28 coaches online • Server time: 09:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Since everyone has their own idea on what a stunty team should look like, I thought that I would make up one.

(0-1)Treeman 2,6,1,10 100,000 Throw Team Mate, Thick skull, Take Root, Stand firm , Mighty Blow, etc.
(0-2)Bushmen 5,3,2,8 90,000 Big Hands, Sprint, Surefeet -G -S
(0-3)Creeping Vines 4,2,2,6 50,000 Stunty, Tentacles, Prehensile Tail -A
(0-2) Venuses 4,2,1,6 50,000 Stunty, Frenzy, Razor sharp Claws, Right Stuff -A -S.
(0-12) Whisps 4,2,3,7 40,000 Stunty, Extra Arm, Dodge -A

OK I do not know how to cost players. I wanted to make a team that was slow but uniquely powerful. I also like the kind of teams which are good at some things but really bad at others. For example we have AG2 Bushmen that can move mabie 8 squares and that is not guaranteed, yet they have Big hand which means that more then likley they will grab the ball. Most team mombers cannot move more then 4 or 5 squares, Yet some can tie a player down easily.

Bushmen: are essentially a man of Bush. the ball simply gets caught within themselfs once they pass over it.

Creeping Vines: These stick to players like glue and help stop the opposition from running straight to the try line.

Venuses: Based of Venus Fly Traps. They are there just to make it fun. If something gets caught then you can hunt it down. I also made them throwable because I hate seeing teams with big guys who have throw team mate and can't use it. I also though that a chuckable blitzer was an interesting idea.

Whisps: I am tempted to give these guys extra heads too. I want something that can move around but can't move far. Also I thought it cool if they had a little advantage.

Ill see what u think. I do not know how to cost players so please tell me if the price is right.
annachie

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh no, the saplings are comming, the saplings are comming. Smile

Hmm, Sapling. 2 2 1 9 Sure Feet, Standfirm, stunty, Right Stuff -s 30k
14 saplings and a couple of tree's Very Happy

feeling silly Smile
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny. I like the idea of sure feet, but you need to have ag access or you run out of skills (though has a stunty player ever recieved 6 skills?)

Anyway how about this

Whisps
4,2,2,7 Stand firm, Stunty, Extra Arms -A 40K

Or if you really want to make something slow
2,2,3,7 Stand Firm, Stunty, Extra Arms, Sure Feet, Right Stuff -A 40k

I guess that you are right a slower player could be more fun. Any thoughts.
Delta

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

annachie wrote:
Oh no, the saplings are comming, the saplings are comming.

I play tested the old suggestion of Stunty Treemen where the entire team had the Take Root nega-trait.
Man, that made for some real quick games. Especially when only 2 players showed up for both teams!!

Not sure about the RSC. How about poisoned dagger?
Would also consider giving them No Hands.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

With tree based teams I think it would be smart to wait till new on-pitch take-root is implemented to the client.
annachie

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
With tree based teams I think it would be smart to wait till new on-pitch take-root is implemented to the client.

Well, since you could consider Take Root as something that afflicts older, grown up tree men it would be fair enough for saplings not to have it.

Also their high armor and dificulty standing up should just about balance the normal stunty's higher rate of being stunned or worse.

With no ag to speak if, they should be a challenging team to coach, but then people coach pure Ogre teams so ...
hunter

Post 20 Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea, and think it has definite possibilities.

Quote:

Whisps
4,2,2,7 Stand firm, Stunty, Extra Arms -A 40K

I like this version of the Whisps better.

Maybe instead of having a Treeman you could have 0-4 Bushmen, all with Take Root (they would need a negatrait, and I'm thinking towards the future on-pitch Take Root here) and perhaps TTM? Fluff for take root could be something to the effect of needing water so bad that they have to sink their roots into the ground sometimes and drink up.

~hunter

Last edited by hunter on %b %06, %2005 - %02:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and name bushmen as kerrymen instead....!
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Has any additional thought been given to this team since the implementation of on-pitch Take Root?

