11 coaches online • Server time: 06:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cyco

Post 12 Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not try it; stand alone, instead of asking everything in the forum. Shocked

Many questions would be answered if you took the time to try it yourself, stand alone. That way you can try most of the thinks you want answer to. Using other teams but your own if you like.

That way you can set up a fake match beween you and you comming opponent too. To get som tactic advantage, perhaps or just for fun. Twisted Evil
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

anyone has a translator?
Kharnath

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Use the Stand Alone feature in the Blood Bowl client to get your answers. If you're uncertain whether it's possible to use Jump Up in conjunction with Pass Block etc., all you have to do is open a stand alone game and try it out.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I appologize if I expressed myself fuzzy...

What I meant was what Kharnath is saying; If you have any questions about wether a skill works or how it works. Try it yourself, instead of asking everything in the forum. Its fun quick and may help you to discover other things, you didnt have a clue about.

Stand Alone is a feture in the Blood Bowl Client, that everybody can use. Without having to try it "for real". You can make you own set ups, so you can try diffrent tactics, skills or other things.

You can even use other coaches teams, against yours or against any other team. So its quite fun to experimen with. Or to play against a comming opponents to get some idea what you are about to face.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Cyco, I never saw you answering on any of these subjects, feel free to avoid them. I find those subjects interesting.
Dust

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

In addition, you can edit teams using a program such as the Supernumerate Halfling Scribe (which can be found in places like http://home.bip.net/mort/scribe.zip). This allows you to customize skill combinations for answering these questions. Be aware that the edited teams are overwritten when you play with/spectate on them.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Hey Cyco, I never saw you answering on any of these subjects, feel free to avoid them. I find those subjects interesting.

I think its great to discuss the use of diffrent skills and I dont mind people asking about it. Im just saying I know a way to find out for yourself. Razz

Im trying to help out, not argue about it. Wink
DrDrink

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I used stand alone to see what would happen when 11 block, claw, razor sharp claws chaos warriors hit a line of 11 unskilled woodelf linemen. It was awesome

Edit: Also found out that when you have a guard on two guys that you are multiblocking, you don't get a +2 assist, only a +1. Wink

Last edited by DrDrink on %b %06, %2004 - %03:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I used ma 20 str 8 ag6 cl;aw block rsc tackle surehands chaos vs str1 av 2 nurglings with 75 apothecaries. Managed to make 97 cas in my best game. Rock on!
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing That's just wrong.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes its wrong, but fun, for some. Razz

And its a good way to find out what skill you wanna take on your player. Or just find out how it works.
Revener

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

And if you are a newbie it is a goodway to get used to the game, before your first online game.
Did this myself, hadn't played BB for 5 years when I found out about this site.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I did this and I had never played BB before at all. Playing a game or two against yourself first is not only helpful to you but also rather thoughtful for your first few opponents. You'll play quicker, with more attention on the game itself than the interface of the program and generally have more fun.

Everyone should play a game or two of standalone first, if you ask me.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I seriously wish i had played a bit of stand alone before i jumped into fumbbl. It had been about 5 years since i had previously played it.

Infact I even wish I had Jumped into unranked rather than straight into ranked....my poor woddelfs, played 12 won 0 drawn 1 lost 11. Then forced to retire

After that it all got better......still suffering the shame of painful defeat after defeat
Cyco

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Alone can teach you a lot from the game. And allows you to experiment too. So I think the stand alone option is great for all kinds of stuff.