78 coaches online • Server time: 23:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lamoron

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

As the officiel rules lawyer of our tabletop league, when someone comes to me, with a rather simple question, and I can't answer, I turn to the oracles, or just you guys.

For a simple Pass, we look up the Passers AG, find the required roll for a accurate throw, in this case AG 4 with no other skills.

Our passer must make a long pass, so needs a 3+ (AG4), -1(Long Pass) = 4+

The throw will look like this: 1-2 Fumbl, 3 Inaccurate, 4-6 Accurate.
If this is not correct, then I allready have my answer Smile

With AG5: 1-2 Fumbl, Inaccurate --, Accurate 3-6
(2+ needed, -1 modifier = 3+)

With AG6: 1-2 Fumbl, Inaccurate --, Accurate 2-6
(1+ needed, -1 modifier = 2+)

If I'm correct (wich I'm probably not), then with AG6, a roll of 2, it's both a fumbl and an accurate throw at once?

So please, someone explain to me, where I am misunderstanding something Smile cause I'm loosing sleep at night here, and the wording in LRB is really not helping me much.

Thanks
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

This leads me to an another question.

Accurate +1. pass distance -1. Since they are added to the dice roll the Fumbbl score keeps 1. (eg if dice roll=2+1(accurate)-1(pass distance)=2 so no fumbbl)
I.R.Baboon

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

A Fumble is a Fumble. Just as a 6 always succeeds. That's the answer to your question.

But now i have a question too: Since when is a 2 a fumble? (I don't spend much time in the internet looking up rule changes because i really don't care)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

@ lr raboon

What a great answer. Wink
Colin

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Unlike dodging and catching, throwing has a fumble on a result of 1 after modification as well as before it. Therefore, despite it counting as an accurate throw, if it is a 1, it's a fumble. I believe it's a game mechanic to distinguish genuine throwers with Accurate from some lucky Elf with a few +ag increases.

If you roll a 2 wen rolling for a long pass (-1) it becomes 1. (2-1=1). Hence a fumble.

You are mixing the diceroll with the result they aren´t the same thing due to the -1 modifier.

sk8bcn:
Why? That's the correct answer. If you roll a fumble you fumble and if you roll an automatic success, you succeed. Everything else are rolls between these. It doesn't matter what you need, if you roll a 1 you miss and if you roll a 6 you get it.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Lamoron wrote:
...With AG6: 1-2 Fumbl, Inaccurate --, Accurate 2-6
(1+ needed, -1 modifier = 2+)

If I'm correct (wich I'm probably not), then with AG6, a roll of 2, it's both a fumbl and an accurate throw at once?

Ok, you roll your die and check to see if it is either a fumble or an automatic success.
Then you apply modifiers and check again to see if it is a fumble.
Then you bother to determine if it is accurate or inaccurate.

With AG 6 and a long pass...
1. roll the die. Get a 2.
2. 2 is neither a 1, nor a 6, so keep going.
3. Apply modifiers, in this case, a -1. Your modified roll is 1.
4. Check to see if it is a fumble. It is. You fumble.
5. Don't bother with the rest... you've already fumbled the ball, dummy.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not understant it well. I mean they added a rule that says 1 after modifiers is a fumbbl to avoid thrower throwing the ball really deep in the opposite zone. Imagine a defense team pressured up in his end zone using Hail mary pass to throw it dispite TZ in the oppozing field. Somehow unreallistic and unfair (with skas that would be a great tactic)
I.R.Baboon

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

just what i said. Just step by step. BadMrMojo should open a BBschool. "BadMrMojo's School of BloodBowl"
kcbv-Kachas

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

No way. Im sure BadMrMojo will use a cane! :s
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Beat you to it, I.R.
FUMBBL Academy

I haven't actually done anything with it yet but once I have time (yeah right...), I intend to try to start actively recruiting both beginning and experienced coaches.

Sorry to drag this off topic, Lamoron.

ps. Canes are bad because they leave permanent damage, kcbv. I was gonna stick with a ruler to the knuckles, nun-style. Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Sorry to drag this off topic, Lamoron.

No problem, I allready have my answer Smile AG 6 is broken then, when it comes to passing anyway. So the right thing to do, when your AG5 Thrower Rolls +AG, is to take Accurate instead, since it reduces the chance of fumble, and +AG does not.

The point on restricting elves with two lucky AG rolls, is even a valid one, so I'm even going to think it's okay that way, AG6 still helps with insane dodges though, so it's still worth taking.

Thanks people, even the "less explicit" answers... sorry about the bad spelling, sunday-night drinking is a bad idea.
rick_s_chris

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lamoron wrote:

The point on restricting elves with two lucky AG rolls, is even a valid one, so I'm even going to think it's okay that way, AG6 still helps with insane dodges though, so it's still worth taking.

The extra AG also helps you when you need to make that insane pass with the passer standing in two enemy tackle zones, so you'll probably want it anyway. Think about picking up that ball in that huge cage and then throwing it out. Pretty nice I'd say.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say a dodge/sure hands/AG6 thrower would be a REAL pain in the a**...