51 coaches online • Server time: 19:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should there be niceness rating?
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 76 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 22 ]
Whatever
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 109

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 28, 2003 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

erm...... i dunno if this has been said before as i am too lazy to look back.

when you type in a coaches name you see their ranking if they have one. what i think would be a good idea would be to show 2 more ratings... one for an average rating left by other players on the player in question and another showing the average rating left by the player in question...

a sample of reviews would be available for a coach playing the player in question... (might be sounding wierd by now!!!Smile) so he can see if he will be left a fair review based on sportsmanship...

if this has been mentioned before please forgive me! its quite late and i am really tired and couldnt be bothered loking above to see if my opinions have already been voiced!

please dont ridicule me for this potential stupidity!!! Smile
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 28, 2003 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer to keep subjective ratings out.
We just need to extend the client so it reports lots of statistics, like what player fouled, etc.

Then it is up to FUMBBL to choose what statistices it wishes to play. I would like to see what player fouls the most, not just the coach who does. It would help game play too. Already I take a look who scores the most and try to remove them, I would also like to see if he has a favorite fouling player. You can also tell appart those who have DP as a defence and those that use them offensivly.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: May 28, 2003 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be much more interested in keeping track of what coaches break the fumbbl rules (in terms of match resumption etc., dropping an forcing a reload after their block didnt result in what they wanted) than i am on niceness. Fouls are a part of the game, and there are controls in the game to limit them. Unnecessary blocks may not be "nice" but they are not prohibited, and "evil" teams are prevelant in the bbowl setting. Bottom line is, do unto others as you would have them do to you. Twisted Evil