I could perhaps see something like the following:
0-1 Treeman 2 6 1 10 110,000 Big Guy, Take Root, Stand Firm, Throw Team Mate, Thick skull, Mighty Blow G,S
0-2 Bushmaster 5 3 3 8 100,000 Big Hand, Sprint, Surefeet, Throw Team Mate G
0-4 Creeping Vine 4 2 3 7 50,000 Take Root, Stand Firm, Stunty, Right Stuff, Tentacles, Prehensile Tail A
0-4 Fly Trap 4 2 1 8 50,000 Take Root, Stand Firm, Stunty, Right Stuff, Frenzy, Razor Sharp Claws A,S
0-12 Sapling 4 2 2 8 40,000 Take Root, Stand Firm, Stunty, Right Stuff, Extra Arm A

Rerolls: 50K
Apoth: Yes
Wizard: Yes

Almost all players have Take Root, but they almost all have Stand Firm as well. None have Dodge.

I tweaked a number of other things as well, including armor values, skills, skill access, etc. See what you think.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems way to complicated as is to me. Having positionals is one thing but this team would only need to field two of it's basic stunties. Why not try it with 3 player types at the most, that would be a lot more stremlined.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the concept for the team, and I think it could really work. However as previously mentioned you need to drop the number of positional players, as you should have to have at least a few saplings. I think giving the whole team take root and taking dodge away from them is a magnificent idea, and it will make the team genuinely different from all other stunty teams. Unfortunately this will make them alot easier to smack around but i think stand firm and thick skull is a decent enough trade off. I like the idea of the creeping vines and bushmen but maybe you could just drop the fly trap idea completely. Whilst this would leave them a little sore on the damage department, with their reasonably high av and thick skull they could be played just to last the match and make the tds instead of going for the kills...

I would really like to see this team concept go further. Good work!
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, I did not count up the positionals- my mistake! I'll reduce the availability of Creeping Vines and Fly Traps, but I don't want to take any players away just yet since it is the_grey_ghost's concept and I'm not trying to take it over! Razz

Here is an updated roster, which would force at least 4 Saplings on the pitch:
0-1 Treeman 2 6 1 10 110,000 Big Guy, Take Root, Stand Firm, Throw Team Mate, Thick skull, Mighty Blow G,S
0-2 Bushmaster 5 3 3 8 100,000 Big Hand, Sprint, Surefeet, Throw Team Mate G
0-2 Creeping Vine 4 2 3 7 50,000 Take Root, Stand Firm, Stunty, Right Stuff, Tentacles, Prehensile Tail A
0-2 Fly Trap 4 2 1 8 50,000 Take Root, Stand Firm, Stunty, Right Stuff, Frenzy, Razor Sharp Claws A,S
0-12 Sapling 4 2 2 8 40,000 Take Root, Stand Firm, Stunty, Right Stuff, Extra Arm A

Rerolls: 50K

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump*

the_grey_ghost hasn't been on for a few days, and all his teams are gone. Shocked

It looks like he might be gone for awhile, so I'll continue to tweak this team in his absence, with help from the community.

I wanted to change the Bushmaster a bit... I view this character as someone who lives among the trees and perhaps is partially comprised of vegetation, but not as someone who is entirely a bush. It was too fast for my taste, so I took away Sprint but added Stand Firm. Note that these guys come with a hefty price tag. I also increased the price of rerolls to 60K.

See the updated roster below:

0-2 Bushmaster 5 3 3 8 100,000 Big Hand, Surefeet, Stand Firm, Throw Team Mate G
0-2 Creeping Vine 4 2 3 7 50,000 Take Root, Stand Firm, Stunty, Right Stuff, Tentacles, Prehensile Tail A
0-2 Fly Trap 4 2 1 8 50,000 Take Root, Stand Firm, Stunty, Right Stuff, Frenzy, Razor Sharp Claws A,S

Rerolls: 60K

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

really like the look of the team...definitely some potential in there for a stunty team.
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This team has been declared ready for playtesting and included in the Stunty Compendium. It will be one of many Stunty Leeg conceptual teams featured in the upcoming league. See the linked thread for more information. Details of the league will be released in the 2nd week of March, with commencement shortly thereafter.

~hunter