53 coaches online • Server time: 21:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should we add the "Noob Notes"?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 17 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Macavity, No one likes your posts or polls... STOP
46%
 46%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 41

Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this is a response to the recent re-activation of the stalling thread by a relative Noobie. It probably isn't worth it, but could something be added to the user guide.... a "Things not to bring up if you don't want to be mocked" note somewhere?

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do I always set myself up..... <sigh>

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

aye, i was a noob once too!

generally when someone posts something like this you get the general folk saying "why dont you use the search function!"

An archived forum section where "popular" threads can be kept would be my solution. people would not allowed to reply to them, and all the stuff not to bring up would be there, so you can read for a day and know what not to talk about!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm glad someone who's been around doesn't think I'm an idiot.... I like the idea of doing it in forums with a short directive note in User guide

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:

So was I. Still am, imho.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
Smile

you are still a noob

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

um... Fred? according to the forum listing.... He's been here longer than you have... Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps making the stalling thread a sticky in the strategies forum would be appropriate.
bloodtearer

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess i'm a nOOb too: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=620262
bloodtearer

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

mstrchef13 wrote:
Perhaps making the stalling thread a sticky in the strategies forum would be appropriate.

What's that? Stall all you want? Players that can't prevent it, deserve it?
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not entirely sure on this one.

Please believe me when I say that I would happily do many things in order to never again see another thread whining about how the random number generator is broken because "I rolled three skulls in a row! In my first game! That's like.... way impossible and stuff. That never happens in tabletop."

I just don't want to give across the impression that such topics - no matter how much I despise them - are forbidden. It smacks of censorship.

I will try to think of a good way to put it... maybe something more along the lines of "Topics Frequently Discussed in the Forums" and make note that a lot has been said on such matters... enough to be worth doing a search and some reading before posting again.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
I'm not entirely sure on this one.

Please believe me when I say that I would happily do many things in order to never again see another thread whining about how the random number generator is broken because "I rolled three skulls in a row! In my first game! That's like.... way impossible and stuff. That never happens in tabletop."

I just don't want to give across the impression that such topics - no matter how much I despise them - are forbidden. It smacks of censorship.

I will try to think of a good way to put it... maybe something more along the lines of "Topics Frequently Discussed in the Forums" and make note that a lot has been said on such matters... enough to be worth doing a search and some reading before posting again.

Aye thats what the best thing would be! And thats why you are a man of all power and im not heh!
Zippy_Wonderdog

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Search my ass, you try typing stalling sometime and see just how many damn threads come up, a popular threads achieve would be a good idea.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling: Part of the game?

and other large, yet pointless threads would be good as stickys.