83 coaches online • Server time: 21:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
5 + 5 roll
Block
31%
 31%  [ 28 ]
+MA
61%
 61%  [ 55 ]
Pro
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 89

Smess

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA
Smess

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA
heinz

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

hey - u only rolled it once ;/

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i wonder if po would get him out of take root

Goodbye Cusi
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah and youd be much better doing +MA then block
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

"i wonder if po would get him out of take root"

No it doesn´t since PO only workes if you follow up a block and when you are takeing root you are not allowed to follow up.

Last edited by Rimmer on %b %18, %2004 - %18:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

arktoris wrote:
and for the record, I totally agree with inquisitorpus. there aren't even enough strength skills for a Big guy to take during his career...a flaw in this rule change that BBRC have no excuse overseeing...especially since they fancy themselves expert enough to be some sort of bloodbowl authority.
Oh for pete's sake ... so every report you ever turned in never had a typo for school???

So nice to have to be perfect when the rest of the world doesn't have the same requirement.

Without getting into the details ... the discussion on the Ogre team and no General skill access for BGs was mixed with several topics that were under much heavier debate ... this really isn't a problem and is fixable but yeah we forgot to add a disclaimer about what happens with the current rules for these players until the Vault's extra ST skills kick in a couple of years from now.

Simple enough fix ... we already had worked out the rule for this situation for Vault 1.4 and I see Christer already clarified this the way I expect it to be clarified.

Quote:
if no remaining new skills are available for this player to take, then the player may treat the skill roll as if he had rolled doubles.

Galak
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So let's see...str skills...mb (BG comes automatically)...Break Tackle (6), Guard (16), Multi-block (31), PO (51)...so if you ever get a BG up to 76 spps for his fifth skill, you'll be allowed to take block and pro and all the other fun stuff once more. Of course, good luck avoiding aging by this point...not to mention how many BG's actually get up to that many spps? In all my teams, I've only ever had one single BG get to his 51 spp skill roll, let alone beyond...

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
...not to mention how many BG's actually get up to that many spps? In all my teams, I've only ever had one single BG get to his 51 spp skill roll, let alone beyond...

Check the stats page.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
not to mention how many BG's actually get up to that many spps? In all my teams, I've only ever had one single BG get to his 51 spp skill roll, let alone beyond...
And that was WITH General skills. Without Block and Tackle or Sure Hands ... it takes a lot longer to get SPPs for BGs.

Galak
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

they made shit players from big guys ... It takes time to make em rise an ability...and when it raises you cant even get block...so annoying.
Same goes for skaven linemen...They cant get dodge now...Great! Av7, so you fall and fall and fall and fall.
Thanks for make my hate to GW bigger each day Jervis. If you want us to spend our $$ in your games, at least make em playable.
Is there a point in breaking something that works? Yeah, spoiling the fun of hundreds of fans.
*hugs his tabletop game*
..l..

Last edited by Tesifonte on %b %19, %2004 - %15:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Flynn

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

the rules review fixed something too
and big guys shouldnt be on normal teams anyways
AND GIVE ME MY OGRES BACK
but thanks for making my trees better
i couldnt stant the old take root
made halflings unplayable

Goodbye Cusi
Azurus

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, does anyone remember back when star players were the only big guys?

The game was still fun back then, and you're not even losing BGs, just a skill or two...

I for one would be glad if BGs were made so bad nobody would ever take them. But they aren't. They're making them effectively equivalent to a positional player, and everyone still takes them, right?

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Tesifonte wrote:
they made shit players from big guys ... It takes time to make em rise an ability...and when it raises you cant even get block...so annoying.
Same goes for skaven linemen...They cant get dodge now...Great! Av7 and you cant get dodge as before, so you fall and fall and fall and fall.
Thanks for make my hate to GW bigger each day Jervis. If you want us to spend our $$ in your games, at least make em playable.
Is there a point in breaking something that works? Yeah, spoiling the fun of hundreds of fans.
*hugs his tabletop game*
..l..

Why dont you go make a game that thousands of people enjoy and leave playing bloodbowl for people who can appreciate the game for what it is .
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Tesifonte wrote:
...Same goes for skaven linemen...They cant get dodge now...Great! Av7 and you cant get dodge as before, so you fall and fall and fall and fall...

i dont think skaven linos ever could pick agility skills...
 Jump to: