35 coaches online • Server time: 10:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
New slot for Ranked Division?
YES!
35%
 35%  [ 53 ]
NO!
64%
 64%  [ 98 ]
Total Votes : 151

nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

They aint forcing you to do nothing 5 teams is plenty why would you ever need more , love the teams you have or dump them and replace them with new teams . Otherwise where does it all end .

and eddy youve only got 3 ranked teams , maybe when you have 5 you will feel different Smile
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

im at the point at the moment where all 5 of my ranked teams (who i dearly love) are all around the same tr/ts. I really wanna start a new team of ogres or vamps in ranked.......but that would mean retiring one of my teams (kinda hoping that someone will just carnage one of my teams in a match and force them into retirement...save me the hassle of picking)

However, if another slot got added.....i'd just end up with the same problem with 6 teams.....5 is fine tbh (although more slots in stunty would be cool)
Eddy

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

@nazerdemus
just because i've retired a lot of teams that you cannot see doesn't mean i have no experience of what i'm talking about when dealing with 5 ranked slots and the 5-game limit. i would have 4 teams if i didn't have to play 5+ games with my vamps team to have the right to create another team. when i finally got enough games, i didn't have any time left to play on fumbbl. too bad Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

@Eddy

It has been argued at great length that people don't play [R] because they like it, it is because everyone plays [R], so why force people to play [R] by flooding it with even more teams and making it harder to find non [R] games. (parellellism deliberate)

You could find this out if you read the other threads that I referred to earlier. I wasn't a member of the staff then, so I'll add one further point and leave it at that.

Currently 66% don't want more [R] slots. Even if it was a majority that wanted more [R] slots, I wouldn't be arguing for the minority's choices to become even more limited by a tyrannizing majority.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Relevant Link: Monopoly

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

your lucky to even have 5
Korso

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it should be 3 rather than 5.
Funso

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Start with 3 ranked slots, but ---

Give Faction winners a new ranked slot everytime they win Faction/a division. (up to a limit of say 6 or 7 slots)

Now then, this would make faction a must-play event!

Hell, this is such a great idea! Ranked is over played, faction under played yet a great format, everytime I reread this post I can't help but think how great this idea is!!!! Seriously!!
Ash

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don t get it... let people play the way they like!
If we like ranked, why not?
Are we posting a thread to ask a limited unranked slot number or something?
Really i don t get it...

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Give Faction winners a new ranked slot everytime they win Faction/a division. (up to a limit of say 6 or 7 slots)

Quote:

Ranked is over played, faction under played yet a great format, everytime I

That is VERY debateable

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you mean it's a good idea, and we should debate about it? Or do you mean the idea that Ranked is over played, faction under played is flawed?

If the latter, I don't think it is really in doubt at all; it is more a fact, I think.

I have never seen anyone post in the forums, or say in the chat: "Man, ranked needs to be played more".

And I most certainly have never seen anyone post "It is easy to find a game for my faction team."
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, how about ladder? Play ladder you, you rankedfreaks, you.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess, the idea behind this poll is the need for maore "ranked" slots. So somebody (Arlecchino) wnats more teams that count toward his coach rating. Ever thought about that?

Oh, and Mnemon
Mnemon wrote:
I want at least 10 teams in there - more the more races to choose from

There are more than 5 races in the LRB and some ppl need more than 5 teams that count towards coach rating... oh I said that Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2004 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
your lucky to even have 5

Lucky .... Luck ... Random ... Randomiser.... AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

Runs off screaming
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2004 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

What does rank do? All I notice is it's more strict to the LRB and your guys can be on the top 10. I wish more people played on open for good fun games.
 Jump to: