deliberately dragging it out. After all GW are a miniatures company and that's how they make their money.

Once they have brought out all the crp teams maybe they worry there won't be enough interest in new ones? They could bring some of the AoS armies into Blood Bowl, but that might not go down so well.

No way will they add AOS Rosters. The design space for blood bowl from the old world is huuuge. Tzeentch and Slaanesh chaos variants are still missing, for example.

Plus a long time ago there was talk from a key designer of making a demonic planes version of the game. Not to be played with against normal teams...but as another side variant.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up and wrestle is a strong incentive to keep players down, and allows nice action chains if thrown players don't get stunned in the process

A block from the floor with ag3+ is "anything but a 1" and no turnover, while a 2d uphill is a 70ish% chance to either put down or shift a key screening player or even the carrier if careless/lucky

All desperate, truly stunty style options, but it makes the team very interesting and dangerous (for a stunty team, of course), and that's just by looking at the linemen. We still don't know anything about the majority of positionals.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The article says they are only as tall as the average player's knee.

That sounds St1 to me and would be much more interesting rather than a Halfling variant.

Feels like that would be easier to keep to the "budget" cost too
Jayward

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If they're ST1 they'll be cheerfully fighting Goblins for the title of worst team.

I could see them being Halfling stats but swapping Dodge and Right Stuff for Wrestle and Jump Up. Feels like that should be 40k, but honestly who knows with GW pricing.

I'm weirdly intrigued to play these guys, so fair play to GW for managing to get me even a bit interested in a Stunty team.

That feeling might vanish like an illusory ball when we see the rules though! Very Happy

EDIT: Wonder if they'll have G access instead of A access like the SL team?
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/04/the-gnomes-of-blood-bowl-have-hooked-a-fantastic-fisherman-for-a-star-player/
I don't forsee his skill to be that usefull or I'm missing something.
Disturbing Presence (shall the Gnomes manage to access the skill somehow) might help around him for the opponents to fumbble the ball handling otherwise... I'm wondering.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It's good on loose balls and stunty teams have some ways to make that happen

It also helps with TTM attempts

The big takeaway from that article tho is that the star is Halfling Thimble Cup (only?) and so that should also apply to the gnome team, with cheap chef included in the deal

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

ThierryM wrote:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/04/the-gnomes-of-blood-bowl-have-hooked-a-fantastic-fisherman-for-a-star-player/

"Halfling Thimble Cup teams can snap up Rodney for just 70,000 GP"

This means Gnomes are Halfling Thimble Cup, which means they get Chef for 100k
kozak

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2024 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hype as hell!
Techcasualty

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2024 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So anyone else a bit worried about this team? Wrestle, jump up, stunty, dodge linemen on 1 skill? Witch elf linemen at half the cost. With big guys, guard stunties, and halflings inducement package? /skyisfalling
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2024 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Techcasualty wrote:
So anyone else a bit worried about this team? Wrestle, jump up, stunty, dodge linemen on 1 skill? Witch elf linemen at half the cost. With big guys, guard stunties, and halflings inducement package? /skyisfalling

Stunty strength will still make their players difficult to be good sackers. It seems like it could be a fun team, though.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2024 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Techcasualty wrote:

Witch elf linemen is a stretch. These are ag3, and without dodge will be extremely squishy, not just easy to knock down, but also just base them all and they are screwed...

the star player looks pretty useful in a team that can pop the ball free a lot. but i think this team will lose players even quicker than flings

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2024 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a good video about the history of Gnomes in Warhammer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eRzo1sA_1Q

One thing that he mentions is that Gnomes are a little bit taller than Halflings so that could mean 2ST and not 1ST but he's talking about the Warhammer RPG and not Blood Bowl so who knows.
 Jump to: