49 coaches online • Server time: 14:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Because you (bunny) don't like these teams means they "do not improve" (what the hell should this mean???) the game?

Anyway, I don't like the fact you critize that way, and so harshly. I'm surprised GW allowed FUMBBL to exist without paying for it. It doesn't look like standart GW mentallity.

Jervis not involved? Damn, aren't some vault rules in playtesting? That is probably not involvment.

Anyway, back on the topic I would like to see the chaos divided in beastmen and chaos like in Warhammer even if I know, BB isn't warhammer.

But the 2 still have distinct feelings wich I would like to see appear in a team. Bestiality and raw power.
Alanir

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, It's been improving my win percentage a ton. Oh, and bestigors are just CW stats. And nothing different, just trying to separate beasts from warriors, kinda like how they did in Warhammer.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Because you (bunny) don't like these teams means they "do not improve" (what the hell should this mean???) the game?

Anyway, I don't like the fact you critize that way, and so harshly. I'm surprised GW allowed FUMBBL to exist without paying for it. It doesn't look like standart GW mentallity.

a) What you like and dislike is no concern of mine. If this is a probem for you, you may be Richard Cranium and I will be Haywood Jablome.

b) my "do not improve" comes from my own impressions. These new teams are not fan driven in any way. I don't think khemri, rotters, ogres and vamps have improved the game one iota, and I don't think any bb fans were sitting around anxiously the previous 10 years wishing these teams would be introduced. The last thing we need is them fiddling around with the classic teams. The chaos team works. Do not screw with it.

c) If the fumbbl community can joke about blowing up the white house I think I should be allowed to joke about blowing up SG.

d) As for the vault. I'm hoping GW gives up on bb long before it is implemented.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

so we should stick too skaven , chaos , undead ,dwarf, dark elves , wood elves , high elves ,human and orcs then .

I do agree they shouldnt change the current chaos team , unless it is just a name change from CW to Beastigor but i cant see the point of that ,

But More Teams means greater diversity , new challenges and keeps the game fresh.

I think a lot of people did want the new teams as it brings more to the game .

If it was still the original teams the game would be getting a little tired by now .

I do think introducing a shed load of new rules is not a good idea , but greater team diversity is always good , Im sure at one point you couldnt have rotters but now you can , the new teams might not be your favourites but they are still adding to the game
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If they are going to change any team it should be the goblin team , they are like lame halflings
Eddy

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

@bunnypuncher
welcome to the ever growing crowd of "people who speak without having any clue".
why do you speak about "screwing chaos" when the "new" chaos team is EXACTLY the same except CHAOS WARRIORS are now named BESTIGORS ?

as for your reasonning, well... in 1) you say you don't care about sk8's opinions or feelings, and in 2) you express your feelings. who said we should care for that ?

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

well, imo neither ogre nor khemri add much. just stuff that was there before plus some extra str 5. and thread hijacking is just... fun.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Forget about All-Beastmen-Teams, push for All-Satyr-Teams.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Ulthuan Invitational

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played tbtop bb with chaos warrior and beastman teams. They were pretty balanced and different from the chaos. The beastigors we used had 4st with horn and u got two of them.

chaos warrio team had marrauders that got random skills with chaos warriors. Not as good as the beastman team.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i quite like the idea of new teams! Means more stuff for me to buy and collect! Yes i have the collectors bug!

I quite like new teams that present different play styles, for example the slann team that will hopefullt get added into the next version of the vault, with Leap, AG3 and VLL on most players! How do you play with that!!!

Elves i hear are more of a tourney orientated team. Khemri are a totally bash orientated team
Rotters are essentially chaos at the minute but i really like the roster in the vault at the minute with rotters.

IMHO these teams do provide something different to the game, makes leagues better as you have more teams to choose from etc

I applaud the guys who have the balls to suggest something different in this lions den that is fumbbl. And this is nothing compared to TBB... Sad
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

a) What you like and dislike is no concern of mine.
->it is, or you wouldn't answer me.
If this is a probem for you, you may be Richard Cranium and I will be Haywood Jablome.
->arf really sorry, I must lighten me on who they are or if it is a joke or something.

b) my "do not improve" comes from my own impressions. These new teams are not fan driven in any way.

->Ok so in your opinion, they are not good -even if you didn't give any reason for that except that "classic teams" are better.
So fan driven teams would be better? What sort of? Which one? In which way?

I don't think khemri, rotters, ogres and vamps have improved the game one iota, and I don't think any bb fans were sitting around anxiously the previous 10 years wishing these teams would be introduced. The last thing we need is them fiddling around with the classic teams. The chaos team works. Do not screw with it.

c) If the fumbbl community can joke about blowing up the white house I think I should be allowed to joke about blowing up SG.

->The fact is, I never read it as a joke. If I have had the feeling it was one, I would not have answered or I would have laugh with you. Damn, that post seemed to express "anthipathie" (mmm french word; wonder if he exist in english) against fumbbler designers, who works on the game even if it has no commercial succes anymore. I m not beeing pro or against but it is involvement and this was what I wanted to point out.

d) As for the vault. I'm hoping GW gives up on bb long before it is implemented.

->another debate more. Some guys prefers ADD some DD3 some simply plays something else. But they work on the game, so a little respect for them working on it is IMO the minimum.

If it was a joke, then well, as I said, it was impossible for me to identify it as this
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't miss any of the new teams if they went really.

Its nice to have a big selection, but some of them have been pretty poor creations.

...well except Khemri

Years spent trying to reduce killing power and they decide to release these monsters.

Oh how I love you.

SMOOCH!

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

khermi are wimps. Especially mine. Glad they are in divx or there would be alot of pain, alot of pain.

I like variety too, but the pro-elves are lame, the rotters are just lame and the necros are kind undead rip offs. Like to see custom stadiums and other league related stuff developed.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

Damn, that post seemed to express "anthipathie" (mmm french word; wonder if he exist in english) against fumbbler designers, who works on the game even if it has no commercial succes anymore. I m not beeing pro or against but it is involvement and this was what I wanted to point out.

What the heck do "fumbbl designers" have to do with SG?

And as to Eddy, that was sort of my point. Just the "change mentalilty". Its no big deal if they change the name. So why do it? Sell more figs? Sure fine. But don't blow smoke up my butt and tell me its a change for the better. (Actually I have no idea what they are changing, but if they are just changing the name the above answer stands. Bunch of hosers.)

I'm sure some folks love the new teams. Havn't met too many of em yet. But I'm sure they are out there.

Clearly I have wandered into the "GW Fanboi" click here at fumbbl. I apologize and will leave you to your own amusement. I forgot that all things that fall from the buttocks of game designers are *solid* gold. Glad I bought that squat army.

FYI: I just contacted my cousins in the ETA and they are enroute from spain to blow the crap out of the SG office. So if you are in the UK, and you see some odd looking basque running around with a rocket launcher, be sure to warn jervis and crew. Actually man, call CSIS and have them come arrest me right now. Because never, and I mean NEVER has anyone joked about blowing stuff up on the internet before!!

FYI II: While I admit I do not read TBB and bb.com every day (or every month) like some of you *cough* do, I think the 15 years of playing the game gives me a right to have an opinion.

Now come back boy and we can flame some more!

Oh I forgot...

Richard = Dick
Cranium = Head

Haywood Jablome: should be self explanatory.

/me grunts like a troll
/me smells like a troll
/me is engaged in troll play

Last edited by BunnyPuncher on %b %30, %2004 - %02:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope that bit about the rocket launcher is true.