70 coaches online • Server time: 20:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Buttercup

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

tautology wrote:
Here's an Elf team that takes on all sorts of challenges and has done so for quite some time:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=56562

Buttercup is a savy coach and they even play against Dwarves on occassion Exclamation
An interesting team, but no match for the powerful Wood Elf and Dark Elf teams that are possible IMO.
I would agree with Wossel, Elves and Dark Elves are amongst the weakest....until around TR 230 when Dark Elves begin to excel. Dark Elves may be a (relatively) close second to wood elves at the higher TRs.(250+)

Hey thanks for the plug! I think pro elves are fine on defence as long as you get leap as your first or second skill for the blitzers.

Dump off is good for your catchers also, but I have a multiblock/dauntless catcher with leap and he's a great cagebreaker (put all the assists on the cage guy you're multiblocking not on the ball carrier).

Even just having leap works great - On the blitzers I often take leap before I take dodge.

They ARE fragile though. Very fragile...

Buttercup
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Good looking team, sharky! Personally I'd take leap on the boy. Not sure if that's a waste of a double or not, but the way I reckon it, you're going to get your catchers surrounded on multiple sides when they go deep for the pass. Sure, NoS let's them catch the ball easily enough, but then what do you do with it? Wait for them to try to hit you so you can use dump-off to keep the ball? Or simply leap over their heads and streak for the endzone?

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Sure, NoS let's them catch the ball easily enough, but then what do you do with it?

Before the Pro Elves were even in divX, I had a pair of NoS, leaping, blodging HE catchers on a team.
It rocked.
On offense I could send just 2 guys deep and no matter who got blitzed, a safe-throwing passer meant I always had a serious scoring threat. On defense one can leap in and snag a loose ball (with a lucky pickup) and throw to the other to put it out of reach.

Now with the pro elves, anyone can have this for the small, small cost of (cheap) av7 linemen. Pro elves are basically meant to be stronger in the short term (cheap disposable linos and throwers plus uber-positional blitzers and catchers) and less so in the long term. That doesn't make them suck, simply different.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

In the case of pro elf, dump off/NoS is really great in defense, not only in attack. To be honest they don t need dump off in attack!
In defense it s really great. Your opponement cannot take the risk of losing the ball a single time. And with player MV8, STR3 you can easily be anywhere to do anything.

Obviously, kick is needed cause you can t afford a cage...

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

What about giving the blitzers Dodge,Leap,Strip Ball,Tackle?

Sounds like a great cage breaker to me

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ash wrote:
Your opponement cannot take the risk of losing the ball a single time.

... And when is this not the case?

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

when your opponent doesn't have hella fast agile players who score as soon as you lose it
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

>... And when is this not the case?

Rookie Chaos Dwarves blitz my Rookie Lizard's ball carrier...Bull Centaur fumbles the pick up...Skinks converge...Lizards score!

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Since Mezir hasn't done it yet heres a link to his team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=111404

I'm not too disappointed with my own performance shame I got badly hurt (oooh those Khemri). Sadly my counterpart tautology took a dirt nap but he can be replaced.

The fans seem to dislike elves too with the -ff after the game.

First skill pick - Wombats the lineman gets block

So the elves won their first game, lets see how they do against a good team shall we....

Last edited by Glomp on %b %26, %2004 - %23:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Glomp

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well there goes the second game for 'do pro elves suck'

A team of 11 ugly looking beastmen turned up to the repulsion of our plucky band of misfits. Inquisitorpustus was as always unfazed.

Wombats proved pretty useless failing a gfi with a re-roll and spending most of the game on his face

Mully also proved himself to be a fairly pointless person yet again by falling on his face at a crucial moment and getting blitzed by a beastman on a 5+ dodge roll while holding the ball (doh). He does make good line fodder though and the beasties did seem to enjoy stamping on his head Very Happy

Im also really disappointed in BadMrMojo who failed failed numerous times to simply pick up the ball (must be the smell of beastmen putting him off)

I of course put in an impressive performance scoring the games only two touchdowns, although I suppose I'd better give a bit of credit to wombats who did set me up with the second with an impressive if innacurate pass with the sun in his eyes.

A couple of one dice pows on the ball carryer rounded off an impressive performance.

Possibly a ff increase showing the fans are coming round to like this lot? Or maybe just me. Laughing

Skill picks - Mully becomes a better punchbag with +ST
Inquisitorpustus continues his ninja like ways with dodge (go blodgers!)

Good news! brownrob_ni has just joined the team as the plucky happy go lucky catcher. Go rob!

Last edited by Glomp on %b %27, %2004 - %00:%Aug; edited 4 times in total
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
...Im also really disappointed in BadMrMojo who failed failed numerous times to simply pick up the ball (must be the smell of beastmen putting him off)...

Hey, I'm a married man! My pickup skills are a little rusty...
<ba dum dum!>

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah no excuse dude you sucked. Razz I did say earlier that pro elf throwers were pretty poor but not in that way. You had to go for it a few times and you obviously found it a bit tricky to get into position for the throw. I still think they should have ma7...

or possibly surehands the first elven thrower to start with a basic skill required for basic passing plays. I dunno wadda ya reackon?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Raise their price to 80k or 90k and give them Sure Hands, it'd be a different type of Elf team for real then (and it would emphasize that they concentrate only on Blood Bowl, being Pros).

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

90k is a fair price for a thrower too. I realise that the idea is to make an affordable elf team but 10k can't hurt can it?
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

THese pro-elves have been my pride and joy for some time: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=58567 I especially like the catchers which truly were the heart of my team. But in the end I retired em because I failed to properly develop my linemen and as with many teams I just grew tired of em...