84 coaches online • Server time: 20:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post 5 Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems people have differing views on this, so I am going to ask peoples opinions in this thread;

With Wild Animal, a normal move requires a 4+, A Blitz or Block, 2+

If a coach declares a Blitz with a WA to move him only, without any intention of making a block, would you consider this;

A) A fair option for the one Blitz per turn he is allowed.

B) Using the fumbbl client program rules to over rule LRB wording to unfairly improve his position (similar to moving in pass block without reaching the required squares).

or

C) Something completely different.

From what I can see it will primarily come up when a Minotaur is being used as a ball carrier.

I am personaly currently under opinion B, as I believe a Blitz move should contain a Block, but I stand ready to be corrected / advised otherwise.

Please dont ask why or for what I am asking this question, I purely have a different perspective from someone else, and would like to get other views.

Cheers
Buggo

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I can see, the rules only say that you are ALLOWED to do a block.

EDIT: Forgot. I vote A.

Last edited by Buggo on %b %05, %2004 - %23:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Defininetly A, blitzes are expensive enough.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

No. It says quote: "A blitz allows the player to move and make a block."

So he is allowed to move <b>and</b> block. He is not allowed to simply move he is allowed to do both. Being allowed to do both isn´t the same as being allowed to do either or both.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont see a problem. Please disregard fluff and follow the game rules children.
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Peacedove wrote:
I dont see a problem. Please disregard fluff and follow the game rules children.

So, basicaly, what you are saying is that as long as I have my own interpretation (even if it is against everyone elses) I´m not breaking the rules because I could interpret it that way even if it there are flaws who makes my argument invalid?

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I belive it is playing the rules to your advantage kinda like a loop hole, i would certainly bitch slap anyone trying to pull that rubish on me in a table top game
HoboJed

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Rimmer, so are you saying that anybody who declares their blitz, uses the block straight away, fails to push away the opposing player, and then elects not to use the movement due to the risk of having to dodge away, is cheating?
Glomp

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm... nothing in the rules to suggest that this is an illegal action. If you miscount the squares on a blitz it isn't illegal proceedure.

Not quite sure why people are whinging.

Nope not cheating at all...

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Rimmer, so are you saying that anybody who declares their blitz, uses the block straight away, fails to push away the opposing player, and then elects not to use the movement due to the risk of having to dodge away, is cheating?

Good point HoboJed Very Happy

No cheating. Blitzing to move follows the rules. You can do it even in official tourneaments in RL.

So what?

EDIT: Obviously, I vote A.
...and I put against the wall anybody who fails to follow my example. Wink

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %06, %2004 - %00:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
Azmo

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Without going too far into lawyers territory, as stated, "A blitz allows the player to move and block". It doesn't say "forces or the player must". Just an inovative way to get your WA to where you need him. Remember, you are sacrificing the only blitz of your turn, it's not as if you get this opportunity for free.
phreaky1

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

OK guys... if someone wants to waste a Blitz action on MOVING their W.A.... Let them... that means that it is one less person that he can hit!
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

most spastic argument ever, no more can be said

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

This was asked and answered by the rules committee

The short answer is you may declare any action and not be FORCED to complete the action. Thus you can declare a blitz, pass, foul, etc and end your move before doing the action.

So it is completely legal.

The penalty is basically losing your blitz action for the turn

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I often choose "Foul" just to move a player, just for the fun of it... Twisted Evil

"A foul a day keep Wuhan away".
-Wuhans Fouling Bootcamp

ehm, I vote A.
 Jump to: