23 coaches online • Server time: 03:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Agree or disagree with the idea.
Agree categorically.
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Disagree categorically.
10%
 10%  [ 12 ]
30 days is too long.
78%
 78%  [ 94 ]
30 days isn't long enough.
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 119

m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If any of you have strong suspicions about a player operating more than one account, please submit a support ticket about them by clicking Support on the left menu bar and following the links to fill out the form. The admins appreciate all the help you can give... we can't be everywhere at once!
TheViking

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

2 weeks is too long...people want to play other matches with those teams...1 week is also too long for same reason...people who suffer from a crash can 99% of the time get to another computer within 2 days and tell the opponent/admins why...and people will probably understand it if there was a technical error...

Just my cents Smile
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The picture painted in this thread does not reflect what I've seen - Has anyone not had it fixed within a day of sending a support ticket?

From what I've seen the response time is minutes, rarely hours and certainly not days or weeks.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

One other question: yesterday I was platying and my connection dropped. The score was 0-0 (turn 3, 2nd half) and I was about to score when my conenction dropped. I could not get it started (my complete Internet access was down) and this morning when I wanted to send my opponent a PM with apologies and a solution, I noticed that he filed for a support ticket. Actually, I do not really know what that is, but I guess that means that we will not be playing and possibly sanctions will be taken against my team.

Is that the normal regulation? This is not meant as an offence of anything to the particular player, but when I got disconnected it was 1:05 am and I checked fumbbl.com this morning at 8:30 am...

Can anyone enlighten the situation?
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

DD's story is exactly the reason that we don't need more rules regarding disconnections. We just need to let the Gorillas do their job. They're quite capable, you know... that's how they got there in the first place.

Adding more rules simply hampers the admins ability to deal with specific situations, such as this. Why limit them through legislature if you don't have to?

In your specific story, DD, if anything comes of it, then just tell them what you just told us. You're fine. I'd also see if the coach in question wants to finish - it may have been a misunderstanding, negative experiences in the past or simply a bad day.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont see a problem for DD if it was isp trouble....Ive had mine go down for days...actually drove somewhere to use another pc lol.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

DD wrote:
One other question: yesterday I was platying and my connection dropped. The score was 0-0 (turn 3, 2nd half) and I was about to score when my conenction dropped. I could not get it started (my complete Internet access was down) and this morning when I wanted to send my opponent a PM with apologies and a solution, I noticed that he filed for a support ticket. Actually, I do not really know what that is, but I guess that means that we will not be playing and possibly sanctions will be taken against my team.

Is that the normal regulation? This is not meant as an offence of anything to the particular player, but when I got disconnected it was 1:05 am and I checked fumbbl.com this morning at 8:30 am...

*inquisitorpustus holds his hand up* It was me you played against. Basically its not a case of me running off and telling the administration staff that your a cheat its what I had to do according to the site rules in order to get a game that evening.

The only circumstances that I would resume a match under (over the 15 minutes) are ones where I'm really sure my opponent cheated and I want to force them to play in order to grind their team into the dirt. Since I couldnt be sure you did I decided to try and get another game before bed. (started to wish you had come back when I got to bed about three hours late)

The proceedure for disconnects (as a summary) is that I have to wait for the 15 minutes to see if you come back and decide whether to resume the match at a later date or call it off. I then have to send you a PM with my decision and file a support ticket with the administration (if I want to call the game off) staff by clicking on the support icon at the top of the page. The support ticket is really just to notify the staff of the dropped game and the circumstances.

No hard feelings mate I dont blame you for connection problems and I'm not especially upset. To be honest you looked to be in a pretty good position to beat me up. I just really wanted to get my team going that evening and wanted to play again.

Good luck with your next game, and at some point I might give you a rematch so you can beat my ass again. Wink

On a side note that actually has some relevance to the topic, this is a classic example of people having genuine problems with their computers and it might be a good idea to wait for an explanation rather than tearing them to shreds. Yes it can be annoying but try to have some empathy with people who have genuine problems and worry about coming back to the site only to find themselves being banned.

And in anycase if you want to continue they have a simple choice. Have their account banned or come back and let you have revenge. Twisted Evil

Play nice kids Wink
Markus

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

@ inquisitorpustus:

I didn't know and didn't find it in the rules that i have to submit a support ticket, if my opponent disconnected. Some days ago an opponent disconnected and didn't come back to the chat. Next day he pm'ed me his internet-connection dropped. I called the game off before that. Am i still obliged to file a support-ticket even though we made up our solution ourselves?

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Markus wrote:
...Am i still obliged to file a support-ticket even though we made up our solution ourselves?

You are not obligated to do so by the rules. The reason for doing so is to alert the admins if there is a possible breach of the rules... inquisitor pustus wasn't being a stickler as much as he was being a good citizen of FUMBBL.

If you've already worked things out with your opponent and you don't believe that any intentional abuses of the system occurred, no need to submit a ticket.

If you think that someone did (or could have) been cheating, then you should submit a ticket. It's not a rule, it's just good for the community as a whole. If it was a purely coincidental event, then the admins will see that the player has an otherwise spotless record and it is likely just an unfortunate accident. If it is someone cheating, then they have in all likelihood done so before and will attempt to do so again. These are the people who get caught and banned. This is a good thing.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
DD wrote:

*inquisitorpustus holds his hand up* It was me you played against. Basically its not a case of me running off and telling the administration staff that your a cheat its what I had to do according to the site rules in order to get a game that evening.

The only circumstances that I would resume a match under (over the 15 minutes) are ones where I'm really sure my opponent cheated and I want to force them to play in order to grind their team into the dirt. Since I couldnt be sure you did I decided to try and get another game before bed. (started to wish you had come back when I got to bed about three hours late)

The proceedure for disconnects (as a summary) is that I have to wait for the 15 minutes to see if you come back and decide whether to resume the match at a later date or call it off. I then have to send you a PM with my decision and file a support ticket with the administration (if I want to call the game off) staff by clicking on the support icon at the top of the page. The support ticket is really just to notify the staff of the dropped game and the circumstances.

No hard feelings mate I dont blame you for connection problems and I'm not especially upset. To be honest you looked to be in a pretty good position to beat me up. I just really wanted to get my team going that evening and wanted to play again.

Good luck with your next game, and at some point I might give you a rematch so you can beat my ass again. Wink

On a side note that actually has some relevance to the topic, this is a classic example of people having genuine problems with their computers and it might be a good idea to wait for an explanation rather than tearing them to shreds. Yes it can be annoying but try to have some empathy with people who have genuine problems and worry about coming back to the site only to find themselves being banned.

And in anycase if you want to continue they have a simple choice. Have their account banned or come back and let you have revenge. Twisted Evil

Play nice kids Wink

Hi there,
again it was no offence but I am new to this and wanted to know what the exact procedure was.

We'll talk later, thanks for the understanding!!

Ciao!
Glomp

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

No probs Wink

Its never inmpicitly stated that its mandatory to file a support ticket but the subtext from the rules, from admin forum posts and from the admins themself is that they want to know about these sort of issues.

If my opponent dosent turn up I file a ticket because its the sensible thing to do.