93 coaches online • Server time: 21:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
This is more likely if the player has any opposing players breathing down his neck!

Yes, this makes sense when thinking about it IRL. I actually think it should work this way, but this is not the official rule. Anyway, there is an option to make it work like this. It is called "No Fumble From Range" and it only takes tackle zones into account for the purposes of determining a modified roll for a fumble. Of course you can NOT use this option in FUMBBL as that is not a LRB rule, but you can use it in games/leagues outside FUMBBL (and maybe even private leagues in FUMBBL?).

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
jetliracer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so that interpretation is maybe a bit far fetched.

But any thoughts on this?
jetliracer wrote:
I'm just wondering - if a '2' can also be a fumble then how can the AG5 thrower ever throw a long pass that is inaccurate?
If a '2' is a fumble and 3 is accurate then it eliminates the inaccurate throw altogether... Hardly seems to make sense.

And, yes, I do realize what the text under Fumble states quite clearly, but we can still debate the impact on other parts of the game.
Also as a result of the wording some passes become impossible, even if you roll a '6'. This happens for instance if you have 3 enemy TZs on you while attempting to throw a Long Bomb. Regardless of you AG.
Roll: 6
TZ modifier: -3
LB modifier: -2
Modified result:1 thus a fumble.

This goes against the principle of a '6' always being a success.

-jetliracer-
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

No it doesn't, a six is a succes before modifications.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

lol

jetliracer, when you roll a 6, you stop modifying the roll cause it is a success. the point of the "6 is always a success thing" is that even with zillions modifiers you wouldn't care.

and as for an AG5 player throwing, then yeah, his passes are either accurate or fumbled.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

As a conclusion it could be said that you'd better let that AG 5 guy do the long throws, so the AG 6 guy is free to catch, run, leap, dance around a bit, run some more, show his tongue to the opposing team, say na-na-nah and finally score a touchdown. (preferably in that order)
jetliracer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:
lol

jetliracer, when you roll a 6, you stop modifying the roll cause it is a success. the point of the "6 is always a success thing" is that even with zillions modifiers you wouldn't care.

LOL - of course you're right. I just got so caught up in the whole "fumble overrides everything".

But the fumble rule does mean that if you're ever trying to throw the ball with a -5 modifier your AG could be 1 or 6 or whatever - your chances are the same. I guess if you ever attempt that kind of pass it better be a game winner.
Petty though that the fumble rule overrides quite a few passes that would have been inaccurate. Triumph or fumble - no in between.
But rules are rules I guess.

-jetliracer-
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

jetliracer wrote:
I'm just wondering - if a '2' can also be a fumble then how can the AG5 thrower ever throw a long pass that is inacurate?
If a '2' is a fumble and 3 is accurate then it eliminates the inacurate throw altogether... Hardly seems to make sense.

-jetliracer-

Simple..be a Thrower with some skills like Accurate and/or Strong arm

One of the reasons for the fumble on a 1 or a modified one is to make players with actual passing skills more valuable than just some random elf with an agility increase or two.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
As a conclusion it could be said that you'd better let that AG 5 guy do the long throws, so the AG 6 guy is free to catch, run, leap, dance around a bit, run some more, show his tongue to the opposing team, say na-na-nah and finally score a touchdown. (preferably in that order)

Hehe Agreed. I have a LionWarrior with AG6 on my IRL High Elf team, and he does pretty much that, in that order too Smile
theopacman

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

With those skills it won't be long before he gets the accurate anyway
Slick

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

AG6 is still useful especially for someone with passblock skill. You can dodge more effectively into tackle zones. Also just remember a rolled 1 is an auto-fail no matter what you are doing so keep that in mind.
For Admins: Also was wondering do you apply all modifiers before determining if the player fummbled. Example: Roll 2, Long Pass -1, Accurate +1 = Result 2 where AG5 or 6 is accurate pass.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

all modifiers count..but unless the Agilty 6 player has accurate, he'll fumble it on that roll (roll 2, lp -1 = 1) while the Agility 1 player with accurate (is there such a beast?) would not fumble the ball (it'd be inaccurate, but not fumbled.. Roll 2, LP -1, Accurate +1 = 2)

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Must admit I once had an AG6 D.Elf Blodging Blitzer. I used him for picking up the ball in 3 or 4 tackle zones after I'd stip balled it..
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow I thought I recognised the thread name , proper trawling to bring this one back
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Think I 've been browsing the 'rules' forums abit too much.. Mr. Green
 Jump to: