54 coaches online • Server time: 17:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shinan

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The heroes could be named 'Shroom eaters. signifying that they've consumed some nicely coloured mushrooms and... Well... Faster and better they become. Until the withdrawal symptoms of course.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Glad to see you are as open minded as some feared. Rolling Eyes Your changes created new problems: 1. Grandfathered Sporeflingers and 2. A new name is needed for your new positional.

Sorry Sir Evo, next time I will consult your universal knowledge to get perfect results for anything needed. This includes problems that does not exist.

Im so terribly sorry for all the bad it has done to you that there will be grandfathered spore flingers and they got not just puffed to oblivion. Im also unbelievably sorry that I gave people opportunity to offer more fluffy name for new positional player. And most sorry I am that I did not just take your posts and did not do what you suggested.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent job! Perfect job living up to your name! Now that you've got that out of your system, could you actually post something sensible.

Can you explain why you introduced a completely new positional without ever posting the idea in the above threads when you claim to value feedback?
Can you explain why you created a new positional when you didn't have a satisfactory name?
Can you explain why it's better to have grandfathered Spore Flingers when you could have modified Spore Flingers instead of creating a completely new positional?
Can you explain why you think you should be taken seriously when you post such drivel?
That is unless you've actually decided to act on my constructive feedback?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It's Stunty, it's full of fun rosters, things change, but the game carries on.

I am sure in the long run, if Snotlings stop being played, or win the drops enough, they will be looked at again.

Can we get a poll set-up for the new name suggestions so far please?

Cheers
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Can you explain why you introduced a completely new positional without ever posting the idea in the above threads when you claim to value feedback?

Your opinion on valuing feedback is that your opinions are the ones that has some value. Main points in change came from threads that were set up. These include both changes to pump wagons. There was over month time for people to suggest things. There is always different opinions about how and what changes should be done. Stunty Leeg can not or never will be some anarchist place where there will be multiple ways on how things are or in which way they can go.

Quote:
Can you explain why you created a new positional when you didn't have a satisfactory name?

Snotling Hero is satisfactory name. While you whine that your opinions is value, why do you whine when someone gives you oportunity to suggest something?

Quote:
Can you explain why it's better to have grandfathered Spore Flingers when you could have modified Spore Flingers instead of creating a completely new positional?

Changin existing players that have developed into some way with skills gained is not even thinkable option.

Quote:
Can you explain why you think you should be taken seriously when you post such drivel?

Do you expect me to value you a bit for again starting this same whining you did on big guys and general access? Im frustrated to huge point seeing that its pointless to tell you anything as you keep on goin on your same basic whinings over and over again.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Peikko, get over it!
Stop being a Really Stupid Troll!

I post reasons for everything I write. I expect the common decency to answer the questions rather than posting groundless Trollish drivel. I'm trying to help the Stunty Leeg. Instead I get idiotic misrepresentations (3 of your 4 points have at least one complete misrepresentation). I don't want to waste time that could otherwise be used making the Stunty Leeg better than responding to your repeated misrepresentations. I can handle such nonsense from others at FUMBBL, but it truly disturbs me when it comes from someone that has been handed the legacy that I have worked long and hard over.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Helpful Link

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

They are supposed to suck, they are snottas for crying out loud!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO Snotlings were way too powerful, hopefully this will help with some of this.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

At least for awhile snotlings will be stronger not weaker. 3 trolls, 2 pumps with mb after 1 skill, 2 grandfathered spores + 4 ma5 pro snots totals 11 (!) positionals.
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Isnt that what you always get with changes to the rosters? I mean, none of those players are players that will live forever, they should die pretty quickly.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

cmon evo, leave the man alone. i think its fair for peikko to say that all those who bitch now obviously could have voiced their thoughts in the previous threads. i may not always agree with the way stunty is run, but i guess thats because im a person with very distinct opinions, just like everybody else in here Smile
and sorry, grandfathered sporeflingers just make me laugh. they are st 1 av 5 guys, just guess how long they'll stick around. and if that and an unsatisfactiory name for a player are your only problems, well, then peikko obviously did a good job...
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

A simple idea:

Snotlings have a strength summary of
3x5 (3 Trolls à 5St.)
+
1x6 (bec. a pump wagon clashes only every second turn with an enemy player, they normally drive around their targets)
+
6x1 (-1 bec. 1 pump wagon is only for the half of the time successful))
=

Halflings have:
2x6
+
9x2
= 30

AND they have on average more speed, more av but -1 to dodge.
So imo snotlings are now weaker than halflings.

Question
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
A simple idea:

Snotlings have a strength summary of
3x5 (3 Trolls à 5St.)
+
1x6 (bec. a pump wagon clashes only every second turn with an enemy player, they normally drive around their targets)
+
6x1 (-1 bec. 1 pump wagon is only for the half of the time successful))
=

Halflings have:
2x6
+
9x2
= 30

AND they have on average more speed, more av but -1 to dodge.
So imo snotlings are now weaker than halflings.

Question

So you prefer to line up with 10 players on a Snotling side (3+1+6) Razz

What happens if I line up 2 Wagons ?

I dont think balancing side will, or should ever be that simple.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
At least for awhile snotlings will be stronger not weaker. 3 trolls, 2 pumps with mb after 1 skill, 2 grandfathered spores + 4 ma5 pro snots totals 11 (!) positionals.

It is possible to have the above team ... but will also be very difficult to get a game with them!

I have a Snotling team, and hope the changes will make it easier for me to get games.

Meanwhile, a plug for my Superhero Snotling; http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1206280
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the right call, imrpoving the playing while reducing the bashing. Hope it's enough.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
 Jump to: