28 coaches online • Server time: 02:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it is your total dismissisal of a change that could vastly improve the league, or the way you implement a change into Unranked which has nothing to do with you and potentially kills any stunty tournaments in U stone dead. Two hours? I spent more than that today working on new stunty rosters for your leeg.... I don't get any visible recognition or even any hope they might actually be used. So what. If you want lots of adoring fans make a 'I love peikko' thread. If you want respect implement changes you say you will promptly not just half way after weeks of waiting, or making changes to a division totally seperate from what we have here.

There are plenty of comments about improving stunty. Mainly they revolve around 'strigoyan/squigs/cheaters/gnomes suck! they need help'. Big guys were the major problem for those teams. This helped dramatically. You dismissed it. Goodbye stunty leeg, hope you're in better shape in the future.
gken1

britnoth is argueing about Unranked which isn't stunty...gobbo/fling crossover....
hunter

Quote:

Unranked has all the races that stunty leeg has. It has had them for quite some time now.

Please try to read and understand what people say before making meaningless and inaccurate replies that just troll... oh and learning what races are available in each division might be a bonus too.

Well, I'm not trying to get too involved here, but it looks like you should probably take a look yourself at what races are available in each division. There are a handful of stunty teams that are currently not available to create in U. Shocked

~hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Maybe it is your total dismissisal of a change that could vastly improve the league, or the way you implement a change into Unranked which has nothing to do with you and potentially kills any stunty tournaments in U stone dead.

What the - why? You make the tourney, you set the rules. Dissallow General skills on big guys - problem fixed. Please don't compare the admin job here with something fun like playing around with roster ideas. I did that thing long enough to know how much nerves and strength it costs to keep this site going. 2 hours can be quite a lot of hell.

-Mnemon
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth.. just chill out and don't worry about it.. Peikko isn't going to take any feedback from outside a select circle so don't waste your breath.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Peikko isn't going to take any feedback from outside a select circle so don't waste your breath.

That is exactly why Im taking part in this thread here, just for the fun of not reading your opinions. Thats exactly why I have told solution for you. Do you read these messages or is your contibution only "I won't bother explaining why... because... it won't matter."? if youre acting like spoiled children when youre not getting your way through just the way you want please do not take part of something that was ment for serious discussion.

Last edited by peikko on %b %18, %2004 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Do not complain about me when I try to help in avoiding a problem with how FUMBBL works when you don't appear be bothered to consider it youself as an administrator. Who has the bad attitude here?

{ edit: quote added, since there's a bunch of posts between what I responded to and when I entered it. }

It's sort of ironic that I went off on a perceived slight from peikko in an earlier thread and here he is stuck in the same spot. The whole admin thing is not just something that provides bragging rights. It is a responsibility (in this case, responsible for the enjoyment of coaches playing around 100-150 stunty games per day!) and, frequently, an outright pain in the ass.

Speaking of pains in the ass, you're being one right now, Brit*. You asked who has the bad attitude and my official answer* is that you both do, to an extent, but you are clearly in the wrong here and that peikko at least has an excuse - namely that this is his problem to deal with.

Peikko's been given, as I understand it, pretty much ultimate responsibility for Stunty Leeg. In the end, he has to deal with anything that could possibly go wrong with the entire division. Do you think it's safe to, in return for selflessly taking on such responsibility for your own enjoyment and entertainment, you can give him a bit of a break and at least restrain yourself from degenerating into name calling?

Give it some time to play out. Let the admins do their jobs rather than pestering them into the forums to defend themselves (and counterattack, in this case) against all this petty crap. If it doesn't pan out, we can try to change it. In the meantime, pointless bitching and slander (from all sides) just isn't helping anything.

/me has spoken. Now knock it off!**

* with the usual caveat that this is simply my humble opinion. What else can I possibly post aside from my opinion?

** ok, that wasn't really a humble opinion... but let me have my little delusions of grandeur. Or, even better, come flame me instead. Not like you're taking me away from anything productive in the process.

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %18, %2004 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth/Bunnypuncher - I don't even understand what the issue is. Just explain this for stupid people, please Smile

What I see - stunty stays as it always was - which so far nobody really complained about - maybe a bit unbalanced, but that was never what it aimed for and I personally just like the insane, whacky thing about it. I specifically don't want any balanced, competitive league there. As I didn't hear any complains of the type that you two bring forward the whole time stunty has been running from those playing in the leeg and enjoying it I just wonder where this originated from :/

Now yes the rosters exist in U as well - but anything you do in U is entirely up to you - you set the rules for yourself and any tourneys you decide to host.

-Mnemon

Last edited by Mnemon on %b %18, %2004 - %22:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Really though, is this something to worry about? Would loss of G access for Big Guys on Stunty teams increase their popularity? It wouldn't for me personally, but it sounds like perhaps for others it would. I certainly wouldn't want to be without G access if I were playing them in Unranked, what with the other major differentials between Stunty and regular LRB teams (e.g., strength, armor, proneness to injury, etc.).

Maybe someone should create a poll? (/me exclaims "not it!")

Oh, and if coaches have problems with particular S teams needing a boost, perhaps it would be worthwhile to create a thread dedicated to this for each team of concern? That way everyone can talk about them in concentrated areas. Such threads may already exist- I have not looked yet.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

They do, hunter Smile

-Mnemon
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus goes off to find the 'counterstrike players are taking over' thread

No I'm not sure where this idea of stunty needing to be competative came from but its a very dull idea.

The obvous way to do this is for some of the people who dislike gen access for stunty big guys so start up a league in order to gain some test data.

Then you can prove you were right in the first place and can say 'I told you so'.

See much better.

inquisitorpustus skips off into the sunset

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

how about lose the big guys and make a couple of normal players from the team but allow them throw team mate in place of stunty

bit like if they had drunk some gummi berry juice!
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Not fluffy enough.

The image of a giant house sized monster throwing midgets around the pitch has been around for a loooong time.

...and it never gets old.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
if youre acting like spoiled children when youre not getting your way through just the way you want please do not take part of something that was ment for serious discussion.

Because I have never seen a thread started by you that resulted in anything other than a retrenching of your original position. So serious discussion is rather a moot point.

Not picking on you alone here, we are all guilty of this... you just might want to tone down the my way or the highway routine a bit as that is how it comes across to many.

I may be mistaken in my interpretation of your intent.. hell maybe you really do want a discussion and weigh some options.. but that isn't how it comes across to me...

Not that I'm making friends with Britnoth here or anything.. I think he's mainly just a less voluminous version of toby/force... with maybe one or two redeeming qualities.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Because I have never seen a thread started by you that resulted in anything other than a retrenching of your original position. So serious discussion is rather a moot point.

Usually when I have started thread about something I havent even had any original opinion. Here is couple examples from last threads:

Goblins and halflings:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3753
result: halflings got back access to ogres from someones else idea.

Stunty stars:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2683
All but one star was from this or other thread and cerated by someone else than me.

Squigs:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3699
Ok, here YOU ppl voted for offered change
 Jump to: