11 coaches online • Server time: 05:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Asmoridin

Post 5 Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys. For some reason I can't connect to the chat. My irc client (hydrairc) reports something about the server being disconnected (I know it's working because my roomate is using it without problem.

Also, I can't connect through the Java chat client- It's saying that's there's a connection error.

I used to be able to connect, any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Thanks!

Steve
Asmoridin

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, this might not have been the right place to post this, in hindsight, so if someone wants to move it, I'm sorry:)

Another thing though, if I try to connect to the irc channel with x-chat, I get this:

Connection failed. Error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

I have Windows firewall up, but when it is down, there's no change. So I'm lost.
Asmoridin

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah! Fixed it. Apparently the new version of McAfee security blocks ports 6666 and 6667. Sorry about these posts.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

No problem, I work tech support. Norton blocks everything. When in doubt, Disable!