37 coaches online • Server time: 02:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Agree or disagree with the idea.
Agree categorically.
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Disagree categorically.
10%
 10%  [ 12 ]
30 days is too long.
78%
 78%  [ 94 ]
30 days isn't long enough.
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 119

BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The more rules we add, the less people will read them. It's sad but true.

Infractions are already policed by the Security Gorillas. Why not leave it at that? If someone drops and refuses to contact you, then submit a support ticket and leave it to those who have been entrusted with this sort of thing. Adding more rules will just lead to more confusion and (no offense to those posting opinions here) more whining and nitpicking.

- BMM (who really does vote Libertarian)

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

For a first time offence I'd be happy for people to get a warning that this type of behaviour is unacceptable since problems do occur on peoples computers which cause regular dropouts. Occasional big problems can mean someone dosent get back online for a significant period. I seem to remember Bunnypuncher being out for a few months. In this case its clearly not fair to wreck teams in order to free both teams up.

It might be a good idea for a 30 day limit for someone to contact you with an explantaion. I doubt anyone lives too far away from another internet connection so a pm both to the opponent and administration staff explaining what the problem is and when it is likely to be fixed would be a good solution. No reply bye bye game.

It keeps being hinted at that we all have permanent records of our behaviour on this site (bet mines terrible Laughing ) so serial droppers, who should be picked out by support tickets can be identified and banned. Possibly a harsher sentance than a 30 day ban as well since it really is a pain for his/her opponent and a month does seem a bit light (Daily Mail time). Im sure the administration staff who deal with these sort of things are good a spotting patterns by now and whether disconnects are likely to be computer problems or a way to cheat player death etc.
Revener

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah but since I HAD to retire my DE team I hate it when all other coacher get away with it, I really hate it. I loved that team.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

people who constantly do it will get reported a number of times and will get banned from the site totally

no one ever gets away with it, its logged onto their account and taken into consideration if they do it again
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ what grum said.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I cannot agree with you Ash. Let it happen and drop outs will become more frequently. Too many coaches around to make such a Black list.
olivers

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had a few game droppers but they tend to 'disconnect' after a kill, star player niggled or bad kick off then come back a few mins later before the save and hence get a better decision next time. Thats what annoys me.
Frankie

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

First an advice: after a good block select another player as fast as you can to save the game. Helps a lot.

On the other hand sometimes I'm thinking about dropping a game too even though I never did it. My reason for that is the kind of coaches who can't finish their turns in four minutes. I feel like that I've been trapped and if I don't want to suffer through the whole match (which can take more then two hours) my only chance is to shut down the machine with one single touch. I know that this sounds a bit cheap but which one of you wouldn't feel like that in a same case.

Although I know that that the problem has its own topic but I take the oppurtunity to attract the attention of you: there's really a need to control somehow the ultra-slow players too with either a turnover after four minutes or forcing them by the admins to concede. They are stealing other's time and ruining their fun.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Dang nabbit... I didn't read the first post until after I voted.. voted 30 days not long enough... thought it was a thread on how long we should ban serial droppers.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I cannot agree with you Ash. Let it happen and drop outs will become more frequently. Too many coaches around to make such a Black list.

it s not what i said... i said, submit the ticket and move on to another game... let the admin punish the cheater and don t be involved again...

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I had faith in the idea I could just put dropping players on my blacklist and never have to worry about them again, but then when you start noticing the people who are dropping on you have signed up only a month ago to fumbbl but have won their last 20 out of 25 games.... you get the impression it's not the first or only account the person has had on fumbbl..
Glomp

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Its because its not (well apart from the really good new players who've just joined). I've known a few people on here who've had more than one account.

As long as these people can change their IP i dont think they can be picked up as ex-members.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The admins are great about this sort of thing - Let them know and they'll fix it.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

olivers wrote:
I have had a few game droppers but they tend to 'disconnect' after a kill, star player niggled or bad kick off then come back a few mins later before the save and hence get a better decision next time. Thats what annoys me.

There are rules about that. I've never had this happen all my games, but if it happens to you take a screen shot before closing the client. They are required to reproduce the result--I seem to recall something about retiring the player involved too.
Zarkhor

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I do have confidence that the admins will act appriopriately regarding a game-dropper. However, since the resolutions to this are not documented, this can lead to some unnecessary despair about the situation.
 Jump to: