15 coaches online • Server time: 06:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Math?goto Post Welcome Newcomers - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Today I played a game with my Vampire team:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4544320
I killed a Ghoul and raised him as Thrall, but he was not added to the roster after the match.
I know that you can't have more than 16 players on a Vampire roster, but my point is that, post-match, I wanted to replace a niggled Thrall with the one I resurrected (thus saving 40k).
Is that possible? I guess not, but I want to be sure.
In this case it didn't make a difference because I had enough gold, but since I have a 16-player roster a free Thrall could be useful in the future (I could lack gold to replace players, Thrall tend to be injured easily and all the Vampires are expensive).
I mean, it could be handy to have an option to decide to replace a player from the 16-man roster with a freshly (and healthy) resurrected one.
During post-match sequence (before putting the team on Ready status) the resurrected players could be temporarily placed in extra player slots, then the coach could decide the ones to keep and the ones to fire, then the team could be put on Ready status.
Something like that.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %08, %2024 - %20:%May; edited 4 times in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt, can you check the wording? I suspect that the player has to be added to your roster after the game, but before the hiring sequence, so unlike a journeyman, can't be hired after you fire someone. So if you have a 16 man roster, you can't do it.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I see, thank you! So, if I have a 16-man roster, raising Thralls is useless.
It would be better to have a rule stating that, in any match, you can't have more than 16 players (but the roster can temporarily have more than 16 in the post-match phase and maximum 16 in order to put it on Ready status).
It should not be broken (in the meaning of allowing more than 16 players during the current match), because the resurrected Thralls would be added to the team after the match and then the 16-player limit would be enforced in order to put the team on Ready status.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %09, %2024 - %11:%May; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, which us why i asked you to check the actual wording. My guess is GW doesnt worry about cases like this whrn they design the rule, which results in contradictory seeming rules that dont follow guidelines they've already established.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have the rules, this is why I asked.
It's not a big issue, but my point is that the 16-player roster limit and raising Thralls are not uncompatible with a flexible roster management allowing more than 16 players just in the post-match phase and maximum 16 players to put the team on Ready status (I'm not suggesting to have more than 16 players in a match with resurrected Thralls).
LIK

Post   Posted: May 09, 2024 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I just checked the Spike and the Rules. Spike says that you may raise the thrall during step 4 of the post game sequence (which is Hiring and Firing) which to me suggests that you would be able to fire a player and then hire the thrall. During step 4 your team is kind of in limbo where all these transactions are happening simultaneously. Imagine without the free thrall situation: you could already have 16 players but then hire 5 new ones whilst firing 5 old ones. What is the difference if one of them is the free thrall?
 Jump to: