37 coaches online • Server time: 11:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Trog

Post   Posted: May 10, 2003 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I played xJx's WE team with my HE team, during the match we were disconnected and when it reconnected he only had 10 players on the field, out of 11.
xJx still saw his guy but I didn't, I did not have to move through any tackle zones around the "invisible" player and could not throw a block at him.
I conceded the match and have zip file saved to send to skiJunkie if he wants it.
Is this a common or even known bug?

Thanks in advance.

Trog
xJx

Post   Posted: May 10, 2003 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It was weird seeing one of his players just walk around my player, without making any dodge rolls. After I scored, Trog couldn't see his players (I could see them in his dugout) so we reloaded. After that, I scored again (reloaded to the start of the turn where I scored) and this time Trog once again couldn't see one of my players, most propably the same lineman he couldn't see earlier. At this time we decided to throw the game off and save the .zip files in case they are helpful in uncovering the bug.
Linxter

Post   Posted: May 11, 2003 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I have experienced the same ting. I think it might have to do with the proxy. There was some problems with it. Might still be buggy.
AlphaX

Post   Posted: May 11, 2003 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen this when the game is reloaded - the turns were "out of sync" - maybe related to a blitz having occured before ? Maybe the saves are for different turns ?
talpa

Post   Posted: May 11, 2003 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I had experienced the same thing 3 times in the last 3 day....
fzman

Post   Posted: May 11, 2003 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also having the same problem with my players not showing up on my opponenents side, its happend with 3 of my teams so far, and its a random player, or in the case of my humans one game 2 guys were missing, and its not because of a out of synch after disconnect as this from the setup, before anyone is on the field.

Also if i place the invisible guys on the field, whenever i select them for an action it makes the client reconnect.
LordIrmis

Post   Posted: May 11, 2003 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Had that bug 2. D/o new java and it worked. (1.4.2 beta) But I'm not sure if will next time.
LordIrmis

Post   Posted: May 11, 2003 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Had that bug 2. D/o new java and it worked. (1.4.2 beta) But I'm not sure if will next time.
xJx

Post   Posted: May 11, 2003 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Happened once again. I was hosting through the proxy. I scored and after that my opponent couldn't see his players and my #16 on LoS. I had few disconnections/reconnections during the match before the players disappeared.

--
xJx
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

yes same Problem. I could not see the player and he could block me. But I was able to move to his zone as if the player was not there. EVERYTIME ghostplayer moves, xJx disconnected and reconnected. I hope this helps

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Some furter info i might add, I've started a couple of new teams, and in the first game with one of them i am not having the problem, so afterwards i'll try a team with the error to see if its the roster or not
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

How many of these problems are through the proxy and how many are direct connected games?

It seems that games through the proxy can easily get out of sync if it is the proxy itself that is losing the connections.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Our game yesterday was over the proxy.

Before that I had never this prob.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just experianced this same thing, after my first turn one of his players dissapeared and then when he selected it it would discon us from eachother
cataphract

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I have experienced a similar thing through direct connect but it was a few versions ago