68 coaches online • Server time: 21:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think?
Good idea
44%
 44%  [ 38 ]
Bad idea
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Too many unions already
25%
 25%  [ 22 ]
Could be good with some thought put into it
14%
 14%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 85

Snorri

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

While on the dwarf trivia...

The lads in the swl have come acroppa against some rampaging dwarven teams lately, to the extent that a couple of them coined the term G.O.D. (not exactly sure who started it) which appears to have stuck. Anyone responsible for bushwhacking a dwarf appropriately can claim they're part of G.O.D. - Genocide of Dwarves.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Smiley bomb!, Smiley bomb! Image Image Image

Don't tempt me.

Bunny does still run the EMU, he's just shirking his responsabilities!
How do you expect us to defeat the elven terrorists??? Eh? Eh?

Your either with us or against us...

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on people.... show some backbone. At the time of writting this 19 people have said its a good idea but you havnt posted here to say you actualy want to join. You cant all be dwarf coaches laughing at us. Laughing
Lets go stomp some beardies.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
Thats a fair point Mully but ive been playing and speccing EMU games all season and havnt seen a single turn 8 foul..... or turn 7 or realy 6 for that matter. If people are going to be jerks and foul on turn 8 then they deserve the reputation that they get but the mu's dont seem to cause them too. As for not playing to win thats rediculous cuz you get extra points for the win and i know ive tried to win all my EMU games (my lack of talent has been a hinderence) and so have the other coaches. Most of the games are in ranked and so affect coach rating and i doubt there are many of us who like losing anyway.
I can totaly understand why people dont like the MU's but do you realy think Dwarfs have anything to fear. Its almost impossible to hurt the lil' buggers anyway and i would think that most Dwarven coaches would actualy apreciate the chance to get games. This will be a mangling union for people who realy like a challenge (or like me are too stupid to realise the risks).
I was hoping that we would have a Dwarven Defense Leauge table or somthing similar to encourage the Dwarfs to realy try to humiliate us.
If your man (or woman) enough to set yourself a real task i urge you all to voice your interest here.
DO YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO HUNT DWARFS? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

thats a lie, pred fouled me turn8

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol. Well thats pred.... i forgot about him. He doesnt count anyway Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

he is a member of emu..... he had won the game (by luck may i add) fouled my blitzer niggled him and said yes i wont get a negative score..................................
things like this make me wanna make emumu Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

But pred is not representative of EMU coaches. He gives us a bad name. We're realy all very friendly, soft cuddly people. Wink
As for your EMUMU all it did was prove that all elf coaches are too cowardly to even defend their race.
I cant ban turn 8 foulers from the DMU but i would strongly recomend against it. If a coach does foul on turn 8 (of the seconed half) the dwarven coaches who will be posting in the same thread can enourage each other to take revenge for their fallen brothers.
And lets face it..... dwarfs have less to fear even from dirty player turn 8 fouls than elves do.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

why no orcs? as an answer to your question, let me tell you why, ORCS ARE BROKEN> TOO MUCH STRENGTH! TOO HIGH AV! TOO CHEAP POSITIONAL PLAYERS! TOO MANY POSITIONAL PLAYERS! is that not enough?

ask any coach who who knows his bloodbowl. orcs are by far the best teams in the league. next up maybe chaos dwarves or dwarves. but orcs definitely the best.

i feel rather a DMU, we should have an OMU, (there are far more orc teams than dwarf teams). i'd be the first to join the OMU!

seriously, because the admins dun do something about the greeskins, we should start culling them ourselves.

WAAGGH ORC! (Waste And Apathetically Gore Greenskins Happily) !!!

now who's with me??!!
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You may well be right about orcs but its a bit much listening to a dwarf coach moan about em.....and yes... i do "know my bloodbowl".
The main reason this all came about was a hatred of the boredom that comes with dwarf games.

Oh and by the way..... its very difficult to do somthing both apatheticaly and happily at the same time.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe - well u see thats the beauty - I have bottemless pockets on the internt:D

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

And Paulhicks has a point - there are some positive points on the poll - so those that are in approvel of this league - then please post.

Without sufficient feedback and ideas I will not start something up just to let those that have real interest, down, due to half hearted yes´s or maybe´s.
POST! POST! POST!

Bring your ideas into this folks - can be any idea - WE ARE A COMMUNITY - so let us all add some fuel for thought. And maybe we can come up with some new fun ideas or even just some old but improved upon ideas - I did not start this just for my own good - I posted this forum after the conversation with fellow Fumbblers - to try and add something for us all.
Christer and many others including admin contribute heavily to the well being of Fumbbl.com - so can we - ordinary coaches (even some crappy ones like me) can all help and add ideas. Maybe a DMU or maybe something else - so comeon folks - bring into this thread ideas - not just for a DMU, I now open it up for all suggestions.
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on folks - I see the polls being voted on but little feedback....

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Especialy if your voting for needs more thoughts.... give us yours.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

well.. i am a dwarfcoach.. but would be happy to join with another team.. death to dwarfs.. except my own..
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Brilliant idea! I'll play my orcs on one side, and I'll make a dwarf team too! In fact if you open it to include Chaos Dwarves (although they play differently) you could help reunite these two brother races separated at birth.

Can't we just all get along?

Orcs go Waaaagh, everyone else goes waaaah! Twisted Evil

Da_Todfatha
 Jump to: