37 coaches online • Server time: 17:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Would you ever do this ?or is it just sad
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, some people only like to play the game when they´re lucky. Let them. Their loss.

M

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a game last night where on turn 0 a PI SI'd one player and then stunned half my remaining team. Then my opponnent's first block was a BH. But that was the end of my bad luck and I won 2-1. Most of the time if you have horrible early luck you can't afford to conceed--you need the cash to rebuild.

My only conceed in a loooong time was vs a CD all-guard squad. I foolishly thought it might be a fun match until after the first several turns I realized why I retired my own CD squad. No offense to CD coaches--more power to you, but to me that's mind-numbing boredom.
Cragganmore

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i only quit when i see that this game will be wasted time...so why should i finish it when he onlky destroy my team and all failed at my side? so i take the -1 ff and no winnings and the lost but i have a team which can play the next game without any nigglings and mng or dead ones...
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

i think id done 1 bh
it was 0-0 and nearly end of first half
Cragganmore

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

and the dead one when i used my apo???
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe your opponent just wasn't having fun. Maybe his dog just died. Maybe he just got dumped.

Who knows? Let people play their own way. If you don't like it, don't do it yourself. If you really dislike it, then try to remember that coach in the future and don't play 'em.

{ edit: Doh. I didn't realize the actual opponent had shown up in this thread. Oh well... this applies to anyone in such a situation. Try to give the benefit of the doubt that it was just a bad day. It happens. }

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %23, %2004 - %15:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
geff

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

A fifteen minute game, just a few days ago. Two failed really stupid rolls and failed dodge, then he conceded. He said he hated the client becaus it only roll one's and two's. I didn't really mind though. It gave me lots of cash and a nearly garanteed FF+ for my fairly new highelfteam. But I do think it was silly. I did want a match.
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I quite like it when people concede pointlessly against me, 2 MVP's is always nice.......unless I am blatantly about to score.

grrrrrr

still bitter!
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah the big annoyance is that it wasnt really going that badly for him , and although i was getting a few breaks it werent chronic , the game before my luck was terrible , i played it out ,and hoped for a better luck next time or a lucky break , ar well as you say its his life Smile
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

geff wrote:
A fifteen minute game, just a few days ago. Two failed really stupid rolls and failed dodge, then he conceded. He said he hated the client becaus it only roll one's and two's. I didn't really mind though. It gave me lots of cash and a nearly garanteed FF+ for my fairly new highelfteam. But I do think it was silly. I did want a match.

think somebody failed there really stupid roll
JohanRonn

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Just let them concede

a win eitherhow is no wasted time.
geff

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

geff wrote:

Now, was that comment aimed at me or at my opponent, or is this post just me failing my roll?
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've conceded all of I think 3 times, every time when injuries have caught up to the team (combo of on-pitch and aging), making the team unfun to play with and due for retirement. The only other time I conceded was in a tournament (Blutballas Cup VII), faced a nurgle team which just decimated me. Three perm RIP (including my blocking ogre), a niggle, MNG on my str 4 blitzer... I played the game as long as I could, trying to hold him off from scoring the equalizer, but he did anyway in turn 2/8. We could've gone to OT, with his 11 guys facing my 3 standing players, I know he woulda won. But on a miracle I might win, only to lose drastically next round of the tourney? Or concede the match now, wish him luck in the next round? Seemed the decent thing to do...

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

geff wrote:
Quote:

geff wrote:

Now, was that comment aimed at me or at my opponent, or is this post just me failing my roll?

Your opponent Smile but im sure he had his reasons
 Jump to: