39 coaches online • Server time: 14:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Emu , Dmu and the Kaos Horde Thread has risen from the grave to join The Team
craigtubby

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a bit of a newbie here so I will put down my thoughts ....

When I first started with a wood elf team, I just took on anyone who would play me (although I did have a look at thier teams) and my first 7 games were like that. I avoided some bloke called "golgomoth" because, well his teams would have just ripped mine to pieces .... It wasn't until my 7th game that I found aout about EMU, due to half way through the coach claiming to be part og it.

To tell you the truth I was a bit miffed, I like playing bloodbowl, I like playing all types of teams - fowlings in the rules although I choose to only fowl when someones fowled me and then only in the 8th turn, as I don't want to lose players.

Now a game with two players is supposed to be enjoyment for both players - where one of the players purposly goes out of their way to make things unenjoyable for the other, well thats just a bit pathetic and selfish.

Now I avoid teams that look like they are set to cause damage, which is a shame as I like playing different types of teams.

Oh, and newbie cherry picking? At no point did anyone say to me "Hi, by the way before we start I would just like to point out I get extra point in my league for deaths/injuries and want to kill and maim as many of your players as possible" or "Hi, I'm looking to play your elves, be warned that I also want to kill and maim as many as possible so I can win my league"
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

a) No names in the forums

b) You took a look at his team and turned it down because it was blatantly obvious what would happen.

c) If you'd have spend 2 minutes of you time looking at the forums it would have been blatantly obvious that these groups were operating.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
If you'd have spend 2 minutes of you time looking at the forums it would have been blatantly obvious that these groups were operating.

Then why does this keep on happening? I'd have a bit of respect for these coaches if they told people that they were playing BLOOD Bowl and not Blood Bowl before their opponent agreed to the match.*

But then again these groups play BLOOD Bowl and not Blood Bowl, and that's why IMHO, they shouldn't operate in [R]. It's one thing for a coach in isolation to play his style of Blood Bowl but when a group encourages people to play another game, it corrupts the purpose of [R] which is Coach Ranking.

Disclaimer: I don't play [R] and have nothing personally vested in seeing these groups being removed from [R]. I actually think I'd be better off if they are kept in a division I don't play. I don't completely dislike these groups, I just think they are poorly executed.

* This means explicitly telling your opponent, not relying on the presumed belief that everyone knows these groups exist or that they will check your team's page which displays a group logo.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Bushy Claus

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I don't want the hassle of telling my opponents 'I'm EMU, be afraid' every game.

Its not a difficult or arduous task to skim over the forums when you join a new website and during season these results threads are being bumped several times daily.

...and your making the same flawed fundamental assumption that a specific member is playing blood

As has been pointed out several times a reasonable percentage of these groups view casualties as a nice addition to a game and as the guy above stated 'well his teams would have just ripped mine to pieces'! If it looks like your going to get hurt then you probably are.

If you find yourself playing in one of these matches without realising it then you only have yourself to blame. Through either lazyness, apathy or a lack of understanding in relation to the game itself (#Fumbbl_Academy kids), Then you deserve everything you get.

Its not difficult
Its not complicated
It dosent take up much time

So do it!

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

luchau wrote:

And secondly, is it possible to concede matches, and how is it done?

Yes it is possible - but I try not to do it ever! Wink

At the start of your turn, Right Click on the area that the player pictures appear and select "Concede Match".

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's amazing what a little cut and paste can do.

inquisitorpustus wrote:

If you find yourself playing in one of these matches without realising it then you only have yourself to blame.

No, I blame you for changing the rules of the game without telling your opponent prior to the match.

inquisitorpustus wrote:
Well I don't want the hassle of telling my opponents 'I'm EMU, be afraid' every game.

inquisitorpustus wrote:

Its not difficult
Its not complicated
It dosent take up much time
So do it!

Follow your own advice. Tell you opponent prior to agreeing to the match. It's not difficult. It's not complicated. It doesn't take up much time.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Bushy Claus

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %23, %2004 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

WHY...Won't..you..DIE THREAD!

DIE! DIE DIE!

*pulls out his luger and shoots the thread in the head*

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

ok .... from now on all my teams that are involved will have EMU/ Pestcontroll/DMU etc in their bio...... (i probably wont get games again but thats my own fault i guess).
Actualy all the kaos horde gathering teams are required by our rules to have that they belong to a clan in their bio. If anyone comes accross one that doesnt then please let us know so we can rectify it. Im also working on a badge that i will require all dmu coaches to use as is golgomoth for pestcontrol. As far as im aware EMU already has these badges. Lets all try to use them.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

*sigh*

We do tell our opponents with weeks of spam.
Constantly bumped threads.
Lots of smack talk in the main channel.

In short a big flashing sign saying 'I WANT YOUR LITTLE MEN TO DIE!!!'

I really don't want to have to state the obvious before every game. Principally because I've gone to the effort of looking at these groups that I want no part of and avoiding them.

Not going to do someone elses work for them.

If anyone at this point isn't sure which group I'm a part of then they need thier head checked.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe... i love the idea of the flashing sign. Laughing

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a sign which reads "let this thread die!"

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
How about a sign which reads "let this thread die!"

DreadClaw wrote:
DIE! DIE DIE!

The irony of it all.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

besides.. what is the big deal.. we only perma kill about 150 elves a season!

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to concur with the majority of was is being said...

no-one likes their team torn apart, me included, if you are running a team with the potential to do damage, you will do damage!

Yes, i will foul (certainly in DMU games, those squats are difficult enough to hurt even when fouling!)

I can honestly say that, with EMU i rarely foul, i dont tend to need to Wink , i foul if fouled or if a particular player is destroying me Smile , many will confirm this, and yes, maybe i've had the odd game that contradicts this (hey i'm human!)

If playing with a "dangerous" team i get many play resusals, i accept this, my teams in their skill selection and bio indicate their intention.....i generally accept coaches refusal to play them as sensible, thosewho accept are either suicidal, ignorant, have balls, intend to fight fire with fire or even anti-union and likely play even dirtier than you would have.

I, as a Union member/Horde member etc. set up PestControl... to cull the likes of my very own Ratticus skaven team, principly as Skaven had dominated EMU over the previous few seasons.

I'll not deny that i enjoy an agressive approach to bloodbowl, i will say that my intention is always to win, I honestly believe that the Horde, Unions, Hunting Parties are great fluff, many coaches rightly like to rub your nose in it if you fail against them! These groups are created and maintained by coaches that want more from the game, want a roleplay experience, and many coaches become good "online" friends as a result.

End of the day...will i kill your team?
With certain teams, i will inevitably try, though i'm not particularly good at it, why? Because my teams are equipped to, and an opposing important player off the field increases my chances to win Twisted Evil

When i offer you a game, i'm inviting you to be a puppetmaster in the roleplaying world that my teams live in, you are always free to decline! Smile

EMU Season 4 Champion
 Jump to: