109 coaches online • Server time: 21:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Snorri

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Stealing the Thunder from the Legends of Yore!

It seems there are some despicable lackeys out there on the field running under the same guise/nick of some of the greats of their team in days gone by. The bums in the audience will no longer tolerate it! Anyone found disrespectfully playing under the same name as that of a former player (on the same team) will be automatically discounted from receiving a twahnlow's award. Seriously though, the result html's only key in on player names (not their id #'s) which aren't unique, so there's no feasible way to distinguish between players that have been given the same name.

If you can't find that elusive creative spark for new names, using numeral suffixes to key them is fine, just as long as the string is different in some way (e.g. Bonza IV).

Cheers,
Snorri.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

A few games outstanding... we hate to do it, but we will wield the axe tomorrow (Tues) on the following games:

HORNY TOADS vs BLACK WATER BLITZERS... no communication guys!

PERTH GORY vs SOUTHERN WASTE WARRIORS... again, nothing posted...

FORM GUIDE vs TENEBRAE... Whitey will win this one... where is Chrode?

PENO PANCAKES vs FORZA FERRARI... satans mech has been ill, VolCom let me know this, a short extension granted, thx guys Smile
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Buzzrocks had a very busy schedule this week. We were endevouring to play today, but must of missed each other. If we couldn't play today I think he'd be able to play tomorrow.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry SoS, but I already forfeited it. Everyone needs to use the bloody system we have in place. That swladmin@hotmail.com email address wasn't setup for fun. Use it, or risk copping an unwanted forfeit.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah sorry but i work everyday except mon/tues and got called in this monday so missed the deadline... if theres a way we can still play this tuesday 23rd nov then that would be good, otherwise ill just make sure to put something in the admin box from now on...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Extensions are freely given guys if at least one of you send an email to the admin acct.

Otherwise, no communication, we assume you are holding up the league and I get chunky to get out his big axe!
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about the Twahnlow thingie... had no idea that extended to Swamp teams too.. will stop renaming them the same thing.
As is, only have two players who've been replaced, Uvatha the Horseman and Adunaphel. Discount them by all means. Had no idea.
Just wanted to have an original looking and shiny team when they finally hit conferences.

Apologies again for any inconvenience, this was not an intentional move to grab a Twahnlow.. didn't even know I was in the running.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm the Twahnlow ladder hasnt updated after my match with Plat as Shamino has 5 cas this season not 2

and Speedy has 4 Td's not 3 but yeah it just appears like my match with plat hasnt been counted yet

does the table autoupdate or do you have to do it manually Snorri?
Snorri

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

As it was, it would autoupdate on the hour Michael, so long as my computer was on. Been a few mishaps over the weekend though. I've been off in Sydney/Gold Coast for a couple of days, flatmate tells me we had a blackout which looks as though it dropped my computer. To add to that, looks like Christer's moved or blocked the zip files on fumbbl, so its currently out of action. Hopefully wont take too long to sort out Smile

Cheers,
Snorri.
Sp00n

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

admins, i posted a message to the email a few days ago regarding my stunty team not being in the comp. The team has been placed in the extras list but not in the playable list. The team has been there before the comp started, can i please get added in? thanks
Snorri

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahnlow's is back up. Christer had done some house cleaning on fumbbl and moved the game result files around.

Cheers,
Snorri.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

sp00n, done... replaced chunky's Powergreen team...
Snorri

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully the last Twahnlow news till the awards!

It's been moved on to a permanent server now and shouldn't need any more tlc from me (if kicking it to death counts as tlc). The new address is at

http://www.snorriheim.com/swl/twahnlow.php

If one of the admins (chunks/clay/twahn) could relink the addy from the swl 7 page that would be great.

Some answers that need questioning:

A1 - The script updates the ladder every 15 mins. If you find the page loads up empty tables, its probably in the middle of an update. Check the server time on the page and if its one of 00/15/30/45 (mins) then give it a couple of minutes and try again.

A2 - It also has a link to manually update. Try not to go trigger happy on this - check the last update time before hitting it!

A3 - Shake the magic 8 ball.

A4 - Hassle gumbi with your question.

That should be about it. Time for me to go hit the road (cycling) for a while in a desperate attempt to convince myself I'm not getting geeky.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>LEAGUE NEWS: Round 4 Extensions</b>

An extension for Kozzi and buzzrocks has been granted for Tuesday...

Snorri and chrode have tried to arrange for Sunday/Monday with no luck... again, an extension until Tuesday...

<b>Volcom</b> and <b>Sp00n</b>?? No word from you guys!

Same with <b>Drokmar, Rennigeb, Zippy_Wonderdog and beefygoodness</b>....

You guys have not long before the axe falls!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>MORE LEAGUE NEWS</b>

<b>Uncle_Smed and chunky04</b> have been promoted to the Conferences... congrats guys Smile

What this means though is that all the active teams in the Swamp are now gone, and we now consider the Swamp to be somewhat stagnant (get it?)

Therefore, Twahn has tirelessly killed off the Swamp, re coded teams and reconstituted the SWL QPool with all of the Swamp teams and the QPool.

For coaches in both the Swamp and QPool, your Swamp team has been retained.

The QPool will be a 1pt for playing concept with a TR cap of <b>180</b> - a compromise between the 170 and 190...

Any Conf spots that come up for grabs will be taken from the QPool...

Good luck and have fun...

PS - the Kozzi / Buzzrocks game will be played tomorrow or the axe will fall... as it did on all the other games tonight...
 Jump to: