62 coaches online • Server time: 16:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Pro Bloodlustgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Topper

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

code tags?
but thx, allthough the catchers are one square further out
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2004 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't count on getting a blitz either, but I also don't want to waste the opportunity. I personally don't worry overly much about my catchers getting blitzed cuz any blitz is a problem when everyone has AV7. I also don't worry about setting up a square away from the sideline when there are Frenzy players because I will just put sidesteppers there (which I tend to get early with catchers).

I'm not saying you don't have a point in not exposing your catchers, I just don't give as much weight to your reasons as you do. If anything, I see more offensive blitzes on my WDs than my catchers. I'd rather have the speed up front where it can better take advantage of screw ups.

For the record, I don't even buy catchers until I have linos developed how I like (2+ skills each). Otherwise the little bastards just soak up too many TDs by virtue of them often being in the best position through skills and speed to pull off a critical score. If you don't have the temptation to use them (by not having them), its much easier to develop the linos.
annachie

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

After reading up on tactics and all that, I end up with one question.

What type of opponent should a brand new Woodie team be seeking (if possible Smile )
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

annachie wrote:

What type of opponent should a brand new Woodie team be seeking (if possible Smile )

Same as any other, a fun one.

Seriously, at TR 100, there's no need to dodge games. 'Zons, Flings or Gobbos vs dwarves will suck but only to a bearable degree.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
annachie wrote:

Same as any other, a fun one.

Seriously, at TR 100, there's no need to dodge games. 'Zons, Flings or Gobbos vs dwarves will suck but only to a bearable degree.

I'd add one more tip: a fun one with a high Fan Factor! Early cash is key to your rookie wood elves!
 Jump to: