38 coaches online • Server time: 10:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Boelcke

Post 19 Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been said before...most of it...several times...
I don't care...I feel the need to complain...

Is fouling OK..?
Is stalling OK..?
Is it ok to field one-turners..?
Is it ok to push people into the crowd..?
Etc...

Of course it is...everything in the rules is bloody OK...

If you want it any other way then you have several options;

Check the opposing roster: MA 10 + Sprint means a one-turner...(duh)... Names like "Will bite your head off when you're prone" indicates that you are likely to be fouled...

Talk to your opponent: Clearly state before the game that you do not like stalling, fouling or whatever...however it still is in the rules...so you might be fooled and still have to finish the game...

Play to prevent it: It's hard to stop one-turners...unless you roll a blitz...and it's equally hard (and frustrating) to stop an "invincible" stall...but try, try and try again... Don't stand next to the angry crowd unless you have "Stand Firm" or "Side Step"... And, most importantly, if you don't want to be fouled...don't sleep on the pitch Smile

Start (or join) a group: There are several groups with specific codes of conduct...and the teams used in groups are in "Unranked"...thus it is "more allowed" to stretch the rules...

Well...that's about what I have to say for now...

Enjoy the game,

Boelcke.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh dear here we go again... Lock it down!!! Before we get consumed by it!
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Told you it had been said before...just wanted to complain about people complaining about it...
I.e. Stating the fact: Face it (the different tactics) or do something about it...don't whine...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Just one question....

Fouling is ok because it is in the LRB.

Is whining ok? I can't see any paragraph about "whining" in the LRB... Isn't it against the rules? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

It's definitely against the rules...that's why I'm calling this "illegal procedure" against all whiners...
Renegade

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop your bitching and join the Mortis Death-Bowl
Is your team up to Fumbbls most punishing competition? Enter if you dare...
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Boelcke: only 1 problem with that: talking about your in-game tactics before the game is technically illegal by the Fumbbl rules.
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Cthol, as I said:

Talk to your opponent: Clearly state before the game that you do not LIKE stalling, fouling or whatever...however it still is in the rules...so you might be fooled and still have to finish the game...
Zippy_Wonderdog

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the biggest problem with fouling and the subsequent deaths is when it comes to replacing players.
As it stands it will usually take about two games to replace a player and meanwhile your below strength team could still be taking some hard knocks.
If the fans want blood they should have to pay for it, I propose we raise the price of admission.
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually...that problem occurs no matter how they die...
However, the income is a bit of a problem. Admissions are the same....no matter what teams are playing... And the number of fans that do show up is only vaguely based on how good the teams are. It is not uncommon for a very experienced (good) team to have approximately the same fan-factor as they started out with. Of course, this is deliberately made in order to maintain balance...but it's still very dull...
Frankie

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Boelcke wrote:
Told you it had been said before...just wanted to complain about people complaining about it...
I.e. Stating the fact: Face it (the different tactics) or do something about it...don't whine...

You can often encounter irracional coaches who take fouling (or stalling, crowdsurfing, etc...) as a crime and some real idiots who complain about things that haven't even happened. I just put them on my personal 'moron' list. I advise you the same and you don't have to take care about them anymore. Wink
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a guy recently who moaned when I fouled his ratogre (only stunned it, unfortunately), and then proceeded to kill two of my elves and injure another with his Claw RSC blitzer. Had to concede the game before he killed my tree. Which is fine. I don't mind conceding, but just don't do that and then complain when I foul your big guy Smile
Frankie

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

My pearl of senlessness: almost a year ago I played against a necro team. I luckily killed his werewolf with a one dice block (I had to block him he was around my ballcarrier in the backfield). Then he adressed me as 'wanker' right off. That's nothing I know that the welfare brings up unbelievable idiots sometimes. In the next half his remaining dog continued to harvest my players, he was jumping around every time, no matter I outnumbered him at that point.

After the game he scandalized me in his match comment that I'm dirty as a pig and sneaky as a snake (I don't quote literally but the essence is in it) and other coaches should avoid me. His 'evidence' was that I killed his dog#1 and 'Frankie played all the game reasonably fairly, but always with one eye on gaining a foul opportunity.' - I had one or two fouls during the whole game. And his final sentence: 'Frankie, grow up.' Shocked

He hit me with 1 BH, 4 Si and a RIP. My stat was the following: 2 BH, 1 RIP. Rolling Eyes

And my final opinion about this little story: if my opponent threatens my ballcarrier in crucial situation, I will foul him, no matter it is turn 7. (He should stay on the ground wisely.)
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Boelcke: only 1 problem with that: talking about your in-game tactics before the game is technically illegal by the Fumbbl rules.

No....... Agreeing to in-game tactics is illegal. Merely mentioning your own personal style of play is harmless.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

It is also harmless to lie Smile Except to your rep.